Photos of the Kaiserreich

Details on the Catholic Revival for you, their main belifs is that Christianity is needs to be as Bishop Barron would say "the town cryer announcing the truth to all the land." This is in reaction to when the NRC muzzled the church before Underwood came along. They see that because it had no voice outside the mass and confessional it failed to properly warn the faithful about the Dangers of Underwood and his Reforging doctrine to come into force. This leads them to have a deep and bitter hostility towards secularism, they see that a church with no true voice will never properly warn the Catholics of the world to new dangers. They also want compassion in government. This compassion comes from traditional church Social teaching and a reaction to essentially running the ONLY real efforts at Compassionate reffugee aid.
Would this work @theg*ddam*hoi2fan

For the folks organising it, sure. Though even for normal people caught up in it, there'll be spectrums of agreement. Some may only like some aspects of it, others other aspects, others will love it all.

The way I see it, as I said before: the US post-NRC is divided and very fluid. Some people react against the NRC era by going for religion, as you have. Some react against it by embracing the things that NRC social conservative policies disapproved of and made illegal, as seen in the Manhattan Scene. And some are NRC-era-stalgics. So a highly fluid socio-political framework where various radically different ideas are being embraced.

Will await your next photos with interest.

russians-isis.jpg

Bombing of a Syndicalist position during the ongoing Middle East Crisis. The fight between the governments of Egypt, Persia, Arabia and Libya all backed by Bulgaria against Syndicalist rebels backed by the Bhartiya Commune has been going on for the past 3 years. The end of the Kurdistan Crisis and the defeat suffered by the Cairo-Riyadh-Tehran-Tripoli Axis caused a lot of instability which simmered over the next 30 years before the current crisis started. While der Vereinte Nationen have put forth a resolution that the Liga der Freien Nationen and the North Atlantic Co-operative Organization cannot get involved and officially they haven't, the Liga der Freien Nationen is believed to be backing Bulgaria (which isn't a member because of lingering minor issues with Germany) while the North Atlantic Co-operative Organization is believed to be backing the Bhartiya Commune (which isn't a member due to not being in the North Atlantic).

Currently Bulgaria has the upper hand in this crisis but Bhartiya Commune troops have recently clashed with Persian troops along the border leading to many believing that ground forces are getting involved soon.

john-kerry-10673562-1-402.jpg

The controversial Mayor of Boston, John Kerry. Kerry was a soldier in the Canadian armed forces, an ambassador to Italy and a go between for the Catholic underground in the USA and the Canadian government. He emerged as the suprise candidate for the mayorality of Boston. He ran on a Christian Democratic platform, advocating work progams similar to Mayor Colbert's Chicago Works, and a moral revival to the city, which includes hevy coordination with the Catholic Church on many fronts. He won with a hevay majority in the Irish Catholic vote,who turned out in exceedingly high numbers largely put down to Revival fervor. He is controversial for his open admiration of the Democratic party in the United States and a number of laws passed by the cooperative leglesature which have blocked the construction of Abortion clinics, An Social welfare scheme which had a practicular focus on poor pregnant women and finally adoption centers which have been praised as some of the best in North America. these laws have earned him the friendship of the enormously influential Catholic Church in Boston and Incredibly popular Bishop and face of the North American Revival, Robert Barron. Rumors are that he is planning to run for parliament once his second term is up.

Last edited:

Might want to redo the whole 'cutting abortion clinics' thing - he could get away with blocking their construction or pushing alternatives (adoption services, etc.) but if he tried to openly impede access to a legal service because of personal religious beliefs the Canadian government would be less than happy. Otherwise, he works, though if he continues his pro-US rhetoric he might not get another term...

Anyway...

phin%20Rig%20%201001.jpg

Harland and Wolff Shipyard, Belfast, Republic of Ireland. Gaining control of the shipyards was a major economic boost for the fledgling Republic, and Ireland as a consequence would be a hub for shipbuilding in Europe. Even today, ships built at the Belfast yards are sought-after by buyers who want reliability and durability, and they provide repair services to all shipping lines active in Europe...as well, naturally, as employment to a large portion of Belfast's population.

MARY-ROBINSON-QUEEN.jpg

Two-term President* of the Irish Republic and then-Leader of the Democratic Left (Daonlathas Clé) Party Mary Robinson meeting with Queen Elizabeth II in 1993. Even with her administration now part of history, Mary Robinson is remembered as one of the greatest leaders in Ireland's time as an independent nation. Chiefly remembered for her reinvigoration of the Irish economy following the economic downturn of the 1980s, her funding for a large new network of state schools (as well as the academic scholarship that bears her name), and her ensuring that Berlin and Paris were made well aware that Ireland was a partner in Allianz Paneuropa, not a satellite state.

jadotville-dornan-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqaxhR1vC4M3eHXTZuhDlJp0YMapKPjdhyLnv9ax6_too.jpg

Still from the 2016 film Heroes of the Litani, starring Jamie Dornan as Commandant (ultimately General) Patrick Quinlan, then-comander of A Company, 35th Battalion, a part of the Irish commitment to the Pan-European peacekeeping force sent to what would later become the Arab Republic of Phoenicia, during the Ottoman withdrawal in 1961. Quinlan and his force of 155 lightly-armed soldiers were forced to defend a small town near the Litani River against a force of over 4,000 pro-Turkish militia, as part of their overall aim to create a separate Turkish puppet state separate to the forming Phoenicia. Quinlan and his men resisted enemy assaults for six days, exhausting their ammunition in the process but killing over three hundred of the enemy and wounding up to a thousand. They were ultimately relieved by a German Panzergrenadier unit. Quinlan and his men were hailed as heroes on their return to Ireland, and as well as their native awards would be personally decorated by the Kaiser.

article-2273961-0CD2684700000578-452_634x387.jpg

Still from the 2002 film The Magdalene Sisters, set in Ireland of 1938. Telling the story of several young women imprisoned in one of the infamous Magdalene Asylums for 'Fallen Women', the film is but one of a number of Irish works of screen and writing that have told the story of these grim institutions.

During the Union of Britain's Occupation of Ireland, Syndicalist forces raided and forcibly closed the Asylums, along with a range of industrial schools and educational institutions. Their findings were - by order of Oswald Mosley himself - broadcast wholesale across the island, in an attempt to discredit the former government and institutions and reconcile the Irish people to Syndicalist rule. While the latter would not happen, the effect of the revelations was to entirely shatter the power of the Catholic Church in Ireland when the Republic was restored. Most Irish Catholics felt personally betrayed by the Church, given their nation's prior history of devotion**, while many politicians saw opportunity.

In large part as a result of these revelations, Ireland today is a highly secular country, having borrowed considerably (or copied wholesale) from France in its post-Liberation legislation on Church-state. Social Conservatism is largely dead as a political force, and many of those who work to try to resurrect it are in fact non-Catholics such as...

IAN%20PA_10

...the late Reverend Ian Paisley, one-time Independent TD for North Antrim and founder of the Liberated Presbyterian Church. Born into what had been a Unionist family, the Occupation had made public support of re-unification with Britain effectively a dead letter in Irish politics. Paisley's political career, therefore, was based around two things: campaigning for a socially conservative legal and penal code; and 'protecting the people of Ireland from the grasping hand of Rome'. As a TD, Paisley would be repeatedly ejected from Government buildings for furious outbursts on the floor, including a long harangue about how Ireland should withdraw diplomatic recognition of the Italian Federation until the Pope - or as Paisley called him, the 'Whore of Babylon'*** - renounced any temporal power in the government of Italy.

This photograph shows him being led away from Armagh Cathedral by two members of An Garda Síochána, following a particularly vitriolic protest against the new Archbishop in 1980. It was shortly thereafter that he lost his seat for the final time, ending his political career for good.

* Following the Union of Britain Occupation, then-President Collins had even further strengthened the role of the President under Irish law, thus establishing it as a Presidential Republic.

