Planetocopia Map Thread

Manchuria at the North Pole and the Falklands at the south sure looks funky
mo90aUv.png

Political map of Jaredia, credit to whoever made the blank map

View attachment 630729
A few places where OTL doesn't make sense here...

See
1) A key part of Jaredia is that the Bering Strait is no longer below sea level due to the large African Icecap.
2) Several current straits have also closed due to the lower sea level including the inter New Zealand strait, Java is attached to the mainland of Asia and so is Sri Lanka.
3) The US Canadian border is a line of latitude or longitude here.
4) The borders of the Mediterranean area are tundra and bog. A Oil Rich *slightly* warmer Arabia would easily be able to control farther inland
5) Africa itself is unlikely to remain international like our world's antarctica. Madagascar will certainly claim the African Coastline near it, but in order to claim all the Moroccan Tundra, they'd probably need an ally in the Atlantic outside of Europe (Europe is *considerably* weaker than OTL). Perhaps Brazil is a Madagascar Colony that stayed close to the motherland of Madagscar?

Manchuria at the North Pole and the Falklands at the south sure looks funky
mo90aUv.png
This inspired me to move the North Pole to 49.1 N, 167.9 W in an effort to stretch Afro-Eurasia from the Arctic to the Antarctic. The result is pretty similar to a scenario Redcoat commissioned a few years back.
polarpassages.jpg

This inspired me to move the North Pole to 49.1 N, 167.9 W in an effort to stretch Afro-Eurasia from the Arctic to the Antarctic. The result is pretty similar to a scenario Redcoat commissioned a few years back.
So, I was originally hoping for a continent of which you'd have to sail around the world to get from one side to the other, but now I'm thinking that, without making the planet significantly cooler than we have it nowadays, there's nowhere to put enough ice to keep the Isthmus of Suez from being flooded.

But that's fine. A long strait is at least as cool as an isthmus.

So, I was originally hoping for a continent of which you'd have to sail around the world to get from one side to the other, but now I'm thinking that, without making the planet significantly cooler than we have it nowadays, there's nowhere to put enough ice to keep the Isthmus of Suez from being flooded.

But that's fine. A long strait is at least as cool as an isthmus.
I could see ice forming in the north pacific rim mountains, going down, eventually pulling enough water to uncover bering straight, ice going on there & then ice climbing up southern african highlands honestly., (doesn't get to the highlands)

Though problem with that is ice would suppress Bering straight. Hmm. You can fudge the numbers some how you want it.

.EDIT.. Yeah, looking at it the alaska area is definitely within greenland glaciatian range & it will probably go down pretty far south, esp with it starting in the mountains, Kamchatka is iffy, & probably isolated. africa glaciates in a full ice age not sure that happens.

Here is the section Glaciates like greenland:
Section Greenland Glacier.png

Here is a size comparison:

Compare.png

I would say just this & no other glaciatian leads to about ~50 meters higher sea level rise than OTL, the Rockies Glaciatian would be extremely impressive and would follow the mountains & it's valleys further than I showed in the top pic. I think the bering straight would hold continental ice, not sea ice given how antartica works but I'm not completly sure.

I can't do this cause I have a mac & program doesn't work, but putting the pole in St Lawrence Isle/ a bit to the north east means you get glaciation in the bering sea, alaska and some in antartica.

Last edited:
Here's some Seapole questions:

Now, Seapole is old. Back then, the hypothetical max sea level was hypothesized to be up to 130m - now it's max 70m.

The first question is: how much do you think the land would sink down further due to extra water weight (i think about - 20 more meters, but I have no idea), the second - would the Iranian and Afghanistan basins have enough rain to overflow into the Aral/Caspian/Mediterranean basin, seeing that the Equator passes right through Afghanistan.

The second: Would the Altiplano have enough rain to see a lake mega-Poopo that would overflow? The Andes are pretty high but also now run in a mostly east-west direction

The third: Seeing that the sea level wouldn't be that high, would a Turgai straight form due to erosion or not?

And the final and most important question: Due to no ice carving through northernmost, including the straits Canada, would Greenland perhaps actually be a giant peninsula of North America? I know there wouldn't be a bay in the middle, just a hilly basin.

There's also all the weird inlets and estuaries that due to erosion would probably not exist - like the Pannonian, and all those sharp ones on the Black Sea and Caspian coasts, which would just be small limans. But that's for a potential re-do.

Last edited: