Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth, I have really enjoyed this timeline. I have learned about several historical figures that I had never heard of before. Thank you for that. In places, even your words are somberly beautiful and evocative such as this line in the latest chapter about the old Austro-Prussian war veterans who "repeatedly dodged death in the cool autumn breezes." Kudos on a continuing masterpiece of writing

So the Hungarians committed regicide? And sacked Paris’ only rival as the heart of high European culture?

Counting down to when the Kaiser’s stormtroopers putting the boot to the Hungarians.

Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth, I have really enjoyed this timeline. I have learned about several historical figures that I had never heard of before. Thank you for that. In places, even your words are somberly beautiful and evocative such as this line in the latest chapter about the old Austro-Prussian war veterans who "repeatedly dodged death in the cool autumn breezes." Kudos on a continuing masterpiece of writing
Wow- thanks very much; that's awfully kind of you!
Really glad you like it, hope you stay on for more!

Do you plan to send German Army ?

Indeed I do. This won't help Emperor Maximilian's legitimacy, but it will get the job done.
So the Hungarians committed regicide? And sacked Paris’ only rival as the heart of high European culture?

Counting down to when the Kaiser’s stormtroopers putting the boot to the Hungarians.

Yeah... not the smartest move ever. They just handed the Danubians a great martyr.
Karoly will get what's coming to him, rest assured.

Well well well, the Habsburgs got a martyr and considering that there were Habsburg partisans in ww2 in Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, OTL itself that they inspired so much loyalty that people till 1945 fought in their name, the Habsburgs will probably survive longer than otl.

For a moment I thought it was already over for Danubia!

The Hungarians like to think so, especially since they managed to get the Emperor. And if it was Franz Josef, that might have worked. But it was Karl, and right after he’d spearheaded a popular federalization reform of the Habsburg Empire too. That he died as a literal martyr will also galvanize popular support for the Habsburg Dynasty, and in a way that transcends the Catholic-Orthodox divide.