Photos from Kentucky Fried Politics

iFjmRmz.png

[pic: imgur.com/iFjmRmz.png ]

– KFC Chief Senior Advisor and former US President Harland “Colonel” Sanders enters his 1966 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud after surprise-visiting a KFC outlet in Kenosha, Wisconsin, c. 1974

yo3WXUY.png

[pic: imgur.com/yo3WXUY.png ]

– A close-up of Colonel Sanders making KFC at his home in Florence, KY, c. 1975

BX3mgIT.png

[pic: imgur.com/BX3mgIT.png ]

– The Colonel at a local Women’s Club near Paducah, Kentucky, c. 1978; The former President often attended small events near KFC outlets to shore up local support for said outlets

Xf44STP.png

[pic: imgur.com/Xf44STP.png ]

– Colonel Sanders, at age 95, visits a KFC in Pittsburgh, PA, c. summer 1986; during this year, the typically talkative former President condemned those proven to have been involved but otherwise kept his thoughts concerning the then-ongoing scandals plaguing the Denton administration quietly to himself, given that he was at the center of the Ms. Arkansas Scandal of 1970; according to comments made by his family made after his death, the Colonel allegedly believed that Denton resigning was "the right thing to do"

feR5sUT.png

[pic: imgur.com/feR5sUT.png ]

– retired MLB pitcher Donald Trump revisits the Yankee Stadium in his old Yankee uniform, c. 1987

m5lxlTs.png

[pic: imgur.com/m5lxlTs.png ]

– A political cartoon about the early 1990s Recession being blamed on US President Carol Bellamy despite Democrats blaming the Denton and Kemp administrations for it, 8/9/91

5A097SL.png

[pic: imgur.com/5A097SL.png ]

– The US Secretary of Defense, US Navy Admiral (ret.) John McCain (left), takes question from reporters concerning American troops still stationed in post-KW2 Pyongyang, while US President Larry Miles Dinger (right) stands to the side, 10/12/1997

6IjCW5R.png

[pic: imgur.com/6IjCW5R.png ]

– A single-panel cartoon strip, c. 2010

ORksGAW.png

[pic: imgur.com/ORksGAW.png / imgur.com/xdQRYPF.png ]

– US President Paul Wellstone describes the need for education reform outside the US Capitol Building, 1/29/2011

swing-vote.jpg

President Grammer shaking hands with locals in Texico, New Mexico during a Town Hall event on the 2016 re-election campaign

woodchuck-coodchuck.jpg

Governor Wesley Woodchuck of Oregon from the Media Circus animated TV series. Loosely based on President Grammer, Woodchuck would be a reoccurring character and antagonistic foil to the comedic shenanigans of the Media Circus characters. Grammer would regularly be compared to the bears of his home state of California (especially during his bearded tenure), so it was felt by the producer of Media Circus that his comedic homage should be appropriately state animal based.

Last edited:
771d1e_1586bd6e8ce54435b0552f2df15c1390~mv2.jpg

Final shot from "Signing Off", the series finale of Media Circus. Media Circus followed the one Willard Horseman, a jaded news anchor and alcoholic who's life and career are completely upended when a corporate merger see's his ex-fiance become his new executive producer in the pilot ("Top Of The Hour"). Initially billed dramedy focused on the behind-the-scenes events and drama of a fictional news channel, the show would increasingly focus on the personal issues off the character, ranging from depression and mental health to sexual assault. While the show was heavily influenced by the likes of Aaron Sorkin's The West Wing, it would be the writing of Raphael Bob-Waksberg which would really set the tone for the show

(So yeah, basically a mash-up of Bojack Horseman and The Newsroom)

Last edited:
VjLOjBf.png

[pic: imgur.com/VjLOjBf.png ]
– Former US Secretary of State Jack Kennedy (D-MA), staring sadly out the window of his limousine near Boston, shortly after losing the 1968 Presidential Election, c. late November 1968

Also:

41KGmcP.png

[pic: imgur.com/41KGmcP.png ]
– The picture of Bob Ross that I used for the OurVids Title Card found in Chapter 117 of the TL

3k38gR9.png

[pic: imgur.com/3k38gR9.png ]
– A picture I found of The Colonel with some people I couldn’t identify; maybe I should crop them out and just have it be a picture of Sanders looking at something?

adhNZdy.png

[pic: imgur.com/adhNZdy.png ]

– Colonel Sanders listening to a cabinet member during a White House meeting, c. early 1972

iBEcqCx.png

[pic: imgur.com/iBEcqCx.png ]

– President Colonel Sanders watching the results of the 1972 President Election on TV, Election Night ’72; the race was neck-and-neck after the first few states were called, but Mondale soon enough pulled ahead in the Electoral Count until obtaining a majority over The Colonel’s Vice President, William Scranton

iczAUWF.png

[pic: imgur.com/iczAUWF.png ]

– Colonel Sanders sitting in front of a pressure fryer at a children’s medicine charity benefit, c. early 1988

And here are some more pictures of Colonel Sanders that I couldn’t figure out where to place in the TL:

bj12iJR.png

[pic: imgur.com/bj12iJR.png ]

Sanders holding up a gloved index finger. Maybe it’s from a KFC commercial or an ad?

NPm2DRJ.png

[pic: imgur.com/NPm2DRJ.png ]

Sanders being purple (I didn’t edit it to be purple, this is just how I stumbled across it online) and whispering something into a camera; maybe it’s a Halloween-themed ad and this is the Colonel trying to be spooky?

Hy1Jq58.png

[pic: imgur.com/Hy1Jq58.png ]

Sanders serving KFC somewhere fancy. I really wanted to include this image in the TL somewhere, as it looks like he’s personally waiting on foreign dignitaries at a White House dinner, but the background looks too ornate for the White House, and I couldn’t figure which world leader The Colonel would do such a thing for, with the approval of his optics team of course (likely a close ally like Canada’s Hellyer or the UK’s Powell, but, again, the background just doesn’t look right…).

Any ideas or suggestions for any of these, anyone?

Any ideas or suggestions for any of these, anyone?

For the dinner one I’d say him serving foreign guests in one of his famous chicken dinners and would be fitting. For the first one maybe a political ad? That or a KFC ad would work well. The purple one is utterly cursed.

18EF2F21-20CE-49FC-8A6E-043D12D4EDF7.jpeg

Official photo of Speaker H. Dargan McMaster (2012)

B825BAA7-37A4-4EC1-AF4E-5A4B7271BD3B.jpeg

South Korean soldiers during the Second Korean War ten miles south of Pyongyang.

Three Hillenburg photos:

kCjuZfn.png

[pic: imgur.com/kCjuZfn.png ]

– Stephen and his wife Karen attend the grand opening of a SpongeBob’s Undersea Cuisine location, photograph undated

vXlS1Cw.png

[pic: imgur.com/vXlS1Cw.png ]

– Stephen walks along an underpass in Singapore, during a trip abroad to study culinary styles, ingredients and methods underutilized in American fast-food chains, 1/28/2005

qL72Ean.png

[pic: imgur.com/qL72Ean.png ]

– Stephen about to enter the kitchen of his chain’s 200th location, c. 2015

BONUS:

B1FPgT1.png

[pic: imgur.com/B1FPgT1.png ]

A Photo edit of Jimi Hendrix attending his royal ceremony to formally become the Crown Prince of the Sanwi Kingdom, c. mid-1990s; this edit was not used in the TL because I didn’t like how it turned out

3296F4E5-1FF5-4281-A200-CE1BFCAD0E2F.png

The logo for Life in Heck Other Fun Places (1987-1993)
C938664B-DFB0-4F7E-A0CC-5FE8E8154752.png

The first logo for SpongeBob's Undersea Cuisine, used from 1991 to 1993.
0867CDFC-EEC1-4BB3-80FA-C6EE80F524B9.png

An ontech image showing the different Wendyburger/Wendy's logos from 1968 to the present.
011BC0CB-0E48-47B3-910F-9865512A039A.png

The Finger Lickin' Good, Inc. corporate logo since 1965.
F5C322B6-AD0B-4DD8-A508-2F55302B6EEE.png

Last for now but not least, a frozen KFC bucket shown in a 1992 publicity photo (apologies for the text being off, I made this and all my other images in Photoshop Mix on my phone, but I do have GIMP on my laptop).

And here are my suggestions for some of those Colonel pics:
  • Signing pic: Probably signing autographs during a grandchild or great-grandchild's birthday party, maybe for their friends.
  • Hat pic: The guy next to the Colonel could be cropped out or have his face covered in some way if he's Harley (maybe a rip in the photo or something). Definitely related to religion, judging by the two-barred cross hats.
  • Gloved index finger: Definitely has to be an old ad.
  • Purple Colonel: Maybe a still from an old commercial or footage, explaining the fading. Has to be a closeup of the Colonel shouting at someone, or giving a speech.
  • Colonel looking at a map with other people: Crop it to show just the Colonel; he may be looking at a map with Harley for potential KFC franchises.

The fancy backdrop photo I agree with Blue Sky on.

Last edited:
8d58871b71c672fa9ed409b6d5dfac53_xl.jpg
1968cb8a91ab66dfb4b63a9126e6ed8c_xl.jpg

Containing puzzles, jokes and stories focusing on Sanders and the wonders of his chicken, these promotional comic books from 1973 were trialed in several restaurants across the United States as a means of helping keep the children of restaurant goers entertained while their parents were busy ordering food. Produced in house by KFC, the comic books would be met with mixed success and would be quickly discontinued within a year. Due to their limited run and the often destructive nature of children, very few have survived to the present day and have become somewhat of a collectors item.

KFC-Colonel-Comic.jpg

KFC would return to the world of comics in 2015, publishing a limited edition run of comics detailing the life of the former president of the United States on the 25th anniversary of their founders passing.

6D4A28B8-7796-4F9F-8B6C-99914988CBC0.png

The evolution of the KFC logo (top to bottom: 1954, 1959, 1978, 1991, 1997, 2006, 2009, 2013, and 2015)
629DF389-F1AB-48BE-815F-49AD66DBA907.png

The second logo for SpongeBob's Undersea Cuisine, used from 1993 to 2008.
E8DF9F48-0430-484C-90B7-F6166790E1BD.png

The third logo for SpongeBob's Undersea Cuisine, used since 2008.
4AB8681E-3D65-455F-874C-12547B73598A.png

The logo for The Whoop-ass Girls (1997-2009).
C79E8EDB-8D91-4F9F-AF72-096AAFE51104.png

The logo for The Power Punch Girls (the censored title used overseas).
KFC frozen.png

And a fixed version of the KFC Frozen Chicken pic, using GIMP.

Bonus image:
F4A76F35-B274-4861-BB75-D501F314D48C.png

A higher-quality version of the logo for the Overmyer Network, used since 1965.

Last edited:
View attachment 677812
The logo for Life in Heck Other Fun Places (1987-1993)View attachment 677814
The first logo for SpongeBob's Undersea Cuisine, used from 1991 to 1993.
View attachment 677817
An ontech image showing the different Wendyburger/Wendy's logos from 1968 to the present.
View attachment 677820

The Finger Lickin' Good, Inc. corporate logo since 1965.
View attachment 677825
Last for now but not least, a frozen KFC bucket shown in a 1992 publicity photo (apologies for the text being off, I made this and all my other images in Photoshop Mix on my phone, but I do have GIMP on my laptop).

And here are my suggestions for some of those Colonel pics:
  • Signing pic: Probably signing autographs during a grandchild or great-grandchild's birthday party, maybe for their friends.
  • Hat pic: The guy next to the Colonel could be cropped out or have his face covered in some way if he's Harley (maybe a rip in the photo or something). Definitely related to religion, judging by the two-barred cross hats.
  • Gloved index finger: Definitely has to be an old ad.
  • Purple Colonel: Maybe a still from an old commercial or footage, explaining the fading. Has to be a closeup of the Colonel shouting at someone, or giving a speech.
  • Colonel looking at a map with other people: Crop it to show just the Colonel; he may be looking at a map with Harley for potential KFC franchises.

The fancy backdrop photo I agree with Blue Sky on.
Wow, these are awesome! How did make the first one, font-size, because it's impressive how it is in the Simpsons style like that.
Thanks for the suggestions!

8d58871b71c672fa9ed409b6d5dfac53_xl.jpg
1968cb8a91ab66dfb4b63a9126e6ed8c_xl.jpg

Containing puzzles, jokes and stories focusing on Sanders and the wonders of his chicken, these promotional comic books from 1973 were trialed in several restaurants across the United States as a means of helping keep the children of restaurant goers entertained while their parents were busy ordering food. Produced in house by KFC, the comic books would be met with mixed success and would be quickly discontinued within a year. Due to their limited run and the often destructive nature of children, very few have survived to the present day and have become somewhat of a collectors item.

KFC-Colonel-Comic.jpg

KFC would return to the world of comics in 2015, publishing a limited edition run of comics detailing the life of the former president of the United States on the 25th anniversary of their founders passing.
Fun!

View attachment 677920
The evolution of the KFC logo (top to bottom: 1954, 1959, 1978, 1991, 1997, 2006, 2009, 2013, and 2015)
View attachment 677921
The second logo for SpongeBob's Undersea Cuisine, used from 1993 to 2008.
View attachment 677922
The third logo for SpongeBob's Undersea Cuisine, used since 2008.
View attachment 677923
The logo for The Whoop-ass Girls (1997-2009).
View attachment 677924
The logo for The Power Punch Girls (the censored title used overseas).
View attachment 677932
And a fixed version of the KFC Frozen Chicken pic, using GIMP.

Bonus image:
View attachment 677972
A higher-quality version of the logo for the Overmyer Network, used since 1965.
Awesome! How long did it take you to make these? You did an amazing job with these, especially with the font on the Powerpuff Girl logos. How did you get the writing to "curve" like that for the Instant Fried Chicken, because it's impressive!
Thanks a bunch!

You're welcome, Gap. And thanks for the response! Answering your questions:
  • I used Font Meme for pretty much all the fonts shown (aside from some instances where I used a default font provided by Photoshop Mix, such as the years on the Wendy's logo evolution using the Gill Sans font). Wendyburger uses Wendyville, the FLG logo uses Birds of Paradise, the 1991 "Undersea Cuisine" text uses Opti Dom Casual, the 1993 version uses Tiki Tropic, and the 2008 version uses Spongeboy Me Bob for that same text, the Powerpuff Girls logos use Powerpuff, the Life in Heck logo uses Homer Simpson, and Revans is used for the Instant Fried Chicken bucket.
  • For the curved writing, I used the Warp Transform tool on GIMP.
  • The length of time it took varied, depending on how much I felt like doing it or how complex it was. If it's a simple logo, like the FLG Inc. logo as an example, all it took was a few minutes; just moving around a few elements to make it look better. The Wendy's logo evolution, on the other hand, took quite a while to do.
  • For the KFC logo evolution, I saw that the modernized KFC identity was used in a 2009 chapter, so I figured that the logo evolution would be a bit quicker (hence the 2018 logo being introduced in 2013 instead). The "more detailed" Colonel head is used in tandem with the 2013 logo.
And yes, I plan on doing more. May even do photos showing the alternate presidents' Oval Offices.

Also, here's the John Lennon image from 1995, fixed to show the modern NBC logo on the microphones instead of the 1959 one (done with Unified Transform and a bit of paintbrush, along with some "Despeckle"): And here's a fixed version of the Crown Prince Hendrix picture.

Last edited:
You're welcome, Gap. And thanks for the response! Answering your questions:
  • I used Font Meme for pretty much all the fonts shown (aside from some instances where I used a default font provided by Photoshop Mix, such as the years on the Wendy's logo evolution using the Gill Sans font). Wendyburger uses Wendyville, the FLG logo uses Birds of Paradise, the 1991 "Undersea Cuisine" text uses Opti Dom Casual, the 1993 version uses Tiki Tropic, and the 2008 version uses Spongeboy Me Bob for that same text, the Powerpuff Girls logos use Powerpuff, the Life in Heck logo uses Homer Simpson, and Revans is used for the Instant Fried Chicken bucket.
  • For the curved writing, I used the Warp Transform tool on GIMP.
  • The length of time it took varied, depending on how much I felt like doing it or how complex it was. If it's a simple logo, like the FLG Inc. logo as an example, all it took was a few minutes; just moving around a few elements to make it look better. The Wendy's logo evolution, on the other hand, took quite a while to do.
  • For the KFC logo evolution, I saw that the modernized KFC identity was used in a 2009 chapter, so I figured that the logo evolution would be a bit quicker (hence the 2018 logo being introduced in 2013 instead). The "more detailed" Colonel head is used in tandem with the 2013 logo.
And yes, I plan on doing more. May even do photos showing the alternate presidents' Oval Offices.

Also, here's the John Lennon image from 1995, fixed to show the modern NBC logo on the microphones instead of the 1959 one (done with Unified Transform and a bit of paintbrush, along with some "Despeckle"):
Very cool! Thanks for the info!

And thanks for the 1995 fix! I appreciate it! :)

Also added the Hendrix fix up on the post. Really need to check those notifications before updating a post.
Awesome! Thanks for that, too!

Last edited: