General Adolf Heusinger pictured in 1965. Heusinger was never a fanatical Nazi and lead the May 1964 Coup against the Nazi Regime following the death of Hitler after the revelation of the holocaust. He become acting Head of the armed forces and worked with Albert Speer to take control of the Country with Speer becoming President of the newly declared "German National Republic". Heusinger helped to mastermind the retreat of German forces in Eastern Europe in 1964 and well as commanding the GNR forces during the battles in Bavaria during 1965 & 1966 against Nazi loyalists. He died in 1982 aged 85.

Last edited:
Police ready to face off with refugees riots in American Hong Kong, 1967. Following the defeat of Japan and of the United Kingdom in Europe, America took control of Hong Kong with it being unable to return to British rule.

This time without the lease.

17-hong-kong-riots-1967.jpg

Overturn cars litter the streets of Paris, 1964. Following the coup against the Nazi Regime, and the revelation of the Holocaust, France was rock by riots and armed movements against the 'Vichy Regime'. Unlike what happen in Germany, however, the Freach State would survived, putting out the riots while helping GNR forces fight Nazi loyalists.

Free France would collapsed by the 1970s and 80s.

1968_car%20barricades.jpg

Are we going from the book or the TV movie, I have been going from the book, Normandy never happened, but it did in the film and was a failure.

Truth be told, I had the movie in mind when I posted the first pic kicking this off. I mean we can do both easily if it helps, or I can take out the pic.

I've got two questions for the person Markly Bunny making this thread (wonderful job by the way):
1. I wonder what happens to Fatheland Britain, after all we known there was a referendum in 1970 to decide if it would stay as the United Kingdom or if it were to become the British Republic. Which path does Britiain choose?
2. I'd like to see what the flag and coat of arms of the German National Republic of Fatherland looks like. I bet it will be the old black, white, and red German imperial flag seeing how it is reverting to the pre-Nazi era with similar colors and the imperial eagle both of whom will be used to distance themselves from the 1933-1964 Nazi regime. Then again who knows?

I cannot take credit for this thread, it was Historyman 14. although I had read Alternate history books before Fatherland (SS-GB), Fatherland was the one that really got me into the subject, and the thread was something I thought I could help with.
As for the answers to questions above.
  1. I left it open on the question of a Republic, I will return to this when I have decided.
  2. The flag and emblems would close to the Federal Republic of OTL.

Last edited:
I cannot take credit for this thread, it was Historyman 14. although I had read Alternate history books before Fatherland (SS-GB), Fatherland was the one that really got me into the subject, and the thread was something I thought I could help with.
As for the answers to questions above.
  1. I left it open on the question of a Republic, I will return to this when I have decided.
  2. The flag and emblems would close to the Federal Republic of OTL.
Why not the old imperial German flag and emblem that seems like a good way to distance themselves from the Nazis given the similiar colors and eagle but still harkening back to the old days.

Friedrich Paulus. Remember as the 'Hero of Stalingrad' due in part of his victory over the Red Army in Case Blue. Promoted to field marshal by Hitler in 1943, Paulus would go on to become the Minister of War and Chief of the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht till his death in 1957. His funeral rival that of Paul von Hindenburg's own in 1934.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-B24575%2C_Friedrich_Paulus.jpg

Syngman Rhee. The first president of the Republic of Korea. After taking power. Rhee carry out a bloody 'pacification' of Korean communists in the North and those against his rule. (The worst being the Bodo League massacres and the Jeju uprising.) This sour relations between Korea and the USA to the point of the CIA carrying out a coup against Rhee in 1952, which was successful.

471px-Rhee_Syng-Man_in_1956.jpg

Deleted member 2186

If we go by the book only two A-bombs where dropped and the German as a show of force detonated over New York a V-4 rocket armed with a A-bomb, so only three A-bombs have ever been use in anger by two different nations.

If we go by the book only two A-bombs where dropped and the German as a show of force detonated over New York a V-4 rocket armed with a A-bomb, so only three A-bombs have ever been use in anger by two different nations.

First off, it was a non-nuclear V-3 missile and it was really to demonstrate the Germans ability to attack the continental United States with long-range missiles.

Also, I figure without the Soviets to help the US out against Japan by invading Manchuria and Korea it would be harder to force Japan to surrender so we see two more bombs being drop.

Deleted member 2186

First off, it was a non-nuclear V-3 missile and it was really to demonstrate the Germans ability to attack the continental United States with long-range missiles.

Also, I figure without the Soviets to help the US out against Japan by invading Manchuria and Korea it would be harder to force Japan to surrender so we see two more bombs being drop.
From the book which is used for my timeline based on the book.

Peace with the American in 46 - a triumph for the Fuhrer scientific genius! When America defeated Japan by detonating an atomic bomb, the Fuhrer had send a V4 rocket to explode in the skies over New York to prove he could retaliate in kind if struck. After that the war had dwindled to a series of bloody guerrilla conflicts at the fringes of the New German Empire

Deleted member 2186

@ Historyman 14 sorry my bad, toughed it was a nuclear "V-3" missile above New York City but instead it was a non-nuclear "V-3" missile above New York City as you said.