Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

The statement has been made that any piece of land in Eastern Europe that includes Warsaw has probably been called Poland by *somebody*...

I'd say the art style of something like the older Disney films, with the scenery and characters in 2D, and vehicles like planes and barrels in 3D.
For me, an art style for an animated TL-191 adaptation would be the art style of the Mortal Kombat Legends movies.

Last edited:
THEODORE ROOSEVELT: "Fellows, you have heard the man say "Walk softly and carry a Big Stick" - well now we have the Big Stick, we have used that Big Stick well and now it is time for Americans make themselves HEARD!"

275px-Saint-Eustache-Patriotes.jpg

Artist painting of the Battle of Saint-Eustache of the 1837-38 Canadian rebellion (other names include the Canadian War of Independence (a name used by the United States since the Great War) and the First War of Quebocis Independence (First Great War being the Second)).

125px-Flag_of_the_Canadian_Repub.jpg

The flag of the Republic of Canada. This would be later used as the flag of Ontario when it was admitted into the Union.

250px-Navy_Island_map.jpg

Map of territory controlled by the Republic of Canada (ignore the otl borders)

During the occupation and the process of admitting Canadian Provinces into the Union, the new school system put in place by the Americans had used the rebellions of 1837-38 to teach Canadian schoolchildren that they weren't too different from the Americans as they both were people that rose up against "an unjust monarchy."

"I remember that before my mother [Mary McGregor Pomeroy] was executed for her crimes, I was taught things I didn't believe in. Such as that King George was a mad tyrant, Canada should have been conquered in the War of 1812, loyalists during the Revolutionary War were all traitors, and that both the USA and Canada aren't too different from each other, citing the rebellions of 1837-38 as examples."
Interview with Alec Pomeroy in 1989.

In Quebec, the rebellion is considered its first war of independence due to the rebellion taking place in modern-day Ontario and Quebec. December 7, the start of the rebellion, is considered Quebec's independence day.

Last edited:
View attachment 831976
Artist painting of the Battle of Saint-Eustache of the 1837-38 Canadian rebellion (other names include the Canadian War of Independence (a name used by the United States since the Great War) and the First War of Quebocis Independence (First Great War being the Second)).

View attachment 831978
The flag of the Republic of Canada. This would be later used as the flag of Ontario when it was admitted into the Union.

View attachment 831979
Map of territory controlled by the Republic of Canada (ignore the otl borders)

During the occupation and the process of admitting Canadian Provinces into the Union, the new school system put in palace by the Americans had used the rebellions of 1837-38 to teach Canadian schoolchildren that they weren't too different from the Americans as they both were people that rose up against "an unjust monarchy."

"I remember that before my mother [Mary McGregor Pomeroy] was executed for her crimes, I was taught things I didn't believe in. Such as that King George was a mad tyrant, Canada should have been conquered in the War of 1812, loyalists during the Revolutionary War were all traitors, and that both the USA and Canada aren't too different from each other, citing the rebellions of 1837-38 as examples."
Interview with Alec Pomeroy in 1989.

In Quebec, the rebellion is considered its first war of independence due to the rebellion taking place in modern-day Ontario and Quebec. December 7, the start of the rebellion, is considered Quebec's independence day.
What happened to Alec in your timeline?

So I don't want to get nailed for picture viloations but I wanted to post the Confederate equipment elvotion from Paths not taken here so I quoted it all

Well clearly I have a new thread to catch up on, but before I do that one would like to thank you for sharing all this with us VL: I’m not very good with technological diagrams myself, but that makes me admire your ability to put such things together all the more.

Regarding the insignia plates (which I feel slightly better-qualified to offer an opinion on), I like the way you’ve handled the Army insignia - especially in making good the CSAs lack of insignia for the specific grades of General - though I’m inclined to quibble a bit over the choice of branch colours (I would have suggested sticking with the green used during the Civil War for the medical branch - which would let you use black for the militia, as a nod to State Regiments of the Civil War using black in place of the more proper Infantry branch colour* and would also let you use grey as the branch colour for the Air Corps.**

For a while now I have imagined Timeline-191 CS Army uniforms placing rank insignia at the cuffs, rather than the collar (at least at the time of the Great War) as a nod to the British and French Armies doing likewise: In this mental image only Confederate generals would keep the lacing on their sleeves and rank insignia on their collar (with field officers, NCOs and private soldiers wearing either national or state insignia at the collar - the latter usually state initials like ‘VA’ or ‘SC’ or ‘TX’ and the regular army using something more elaborate).

Note that this applies only to field uniforms: dress uniforms would likely be more elaborate (though I’m not sure if the T-191 CS Army would retain grey for Full Dress: I’m tempted to imagine that the mark of Full Dress would be coloured, rather than plain butternut, kepis).

Oh, and I’m a little bit wedded to the notion that rank chevrons for Southern NCOs point in the opposite direction to those seen on US army types (As a small, telling detail).

*I’ve been tempted to show the CSA use black-on-butternut insignia for NCO uniforms during and after the Great War in consequence, though that might be a little too high-contrast.

**Since I imagine the CS Navy would contribute a considerable number of aviators to various battlefronts, making the Air Corps branch colour grey on butternut would be a nice nod to the ‘mongrel’ character of various squadrons.

If I ever find the right references I really do want to work out badges for the various technical specialities and merit badges so important to any armed service (Helping one tell the sharpshooters from the electricians from the gunners): I might even be able to do that for the navy, since I stumbled onto a book with the insignia of the several navies engaged in the Second World War at sea and will hopefully be able to work from that.

Thank you again for sharing your illustrations and please do keep up the Good Work!

Well clearly I have a new thread to catch up on, but before I do that one would like to thank you for sharing all this with us VL: I’m not very good with technological diagrams myself, but that makes me admire your ability to put such things together all the more.

Regarding the insignia plates (which I feel slightly better-qualified to offer an opinion on), I like the way you’ve handled the Army insignia - especially in making good the CSAs lack of insignia for the specific grades of General - though I’m inclined to quibble a bit over the choice of branch colours (I would have suggested sticking with the green used during the Civil War for the medical branch - which would let you use black for the militia, as a nod to State Regiments of the Civil War using black in place of the more proper Infantry branch colour* and would also let you use grey as the branch colour for the Air Corps.**

For a while now I have imagined Timeline-191 CS Army uniforms placing rank insignia at the cuffs, rather than the collar (at least at the time of the Great War) as a nod to the British and French Armies doing likewise: In this mental image only Confederate generals would keep the lacing on their sleeves and rank insignia on their collar (with field officers, NCOs and private soldiers wearing either national or state insignia at the collar - the latter usually state initials like ‘VA’ or ‘SC’ or ‘TX’ and the regular army using something more elaborate).

Note that this applies only to field uniforms: dress uniforms would likely be more elaborate (though I’m not sure if the T-191 CS Army would retain grey for Full Dress: I’m tempted to imagine that the mark of Full Dress would be coloured, rather than plain butternut, kepis).

Oh, and I’m a little bit wedded to the notion that rank chevrons for Southern NCOs point in the opposite direction to those seen on US army types (As a small, telling detail).

*I’ve been tempted to show the CSA use black-on-butternut insignia for NCO uniforms during and after the Great War in consequence, though that might be a little too high-contrast.

**Since I imagine the CS Navy would contribute a considerable number of aviators to various battlefronts, making the Air Corps branch colour grey on butternut would be a nice nod to the ‘mongrel’ character of various squadrons.

If I ever find the right references I really do want to work out badges for the various technical specialities and merit badges so important to any armed service (Helping one tell the sharpshooters from the electricians from the gunners): I might even be able to do that for the navy, since I stumbled onto a book with the insignia of the several navies engaged in the Second World War at sea and will hopefully be able to work from that.

Thank you again for sharing your illustrations and please do keep up the Good Work!
Thanks for your feedback.

I may incorporate the chevron idea into the story if I get the chance. As I move forward I plan to shoe that CSA uniforms feture a patch with the National flag on the right arm and the State flag on the left arm.

