Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

View attachment 818678
Irving Morrell Airport, Yerevan, Armenia.

After gaining independence from the Ottoman Empire, old Ottoman airports were renamed. Due to his opposition to the Armenian Genocide and support of the independence movements across the Ottoman Empire, including in Armenia, before he died in 1976, the Ottoman Zvartnots Airport was renamed the Irving Morrell Airport in 1979.
Would Irving be alive until the 1970s and also did he become President?

Would Irving be alive until the 1970s and also did he become President?
Yes, he did become President and was President of the United States from 1953-1961. Him being alive into the 1970s was based on a line in the interwar books for him saying he didn't imagine himself living past the 70s.

300px-Mass_demonstration_in_Iran.jpg

Picture of a mass demonstration at College Bridge, Tehran.

In 1979, inspired by the revolutions against the Ottoman Empire, a massive and mostly peaceful revolution occurred in Persia (renamed Iran in 1980) against the Pahlavi dynasty occurred. The dynasty was overthrown and replaced with a democratic nation with the first free, and fair elections with a system akin to the US (with the expectation of no electoral college) were held in 1980.

Last edited:
It might be possible Mikhail changed his mind between the Russian Revolution and when Nick died. I still don't like how Harry didn't explain what happened to Nick's son (granted, he had health issues growing up, which was why Rasputin grew close with the Tsars, but like still).
Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but can I just point out that Harry never explained how the Whites won the Russian Civil War? Yeah, I can believe Mosley and Action Française taking power but the Whites, no. Yeah, true butterfly effect and all, but the Whites had no uniting ideology, which was partly why they lost in OTL. I guess Harry didn't want to see Stalin working together with a fascist Britain and France.
I’m curious to know how Nicholas II could have died of natural causes. I always figured Russia’s history is more or less the same as OTL until 1917, since I take into account the Bolsheviks losing.

Most, if not all of us, have ranted about some of the series’ weaknesses. Mine would probably be Italy being neutral in both wars.

Perhaps I should make a list about it…

Last edited:
I’m curious to know how Nicholas II could have died of natural causes. I always figured Russia’s history is more or less the same as OTL until 1917, since I take into account the Bolsheviks losing.
Well I don’t know if not all the same but you right in the money for that, Allochronian
Most, if not all of us, have ranted about some of the series’ weaknesses. Mine would probably be Italy being neutral in both wars.
My personal biggest grape is how Texas is so easily forgiven after hosting the two biggest death factories that ever constructed by the freedom party as well as being to their supporter of them.

Hell if we want to have a State that to separate with the CSA and the freedom party is have to be Louisiana

Was on books mentioned what did happen to Lenin? I think that Lenin might had died earlier even due assassination or some of his pre-death stroke which would had damaged Bolsheviks.

Was on books mentioned what did happen to Lenin? I think that Lenin might had died earlier even due assassination or some of his pre-death stroke which would had damaged Bolsheviks.
Honestly I don’t really know like only reference about him was his co-conspirators, Stalin at Tsaritsyn during the Russian civil war so he highly dead by the end of the war.

Also guys we finally did it we reach over 300 pages over the course of 12 years in the making

Yeah, to sum it in my view, the Romanovs are rescued from Yekaterinburg by the attempt to do so that never occurred ITTL, with help from the Germans since they're the winners in GW1 and in a better position to do so. They'd very likely foil the plot to kill Michael in nearby Perm, as his wife Natalia Brasova and son George actually had been rescued with German assistance after the fact. Tsar Nicholas would've died a natural death sometime in the early 1930s, leaving the throne to his brother Michael as his son Alexis would have died as a result of his hemophilia, as Turtledove would like to imply in a case of "show and don't tell". After Michael's own death ITTL, the throne would not've gone to his son George as Natalia was of minor rank; thus, the title of Tsar would instead go to his nephew Vladimir Kirillovich, ruling until he dies or is overthrown. Another interpretation that is offered by David bar Elias is that Michael is succeeded by his ATL son who rules as Alexander IV, who probably exists because he either divorced Natalia and married a woman of acceptable rank, or he chooses another woman over Natalia ITTL.
--
And indeed, congrats to all here making it to 300 pages! 🥳 🎉 🎊

Perhaps I should make a list about it…
What does change majorly for Russia ITTL is the Hispano-Japanese War, which would mean they would have to give up their concessions in Manchuria and Korea peacefully. That would also mean no Revolution of 1905 as we know, though it would still happen later due to rapid industrialization and increasing economic and wealth inequality.

Petrograd would have the potential casualties of highly hundreds of thousands Russian civilians were killed by the German bombs as well as aftermath from many other victims who will be effected by nuclear radiation caused by the blast.

But besides the Horror of Petersburg radiation ☢️, the city would be better off without the Nazis army ensiege that left an Million Soviet Man, women and children dead within 2 year as well as getting rid of czarist oligarchs by the blast.

I wouldn't surprise that the Czar Russia will either overthrow by Republican coup or just collapse by it own weight within a few years or so after the failed of two wars by the German twice times in 20 years.

St Petersburg wouldn’t be the capital for Russia for a long time and would highly have Moscow to be the capital instead

Honestly yes, of course because it more realistic to more people from OTL doesn’t existed and replaced with someone

Tsar Mikhail II and his PM would highly have Mass organized units like Black Hundreds militias and Okharna purge any "Maloross bandits" and "Gans sympathizers" across of czarist territory in during SGW. The main victims of these massacres are obviously the Jews but I wouldn’t be surprised they started targeting ethnic germans communities horribly with harassment, mistreatment and discrimination to even deportation.

The Mass killing of Jews would be European version of the Population Reduction down in the South in the SGW

It was a wonderful post and I hope that am be able to be as good as him soon. Allochronian and SM are my inspiration to make better posts on this thread

St Petersburg will be the Hiroshima of Europe

Also do you still going to do the project of the Superbomb soon?
If St Petersburg was the TL-191 of Hiroshima then whos going to been the TL-191 version of Nagasaki.

Paris at least works as equalement of Paris since it enforced France to surrend. I am not sure which nuke ended Churchill's government and enforced Brits to sue peace.

Hamburg perhaps is somehow comparable to V2 attakcs but not perfectly. Nukings were bit different things as in OTL so I don't think that we can draw very clear comparisons.

330px-Interior_view_of_the_destr.jpg

Picture of a destroyed black-owned Church in Richmond, November 1938, during the Night of Broken Glass.

"For the first time, I am ashamed to be a Confederate."- Former President Gaberial Semmes, 1938.

View attachment 818842
Picture of a destroyed black-owned Church in Richmond, November 1938, during the Night of Broken Glass.
Highly be more bloody and even more persecuted than ever in the South
"For the first time, I am ashamed to be a Confederate."- Former President Gaberial Semmes, 1938.
Unlike with Kaiser Wilhelm, they would not be as tolerant with the Black people unlike with the German Jews because the South have a lot of White led massacre on black communities during the Jim Crow era

Highly be more bloody and even more persecuted than ever in the South

Unlike with Kaiser Wilhelm, they would not be as tolerant with the Black people unlike with the German Jews because the South have a lot of White led massacre on black communities during the Jim Crow era
I referenced Wilhelm's quote after Kristallnacht: "For the first time, I am ashamed to be German."

sl005-picture-04_1280_1280_fit_9.jpg

Picture of German troops withdrawing from Paris following the city's rebuilding in 1948 and the creation of the (German-backed) Fourth French Republic.