Photos from Watchmen

mspence

Banned
One thing that would seem to be affected by a moratorium on technology would be automobile design, yet they seem to look the same as OTL.

One thing that would seem to be affected by a moratorium on technology would be automobile design, yet they seem to look the same as OTL.

The cars seem to at least look outwardly similar. Although based on the sounds they make most vehicles, even the local redneck’s pickups are electric.

Last edited:
513JDoEWvpL._SX385_.jpg

The 1995 film Cuthroat Island starring Geena Davis, Matthew Modine and Christopher Walken, directed by Renny Harlin, made its hit debut, fueling the second rise of pirate films, which continues to this day....

9112021_01-A5-at-72-dpi.jpg

Tim Berners-Lee. Invented something that could have changed the world for the better...and then Redford put in that call to Downing Street that got him jailed for life.

Tim Berners-Lee. Invented something that could have changed the world for the better...and then Redford put in that call to Downing Street that got him jailed for life.
I can’t really see the Brits jailing him for life without solid reason. Maybe they just buried it under mountains of red tape for security reasons. In its place, TBL creates TIM: The Information Mine (aka alternate universe Encarta 98)

I can’t really see the Brits jailing him for life without solid reason. Maybe they just buried it under mountains of red tape for security reasons. In its place, TBL creates TIM: The Information Mine (aka alternate universe Encarta 98)

Do you think that it's possible that somehow, the internet may go public to the Watchmen Universe in Season 2? With the possibility of the number of superheroes with actual powers emerging after Dr. Manhatten's death and Angela (probably) taking his powers, I see it as a definite possibility.

mspence

Banned
So I assume Watchmen happened after Doomsday Clock? Kind of surprised Adrian didn't have a backup plan for being arrested...although maybe he escapes again...

junket-owlship02.jpg

A retired ‘Owl Ship’ used by the Buffalo Police on being transported to the Cradle of Aviation Museum in East Garden City, NY. This revolutionary design first used by the costumed adventurer known as Nite Owl has since been mass produced for use by law enforcement agencies across the US.

(As a side note if regular police departments are equipped with these kind of craft you have to wonder what military transports must look like in this TL. I’m guessing something more along the lines of the Cheyenne drop ship from Aliens then a Blackhawk.)

14664777_G.jpg

Damage done to local buildings after the Greenwood Incident. Fortunately casualties were low since the frozen squidfall took place late at night.

Depending on how you feel about the series, apparently Lindelof has decided he doesn't want to do a "Season 2" of the Watchmen (HBO-TV). If anything, I think it actually makes sense, and is a testament to the quality of the series: