Photos of the Kaiserreich

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by pattontank12, Sep 25, 2017.

1. akoslows Well-Known Member

I see. Allow me to fix that

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    President Earl Warren likes this.
  2. bhlee0019 Just An Ordinary CItizen

maybe he converted at 1920s?

3. akoslows Well-Known Member

President Earl Warren likes this.
  4. President Earl Warren Well-Known Member

5. terranova210486 Well-Known Member

What's Pokémon like ITTL?

Servox312 likes this.
  6. SomeFollowTheStars My Soul is a Dancing Star

It probably doesn't exist since it was created 60 years after established canon. Otherwise, it depends on what happens to Japan.

7. Landser03 Well-Known Member

I mean besides some notable examples, Kaiserreich uses a butterfly net for the majority of people and cultural events. So if the likes of Tintin and the Blue Lotus exist, surely pokemon exists in some form later along the line.

8. SomeFollowTheStars My Soul is a Dancing Star

Tintin was started in 1929 by Georges Prosper Remi who was born around 8 years before the POD, Pokemon was released in 1996 by Satoshi Tajiri who was born 29 years after the start of the game. They are not the same.

9. Landser03 Well-Known Member

I realise that but if we were to strictly go by the butterfly effect, due to a central powers win there would logically be no Tintin or a great deal many other things that appear in game. I think it's fine to use a butterfly net for Kaiserreich, one of the settings appeal is to see how figures from OTL developed differently while still being recognizable.

10. SomeFollowTheStars My Soul is a Dancing Star

I disagree. It is perfectly reasonable for Tintin to still exist in the Kaiserreich timeline. The same cannot be said for Pokemon.

11. Landser03 Well-Known Member

Why? Belgium lost the war, occupied until 1920, facing extended Flamenpolitik and food shortages, facing the upheaval of being reformed into the puppet kingdom Flanders-Wallonia while losing Belgian Luxembourg and their colonial empire. Honestly I'm surprised Hergé even survived the ordeal, let alone having his future only marginally changed to allow Tintin to exist.

12. davidp111 Cpt.pants

Well in democratic Japan route, there is something about culture rising(don't remember exactly what, haven't played Japan for a long time) so there is that...

13. FanOfHistory Active Member

[​IMG]
    German Tiger tank being prepared to go into battle. Circa 1942

The Tiger first made its debut in the ruins of Strasbourg. The day day the Tiger was introduced, it destroyed 20 enemy tanks, and the Germans did a counter-attack that threw the French and British back 6 blocks. Due to the circumstances in which the Tiger was created, it was great vehicle to use in defensive warfare, but wasn't viable on the offensive. It was very heavy and its engine was under powered, but it did have a very good gun, so it was kept in service until the end of the war.

14. Earthallias Who TF keeps liking but not replying?

Does Germany have the chromium to build jet fighters that actually live up to the hype

15. akoslows Well-Known Member

http_%2F%2Fa.amz.mshcdn.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F12%2Fkkkparade-11.jpg
    A 1939 photograph showing the infamous "White Man's Triumph" march, where thousands of KKK members marched throughout Washington DC to celebrate the Silver Legion's successful coup against Huey Long. The surprising use of the old US flag in this march was meant to symbolize the rebirth of the United States into "a true nation of the White Christian Man".

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  16. raffaele gaggioli Well-Known Member

4DB6450500000578-0-image-a-14_1530200423325.jpg

Nimrata Haley, first female prime minister of the dominion of India
    Elected in 2016, her government has been characterised by both a reproachment with the empire of Japan regarding Burma's indipendence and an hawkish policy towards the Russian Empire and its incursions into afghan territory

Vua_Mohammed_Zahir_Shah.jpg
    Ahmad Shah Khan , current king of Afghanistan

17. raffaele gaggioli Well-Known Member

dc7a7fc3e1eda3cea12dabeca578fbae.jpg
    Alfonso XIV, first king of the spanish government-in-exile in the Balearic islands
    In 1938, following the CNT-FAI's victory in the spanish civil war, Germany and France backed a military coup in the Balearic islands, making them indipendent from continental spain and planning to use them to launch an invasion of Spain during the Second Weltkrieg
    However this invasion never happened thanks to spanish neutrality during the conflict
    Even today Alfonso's heirs still claim to be the legitimate government of Spain
    1510947456143.jpg
    José Antonio Primo de Rivera, leader of the nationalistic forces during the Spanish Civil War
    Following his defeat, he escaped with the rest of his government to Spanish Sahara, founding an other spanish government-in-exile ( the so-called "Spanish State") besides the one in the Balearic Islands
    Unlike Alfonso XIV however, he soon lost all support from the Etente and the reichspackt thanks to his violation of human rights and violence towards the natives

gettyimages-558665437-1024x1024.jpg
    Hermann Von Goring celebrates Mittelafrika's successfull invasion and annexation of Spanish Guinea in 1939
    The official motivation for the invasion was the protection of the german territories from Syndacalist agitation

18. raffaele gaggioli Well-Known Member

19. President Earl Warren Well-Known Member

20. theg*ddam*hoi2fan Beware of the Leopard

Under a bridge, handing out business cards