Pischi's Tutorials

Inkscape #1

So you downloaded Inkscape (if not, do it, it's awesome).

1. Open Inkscape. You should see something like this:
PFzVv.png

2. Because we will need them (but the first not in this tutorial but in general) lets open two "docks":

"Layers"
7dLN4.png

and "Fill and Stroke"
blYgW.png

you see the little arrow? there you can make them disappear if they take to much space. With a klick on the tap the dock appears again.
5D7si.png

3. So let's see what we can do now, we can change the color of objects ... wait i didn't tell you how to create objects? Just click one of the Symbols on the left side, for example the square, the circle or the pencil.

Let's make a rectangle:
jY7xA.png

Mine is black and has no stroke ... hmm, but i want it green with a black stroke, let's see:
MIwQ2.png

So that is green. Now the Stroke, first click Stroke Paint than change the thickness with Stroke Style.
52k6z.png

R9rRL.png

4. Let's export this peace of beautiful art:
MT0DQ.png

<3 <3 <3
hxNfU.png

5. Now create a map like this:
3KoIe.png

Just kidding that your are not able to do that yet, but one day you will be :)

That's not very funny.
It's not supposed to be funny (just a bit)... I want to start with the very basics for people that do not know how to work with Vector Programms. LS_Catillina made once a tutorial but that was to complicated for many. I know how difficult it is to get started with Inkscape. In later tutorials I will explain how layers, paths and the grid work before I start with actuall map making.

It's not supposed to be funny (just a bit)... I want to start with the very basics for people that do not know how to work with Vector Programms. LS_Catillina made once a tutorial but that was to complicated for many. I know how difficult it is to get started with Inkscape. In later tutorials I will explain how layers, paths and the grid work before I start with actuall map making.

That's alright, then. I thought this was the only part, and well, to end it like that feels kind of trolling. Sorry if I offended you.

Oh, and consider me subscribed. Finally I'll have a use for Inkscape!

That's alright, then. I thought this was the only part, and well, to end it like that feels kind of trolling. Sorry if I offended you.

Oh, and consider me subscribed. Finally I'll have a use for Inkscape!
No problem.
Great, I hope I can upload the next part before christmas.