Photos from World War Z

d5b16e0f99c4cd53e2e48dab5db434fc.jpg

A-129 Mangusta attack helicopter of the Italian Army patrolling above Verona.

promo249618443

Soldier of the Australia Defense Force hunting for zombies in East Timor in conjunction with the UK's OPERATION STONEFERRY.
20161019adf8270845_350_cropped_banner02_spt_to_ops_0.jpg

A CH-47 Chinook delivers ground troops as ADF prepares to retake Melbourne starting from the outskirts.

Zombies.jpg

The horde of zombies from Manhattan pictured approaching the military blockade at the Battle of Yonkers.

(From Resident Evil Outbreak: File 2)

Pit-full-of-zombies-The-Walking-Dead-601.jpg

Two survivors scout a quarry full of zombies in rural Virginia before relaying the location to a USAF AC-130U Spooky which soon engaged the horde with all its weapons.

Anyone else think the 'Zombie Pile' from the WWZ movie was plain silly?

6c8461451-gss-130620-zombies-world-war-z.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

I guess they were going for a insect swarm like nature for the zombies, which makes some sense in theory. I just don't think it works on a live action visual level though.

extinction2.jpg

Zombies and mangled victims in the streets of the town of Jerantut, Malaysia in what initially covered up as anti-government riots. This was a few months before the Fall of Kuala Lumpur.

From Max Brook's The Extinction Parade.

dsc02299.jpg

The dead zone of Iceland seen from HMS Daring. Iceland could be considered the worst-hit country in Europe during World War Z due to the lack of a military enough to counter the infected. Surviving Icelandic people have relocated to Greenland, Ireland, Canada, San Pierre and Miquelon, and the Shetland Islands (UK) were the await repatriation as the UN clears Iceland of zombies.

31e95b070a923b2dbe5011776bf52f2d.png

The Fall of Paris. Smokes dotted the landscape of Paris from fires around the city as the French authority was forced to abandon the area during the evacuation to their safe zones in Corsica and the mountains. The Battle of the Catacombs of Paris, one of the deadliest battle during the course of the war in Europe, later occured in the city.

(Taken from World War Z)

IMG_20170808_132402.jpg

The restored Muiderslot Castle in Muiden, the Netherlands. During the course of the war, Muiderslot became a haven for an estimated several hundreds of refugees fleeing the chaos that engulfed Holland, due to the defense the castle offered - moat and high walls. However, as the Dutch army stormed the castle at the end of the war, the refugees have already died out to a severe case of pneumonia and suicides, as they found out from the notes left by the dead throughout the place.

1360853347_bigstock-Chapter-Spisska-and-Spissky-Ca-16128422.jpg

View of the restored Slovak town of Spišská Kapitula overlooking Spiš Castle in Central Europe. With the gates of the walled town blocked, the town could have been easily became a refuge for the inhabitants of the surrounding countryside; however, the inhabitants of this area chose to run away to the safety of Spiš Castle on a neighbouring hill, even if they could have just survived in their own home. Unlike the story of Muiderslot, the refugees survived the war almost unscathed.

Last edited:
Anyone else think the 'Zombie Pile' from the WWZ movie was plain silly?
Yep, I think that so. I mean, the Israeli authorities in the movie have the Atarot Airport operating, and with the amount of airplanes going to and fro with refugees to the city, I have no idea why the zombies didn't breach the wall earlier if the zombie pile works like that, considering the noises from the airplanes would have been louder than the sound of some refugees singing.

Last edited:

Thomas27

Banned
Yep, I think that so. I mean, the Israeli authorities in the movie have the Atarot Airport operating, and with the amount of airplanes going to and fro with refugees to the city, I have no idea why the zombies didn't breach the wall earlier if the zombie pile works like that, considering the noises from the airplanes would have been louder than the sound of some refugees singing.
The WWZ coming this year have the same "horde" logic in it...

French Army during WWZ (Part 01)

FELIN_SAGEM_future_infantry_soldier_system_Fantassins_Equipements_LIaison_Integres_France_French_army_640_001.jpg

French Army with FÉLIN (French future infantry soldier system) shortly after first outbreak in Metropolitain France, FELIN system was totally ineffective during the first engagements against the infected.

170117-O-ZZ999-111.JPG

French Soldiers is defending a wall against Infected in Southern Mali, because of its multiple engagements and defense agreements with African countries, France deployed thousands of soldiers and vehicles to Senegal, Mali and Chad while the virus spread across the African continent, many French military units were isolated or forced to continue fighting with the local forces well after the fall of Paris, nowadays the French armed forces, seriously weakened nevertheless keeps on the security of the Sahara and the Niger River alongside the rest of the African armies and of international forces.

1197682-frenchtroopsfranceafghanistanafp-1476224210-740-640x480.jpg

Photo of Emile Renard, French War Hero, he fought during the Battle of Orléans and Sens, these two particularly violent battles allow the French authorities to retreat to the south. Emille Renard was killed much later during the Battle of the Catacombs (Basement of Paris), these last words would have been "They shall not pass!".

000_Par8089982.jpg

French soldiers are keeping one of the accesses to the city of Nice alongside the local police forces, this city was of strategic importance because of its proximity to the naval base of Toulon and Corsica.

amx_br10.jpg

French Cold War AMX-30 "Brenus", despite the fact that the AMX-30s were removed from service in the early 2000s, the French army was forced to bring back hundreds of AMX-30s. One of the drawbacks of the AMX-30 was its inability to fire while driving.

@Ukron, the AMX-30 only needs to run over zombies with its mighty threads.

Also, the French Navy's flagship Charles De Gaulle could have saw the same function as the USS Saratoga. What would happen to the Foch and the Clemenceau, would they have been reactivated? I'm sure the French Navy Med fleet evacuated to Corsica while the rest probably are in French Polynesia or Reunion Island.

Foch was bought by Brazil and serve Brazilian Navy as Sao Paulo from 2000 to 2017
Clémenceau was scrapped in 1997.