Points of Divergences (A mashup of all Alternate Histories)

We know Alternate Histories, right?

We all knew The Man in the High Castle, Watchmen, C.S.A and so on...hell even on this site we have some Alternate History threads like Chaos Fiction for example...and even on the Alternate History Wiki we have the President John Mccain and 1983: Doomsday timelines here!

But what if......what if there was a world....that has every Alternate History in it?

Ladies and Gentlemen.....i present to you...POINT OF DIVERGENCES!!!!

This timeline will be a mashup of every Alternate History (It can be from this site, Alternate History Wiki or any Alternate History Movie, Tv Show, Video Game and so on so if you want to write your part in it of this timeline/universe go ahead!)

The problem you have is that once you do one POD the rest of history changes so the chances of a second exact POD is rare.

For example Britain winning the American War of Independence will change the fact of no Presidents, no presidents mean no President Abraham Lincoln, no Lincoln no assassination. With Britain having a larger empire and going to war with Spain means an alternative Europe. With George III not getting mentally ill over the lose of his colonies we have his family acting differently.

Schnozzberry

Gone Fishin'
The problem you have is that once you do one POD the rest of history changes so the chances of a second exact POD is rare.

For example Britain winning the American War of Independence will change the fact of no Presidents, no presidents mean no President Abraham Lincoln, no Lincoln no assassination. With Britain having a larger empire and going to war with Spain means an alternative Europe. With George III not getting mentally ill over the lose of his colonies we have his family acting differently.

I suspect that instead of a direct merger, @Nicholas Leo is suggesting pulling ideas from a whole bunch of alternate history to make a single, chaotic, alternative history. E.G. Pulling the RU from What Madness is This and the USSR from Twilight of the Red Tsar and putting them into the same timeline.

Perhaps a bit of clarification could be helpful.

I think you are looking for the ASB forum.
Well to be honest the reason why i put this thread here on Before 1900 is because well is that this timeline is going to take place....in the beginning of the universe itself...so yeah....no offense
Perhaps a bit of clarification could be helpful.
Well what i mean by my first post is saying "Hey everybody let's make one awesome timeline/universe that combines every Alternate History!"

Also suggestions of Alternate Histories would be nice by the way....so suggest some Alternate Histories okay?

Last edited:
Well to be honest the reason why i put this thread here on Before 1900 is because well is that this timeline is going to take place....in the beginning of the universe itself...so yeah....no offense
Yeah that isn't how the pre 1900 forum works.

Specifically, non human interactions (i.e. the beggining of the universe, biology etc) go ito ASB alongside intentionally non plausible PODs (i.e. having a POD that early which somehow combines and results in every alternate history). If you prefer, its worth thinking about the ASB forum as for anything that would require divine intervention and the pre 1900 for amything of specifically plausible human interaction.

I know ASB can sometimes seem like a slur, but it really isnt, and some of our best TLs (lile Green Antarctica) go there.

Yeah that isn't how the pre 1900 forum works.

Specifically, non human interactions (i.e. the beggining of the universe, biology etc) go ito ASB alongside intentionally non plausible PODs (i.e. having a POD that early which somehow combines and results in every alternate history). If you prefer, its worth thinking about the ASB forum as for anything that would require divine intervention and the pre 1900 for amything of specifically plausible human interaction.

I know ASB can sometimes seem like a slur, but it really isnt, and some of our best TLs (lile Green Antarctica) go there.
Yeah.....maybe i could start this thread again and this time on the ASB forum.
Edit: Did a 2nd try on the thread on ASB.

Last edited: