Planetocopia Map Thread

I was thinking of what an upside down version of Americalis would look like at a 45 degree longitude and -90 latitude but I have no idea how to implement this into climate maps, all I know is that the oceans would have been distorted and the old lakes are in the same places due to a crustal displacement of the planet. Yes I based it off of the movie 2012 but I was hoping for a realistic looking map with the end results of the oceans going in their new positions, and since deviantart is as reliable as a armless man doing a hand stand without prosthetics. I was hoping for a more mature/professional response from this site instead. I've been searching everywhere for such a map since that film and I never found anything close enough that would fit my curiosity, so I turned to here for assistance to end my long search.

Attachments

• earth 1.jpg
    earth 1.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 392
Really, really, really cool maps and projects, I love it!

Here is another really cool one: Middle atlantic ridge is North Pole, or: Australia and Antarctica switched. :cool:

xerZI6x.jpg

(sorry for the .jpg, but it is not possible to upload a .png or .bmp of this. Imgur convertes this also into .jpg, why the hell ever! -.-
If you have Alternative World Creator, just type latitude "27.4" and longitude "-46.1")

Tried making as much of the Equator Ocean as possible.
View attachment 369024
Never realized until now we made almost the exact same map @Chörnyj Orel

I didn't realize this thread was here when I did it, but I used this program: https://github.com/jkunimune/Map-Projections/releases/tag/v3.4.6 to do this (in my opinion its just a better GProjector. specifically its the map designer raster download).

Zgm2F0k.png

Jaredia Numbers
CIg4JII.png

SeaPole Numbers
Cx1dB1A.png

Shiveria Numbers
in these images you can see the UI and the specific numbers I used.

What I did with SeaPole (its Robinson at the same width as the Q-BAM):
lsSGEZU.png

Last edited:
Wow, I remembered that Europe had been altered by the higher sea levels of seapole, I'd forgotten how large of a chunk of South America gets wiped...

I didn't realize this thread was here when I did it, but I used this program: https://github.com/jkunimune/Map-Projections/releases/tag/v3.4.6 to do this (in my opinion its just a better GProjector. specifically its the map designer raster download).

Zgm2F0k.png

Jaredia Numbers
CIg4JII.png

SeaPole Numbers
Cx1dB1A.png

Shiveria Numbers

lsSGEZU.png
Oh, this is interesting, do you know if elevation and river maps could be exported using this program too?

Oh, this is interesting, do you know if elevation and river maps could be exported using this program too?
you can input (and thus export) anything thats equirectangular, and its very easy to make an elevation/river equirectangular map. There are also a ton of export projection options, which is nice.

This map will probably be of some interest to people here. Its from a 2019 study reconstructing Antarctic topography before the post-Oligocene glaciation. Probably the most scientific guess we can get at what the continent would look like under non-polar geographic circumstances. Wayan was close in his Jaredian version, just with the position of his mountain ranges being a little off from this more informed reconstruction. If you have an institutional email, or a subscription to ScienceDirect, you can read the full paper here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031018219304845?via=ihub

Attachments

• antarcts.jpg
    antarcts.jpg
    953.9 KB · Views: 178

Gabingston

Kicked
Planetocopia is one of my favorite late night rabbit holes, so I'm glad to see it has a thread here. I'd love to see a climate/biome map of Turnovia, although that map of a reverse rotating Earth kind of did that job.

Planetocopia is one of my favorite late night rabbit holes, so I'm glad to see it has a thread here. I'd love to see a climate/biome map of Turnovia, although that map of a reverse rotating Earth kind of did that job.
Pretty sure that those would be identical- Turnovia basically is the Earth with its rotation reversed along with the direction for the top of the map.

Zgm2F0k.png

Jaredia Numbers
CIg4JII.png

SeaPole Numbers
Cx1dB1A.png

Shiveria Numbers

lsSGEZU.png
Whoa, are u doing to do Jaredia and the rest?.

Gabingston

Kicked
Pretty sure that those would be identical- Turnovia basically is the Earth with its rotation reversed along with the direction for the top of the map.
I'd like something more detailed, and with the earth actually flipped on its head. Something like a Koppen climate map or the biome maps of Jaredia that @Lowtuff made years ago would be nice. I'd make it if I knew more about meteorology and was better at making maps.

I'd like something more detailed, and with the earth actually flipped on its head. Something like a Koppen climate map or the biome maps of Jaredia that @Lowtuff made years ago would be nice. I'd make it if I knew more about meteorology and was better at making maps.
A climate map of Siphonia and Inversia would also be cool to see.

Last edited:
I and Molotovsnowman did some maps for retrograde earth which is functionally similar to Turnovia but based on an actual scientific study. There’s also videos from said study now to better show how climates change between otl and ttl.