Plausability: TR starts Civil Rights Movement

I put this here because TR's bacon was saved by Buffalo Soldiers at the Battle of San Juan Hill and I was wondering if any of the illustrious minds at this site viewed it as plausible that he would pay this back by using some of his political capital at a later date to help fight against Jim Crow. It seems to me that TR would remember this kind of thing but at the same time I know he didn't have much use for people who weren't WASPs (however he did have a jew as, I think, Sec. of Commerce).
Any chance he does that?

mowque

Banned
I put this here because TR's bacon was saved by Buffalo Soldiers at the Battle of San Juan Hill and I was wondering if any of the illustrious minds at this site viewed it as plausible that he would pay this back by using some of his political capital at a later date to help fight against Jim Crow. It seems to me that TR would remember this kind of thing but at the same time I know he didn't have much use for people who weren't WASPs (however he did have a jew as, I think, Sec. of Commerce).
Any chance he does that?

The South won't let him. Really, the nation wasn't ready/too racist. BTW, in TR's day the Sec. of Commerce and Labor was one guy.