** Pretty much what happened OTL, only earlier and harder.

*** No offence meant to anyone, these are his words not mine ;) - and while he did in fairness mellow in later life and took part in the Peace Process, at one stage in his career rhetoric like this was par for the course for Paisley OTL.

Also one question why does the Irish population believe their GODLESS Syndaclist occuppiers. I already disdain the media for it's treatment of the church, if I were to have an enemy force come down and occupy me say this,it would only fuel my devotion not lessen it.

What do Irish think of the Revival?

Somewhat wary of it - the bulk of the Irish people ITTL have come to automatically mistrust attempts to move religion into the political sphere, even for quite mild things.

Also one question why does the Irish population believe their GODLESS Syndaclist occuppiers. I already disdain the media for it's treatment of the church, if I were to have an enemy force come down and occupy me say this,it would only fuel my devotion not lessen it.

Because the bulk of it got independently confirmed after the Occupation.

Somewhat wary of it - the bulk of the Irish people ITTL have come to automatically mistrust attempts to move religion into the political sphere, even for quite mild things.

Because the bulk of it got independently confirmed after the Occupation.
Their still be people who think it is a lie, considering a bunch of Protestants liberated them

Lucifer-Main.jpg

The charecter Lucifer Mornigstar, from the joint USA-PSA production. The show Lucifer Takes place in PSA Las Vegas,a well known center of gambling, it follows the actual devil who has gotten bored of running hell and goes down to the PSA to run a night club.along the way we get a very intimante charecter study of the devil,who often tempts people away from the light of god and a lampooning of the PSA culture. It has a distinct religous air and has been praised by Bishop Barron and a number of other religous figure for its deep exploration of the Devil and his temptations. It has also been attacked by the secularist left for "Railing NRC theocratic propganda at our instutions." mainly for the portrayl of the sex life of a Democratic Liberal senator and the Patriotic right in the PSA attack it for American involvment. It is wildly popular in the USA and parts of the PSA.

Different anyway :D Entertaining, though I imagine in-universe it could get fairly unsubtle in the message it wants to promote.

Cheers for the help in fleshing out the US - your ideas really played into and helped develop the general idea I'd had for the kind of chaotic nature of democratic-era US politics :)
oh it is, they very much love going after the Scene,Vegas, and soical liberalism in general while also attacking the Social democrats and Conservites in the USA, and both sides of the spectrum in PSA politics.Thank you, You know I wa recently considering starting up an RPG based on the struggles aganst the NRC goverment. I would love for you to be the GM for that.

oh it is, they very much love going after the Scene,Vegas, and soical liberalism in general while also attacking the Social democrats and Conservites in the USA, and both sides of the spectrum in PSA politics.Thank you, You know I wa recently considering starting up an RPG based on the struggles aganst the NRC goverment. I would love for you to be the GM for that.

Definitely unsubtle :D

That's cool, and thanks for the vote of confidence in the universe :D Unfortunately, I have a few too many projects at the moment :( Lot of writing... But will definitely enjoy reading where you go with it!

Definitely unsubtle :D

That's cool, and thanks for the vote of confidence in the universe :D Unfortunately, I have a few too many projects at the moment :( Lot of writing... But will definitely enjoy reading where you go with it!
thanks,I hope i will be up to the task of being a GM. Your welcome to play and of course advice me on world building.

1200px-JohnZiegler.JPG

Newly elected Senator John Ziegler responding to questions by reporters. John was a radio host and conservative buissness man in Los Angeles, California. He went into politics and managed to get himself the nomination for the Pacific Republicians in his District of LA. He was written off by many as a token candidate especially considering the Liberal Hollywood giant Harvey Weinstein was on the Democratic Liberal man. However a series of Los Angeles times Exposes and accusations of sexual misconduct coming from women he worked with in Hollywood immensely hurt his campaign. He called all of the accusations false and attacked the media as conservative and out to get him at any cost. Ziegler won the campaign by the slimmest of margins and has pledged to bring his views to the senate.