240px-Unit_731_-_Complex.jpg

Picture of Unit 731.

One of the forgotten horrors of the Second Great War was that of Unit 731. It was opened in 1936 in Japanese-occupied Pingfang, Harbin, and Heilongjiang to engage in lethal human experimentation and biological weapons. The facility had experimented on Chinese POWs and or civilians. Examples of these experiments were animal blood, and the Black Plague put in their veins. In addition, dehydrated prisoners have discovered that the human body is 75% water.
Most of the world didn't know about Unit 731 until Chinese rebels took it in early 1990. In the years after the rebellions in its former territories, the Japanese government had apologized for the facility.

220px-Adolf_Hitlers_dental_remai.jpg

Jake Featherston's dental remains: a maxillar bridge made mostly of gold (top right) and part of a mandible broken and burnt around the alveolar process (bottom three fragments).

The Gentle Imam of Dixie: Ben Gha Brit
Kaddour_5846748964163.jpg

Abdelkader Benghabrit in 1939.
Born in French Algeria on November 1, 1868 and commonly known as Ben Gha Brit, Abdelkader Benghabrit immigrated to the CSA after the First Great War as France grew increasingly repressive of native Arab and Berber Algerians as a result of clamping down on independence movements within Algeria at the time which prompted some to flee abroad.

In 1918 he settled down in Mobile, Alabama and became the local Imam for the small Muslim community living there after the previous one had died. Throughout his time in Mobile up until the start of the Population Reduction, Imam Gha Brit and the wider Muslim community would face discrimination by the White Protestant majority of the town for their faith and their friendship with Mobile’s Black community.

During the Population Reduction, Abdelkader hid Black Confederate orphans under the Mobile Mosque and after every service in the Mosque above he and a few select others would go down to comfort and feed the children, all 76 of them, while Abdelkader told them magical and whimsical folk stories from his childhood back in Algieria and of wish granting genies (always making the genies helpful and friendly especially towards children). Unfortunately in the autumn of 1942, the Imam was found out and was arrested by the Mobile police who handed the children and Abdelkader over to local Freedom Party Guards because the Imam refused to leave the children and the Freedom Party Guards already detested him greatly.

The lead Freedom Party Guard, in a moment of sick twistedness, decided take the Muslim with the children to Camp Determination with his own words at the post-war tribunals being:

“If that nigger-loving Moslem wants be with those coon children. Fine, then he’ll die in (gas) chambers with them.”

While being led to the cattle cars at the Mobile Train Station, Abdelkader still told stories to the children to comfort them but then some members of the Muslim community stormed the train station to get their religious leader back but before the Guards could shoot them, Gha Brit said the following to his fellow Muslims:

“Leave me with the children, if I leave them then their fears will be unbearable. What type of man would I be to leave young children alone and frighten in the dark? Good bye everyone may Allah bless you all and please pray for not me but for the children and all those negroes on this train today and everyday after today!”

At those words, many of the Muslims gathered started to breakdown with some helping their Imam put the children into the cattle though it sickened them to do so, then finally letting Abdelkader willingly board the train destined to take him to his certain death. When a five year old black girl named Rebecca asked Abdelkader in the cattle car where they were going he lied to her and told her that they were going to the mystical land of Agrabah ruled over by an old friend of his – a kind funny old Sultan named Hussein the Humorous who had all kinds of exotic animals and the most delicious sweets one can possibly imagine which he would give to good little boys and girls.

Imam Abdelkader Benghabrit would die on November 12, 1942 in a gas chamber hugging five of his seventy-six children with tears streaming down their eyes – one of the camp guards who reluctantly gassed the Imam and children years later swore he could hear Abdelkader telling the children that they should not cry for soon they’d be in Agrabah playing with cute tiger cubs, baby elephants, and eating all the sweets the sultan could give them.

To this day November 12 is known as “Benghabrit Day”, a full day of remembrance in which the African-American community honours the Imam from Mobile who tried to save 76 black children and when he couldn’t he did everything he could to comfort them. Starting in the 1970s, several schools, streets, and churches in majority black areas throughout the United States bear Abdelkader’s name.

ht0002289_hires_atwgsl.jpg

The train that took Abdelkader Benghabrit and his seventy-six black children and many others to Camp Determination on November 12, 1942.​

Last edited:
The Gentle Imam of Dixie: Ben Gha Brit

Kaddour_5846748964163.jpg

Abdelkader Benghabrit in 1939.
Born in French Algeria on November 1, 1868 and commonly known as Ben Gha Brit, Abdelkader Benghabrit immigrated to the CSA after the First Great War as France grew increasingly repressive of native Arab and Berber Algerians as a result of clamping down on independence movements within Algeria at the time which prompted some to flee abroad.

In 1918 he settled down in Mobile, Alabama and became the local Imam for the small Muslim community living there after the previous one had died. Throughout his time in Mobile up until the start of the Population Reduction, Imam Gha Brit and wider Muslim community would face discrimination by the White Protestant majority of the town for their faith and their friendship with Mobile’s Black community.

During the Population Reduction, Abdelkader hid Black Confederate orphans under the Mobile Mosque and after every service in the Mosque above he and few select others would go down to comfort and feed the children, all 76 of them, while Abdelkader told them magical and whimsical stories from his childhood back in Algieria and of wish granting genies (always making the genies helpful and friendly especially towards children). Unfortunately in the Summer of 1941, the Imam was found out and was arrested by the Mobile police who handed the children and Abdelkader over to local Freedom Party Guards because the Imam refused to leave the children and the Freedom Party Guards already detested him greatly.

The lead Freedom Party Guard, in a moment of sick twistedness, decided take the Muslim with the children to Camp Determination with his own words at the post-war tribunals being:

“That nigger-loving Moslem wanted be with those coon children. Fine, then he’ll die in (gas) chambers with them.”

While being led to the cattle cars at the Mobile Train Station, Abdelkader still told stories to the children to comfort them but then some members of the Muslim community stormed the train station to get their religious leader back but before the Guards could shoot them, Gha Brit said the following to his fellow Muslims:

“Leave me with the children, if I leave them then their fears will be unbearable. What type of man would I be to leave young children alone and frighten in the dark? Good bye everyone may Allah bless you all and please pray for not me but for the children and all those on this train today and everyday after today!”

At those words, many of the Muslims gathered started to break and let their Imam willingly board the train destined to take him to his certain death. When a five year old black girl named Rebecca asked Abdelkader where they were going he lied to her and told her that they were going to the mystical land of Agrabah ruled over by an old friend of his - a kind funny old Sultan named Hussein the Humorous who has all kinds of exotic animals and most delicious sweets one can possibly imagine which give good little boys and girls.

Imam Abdelkader Benghabrit would die on June 12, 1941 in a gas chamber hugging five of his seventy-six children with tears streaming down their eyes – one of the camp guards who reluctantly gassed the Imam and children years later swore he could hear Abdelkader telling the children that they should not cry for soon they’d be in Agrabah playing with cute tiger cubs, baby elephants, and eating all the sweets the sultan could give them.

To this day the June 12 is known as “Benghabrit Day”, a full day of remembrance in which the African-American community honours the Imam from Mobile who tried to save 76 black children and when he couldn’t he did everything he could to comfort them. Starting the 1970s, several schools, streets, and churches in majority black areas throughout the United States bare Abdelkader’s name.

ht0002289_hires_atwgsl.jpg

The train that took Abdelkader Benghabrit and his seventy-six black children and many others to Camp Determination on June 12, 1941.​
This is an interesting take on tl-191 Benghabrit, but I hate to nitpick, but gas chambers weren't used until after 1941, and I believe Camp Determination was under construction by this point.

This is an interesting take on tl-191 Benghabrit, but I hate to nitpick, but gas chambers weren't used until after 1941, and I believe Camp Determination was under construction by this point.
I’ll change the year to 1942 and have the month be November. Sound good?

Last edited: