Planetocopia Map Thread

I'm kinda confused (and, apparently, nearly a necro-poster.) In your sig, there are 2 completed worlds. One of them is obviously Jaredia, and there's another one that I'm pretty sure is Seapole. Then in your WIPs, there's Shiveria and a world that isn't any of the Tilts unless it's also Seapole. So, which one is Seapole?

I'm kinda confused (and, apparently, nearly a necro-poster.) In your sig, there are 2 completed worlds. One of them is obviously Jaredia, and there's another one that I'm pretty sure is Seapole. Then in your WIPs, there's Shiveria and a world that isn't any of the Tilts unless it's also Seapole. So, which one is Seapole?

No worries, 1 month is hardly that bad.

First one is Cassini which is from xkcd - then we have Jaredia, Seapole and Shiveria, all Planetocopia works.

Giving a go at Morraw's Americalis here!

AlrWj3C.jpg

What's the policy on using these fantastic worldas for our own purposes?

(I would credit the original creator, of course)

Feel free to do as you'd like with them - I'd love to see what people can do with them after all.

In that case I'll be lifting your WorldA of Cassini-World for some quick sketches of history there.

My own musings since have lead me to want to alter some of my last 'final' version (post-glacial lakes and fjords are a huge headache, as I'm sure you know), but the base map you've sorted out is excellent. The biggest issue I'm trying to get my head around is the same one that boiled my noodle in 2012 when we first investigated this tilt, is how much ice would there be in India and Tibet, and how much in Mexico and the Andes.

Sorry I haven't been as active in this thread as I intended to be, right now I have a half dozen or so ten to twenty minute bursts on most days where I can focus on AH, but not many hours where I can get into a good pace.

Looking again at the different tilts, it seems to me that Jaredia is the one with a pole the furthest from continental landmasses or major islands. Another point that makes it a very interesting scenario IMO.

In that case I'll be lifting your WorldA of Cassini-World for some quick sketches of history there.

My own musings since have lead me to want to alter some of my last 'final' version (post-glacial lakes and fjords are a huge headache, as I'm sure you know), but the base map you've sorted out is excellent. The biggest issue I'm trying to get my head around is the same one that boiled my noodle in 2012 when we first investigated this tilt, is how much ice would there be in India and Tibet, and how much in Mexico and the Andes.

Sorry I haven't been as active in this thread as I intended to be, right now I have a half dozen or so ten to twenty minute bursts on most days where I can focus on AH, but not many hours where I can get into a good pace.
Good luck, FYI, Antarctica will probably need some work.

No problems mate, continue as and when you'd like. I'll look forward to seeing anything you make - the stuff you've done is fab and you clearly know what you're talking about!

Good luck, FYI, Antarctica will probably need some work.

No problems mate, continue as and when you'd like. I'll look forward to seeing anything you make - the stuff you've done is fab and you clearly know what you're talking about!

Thanks!

I knocked up a quick ice-free Antarctica for 'Green Antarctica', it's just a matter of rotating and scaling it. And finding it on my old PC.

Did you consider WorldA-ing some prehistoric or future maps?

Looking again at the different tilts, it seems to me that Jaredia is the one with a pole the furthest from continental landmasses or major islands. Another point that makes it a very interesting scenario IMO.
The oddest thing to me about Jaredia is that Hawaii is just... there. Slap-bang in the middle of the Southern Ocean. Bit disconcerting.

Anyway, Seapole, Shiveria, Jaredia and Americalis are all very, very interesting scenarios. Earth, but not as we know it.

Thanks!

I knocked up a quick ice-free Antarctica for 'Green Antarctica', it's just a matter of rotating and scaling it. And finding it on my old PC.

Did you consider WorldA-ing some prehistoric or future maps?

I've given a go at similar things before and if anything it'd be a fair bit simpler than a tilt. Anything in particular you'd be interested in seeing?

This might be 100% science fiction, but I'm picturing an El Niño style event in Jaredia every so often, where the ice-cap suddenly spins off it's axis, and any ships below fifty degrees are face with a moving continent of ice careening around the great Pacific (or should we say Tempestuous?) Ocean.

I've given a go at similar things before and if anything it'd be a fair bit simpler than a tilt.
Anything in particular you'd be interested in seeing?

I haven't been able to find a predictive map with clean lines for 100 million years from now, but what I have been able
to find piques my interest.

maxresdefault.jpg

I like the Mediterranean Mountains, the Cretaceous style shallow seas everywhere, super-Madagascar incorporating
the eastern Rift Valley, the new Atlantic Archipelago, the super-Baltic sea/lake, the extensive Steppe, the Indochina
Sea, there is a lot to get to grips with here.

There are more resources online about past maps and climates, future maps and climates require a lot more judgement
on the part of the cartographer.

Do you plan to go for the other planetocopian worlds, like the Caprices and the worlds like Kakalea or maybe even Lyr?