Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

East Tennessee Uprising pt 2

Sevierville and Johnson City Tennessee were taken with relative ease by the rebels. Partisans came from the woods and citizens joining in the fight. Knoxville was a tougher egg to crack tho and heavy fighting centered around the University of Tennessee and especially the area surrounding the football field. A mix of mountain guerrillas, Great War Veterans who had been conscripted out of desperation, and university students eventually took control of the university campus and most of the city center. Pleas for aide from the US , thankfully due to Knoxvilles relative close location to the front , did not go unheeded. A column of US soldiers led by Brigadier General Robert Neyland ( originally of the Air Force but had been made an army general during the fighting in Ohio to fill a vacancy ) broke what little Confederate resistance was left in the city. His command staff met with the rebel leaders ( a city council member, a man who claimed to be the direct relative of Davy Crockett, and the student body president of the University) in the bombed out ruins of the football stadium and declared

“Loyal sons and daughters of the United States, we have heard your call! And by my word you will never be abandoned again!”

the rebels then rose the Stars and Stripes that had been hidden since the war of secession and rejoiced for their liberation was finally at hand

Up next : Chattanooga Rising , Liberation of A Death Camp , and reprisals against the Freedom Party

( also apologies if my writing comes off as amateurish , because it is and I’m writing this at work on the toilet… where all good writers write)

since i've watched the Escape of from Sobibor did they have a TL-191 of Sobibor Uprising when Confederate Citizens been accused of Treason US Army POWS and African Americans been launched a prison riot and escape from a Confederate Concentration Camp till the Confederates ordered that the camp been destroyed and demolished then planted with trees to prevent from knowing that camps existence.

That’s what I was kinda thinking. Either East Tennessee gets statehood as a pat on the back reward or all the power is focused there. They won’t be under marshal law , can vote etc. I made a previous post way back about the East Tennessee Civil Defense For d which the US occupation uses as enforcers , so maybe that’s the price for statehood

however I doubt the jingoistic US would deny a group of people who are begging to come home
I think what’s more likely is East Tennessee is exempted from the indefinite martial law in the western half and the rest of the South, but other than that remains one state

@HueyLongsUnderwear , I really love your East Tennessean posts. As someone born in Old Miss, but have grew up in ET, I do love the Uprising in East Tennessee and much of the state remain Unionists.

I could see Franklin or Appalachia becoming a WV type state

That’s what I was kinda thinking. Either East Tennessee gets statehood as a pat on the back reward or all the power is focused there. They won’t be under marshal law , can vote etc. I made a previous post way back about the East Tennessee Civil Defense For d which the US occupation uses as enforcers , so maybe that’s the price for statehood

however I doubt the jingoistic US would deny a group of people who are begging to come home

One way of East Tennessee becoming it own state is also adding Northen Alabama, or Western North Carolina, both also being Unionist Strongholds. (See Christopher Sheats and Winston County.)

Or something like lifting up these Unionist strongholds as other new states to help keep the former CSA down.

had forgotten I made that.

View attachment 601456

399CD932-CA78-4FF6-AF18-118C2C16C4E4.jpeg
A fringe group of protestors seeking the restoration of the 2nd Amendment, which was repealed during the Remembrance Era.

I don't think it was repealed since there were partisans that operated in CSA-occupied territory.

IN other hand on both Great Wars USA suffered from Mormon insurgency and during GWE2 there was massive Canadian uprising. And probably postGW2 America saw more of Canadian and Confederate insurgency. Repling of 2nd Amendment would make easier to put gun restriction and so making rebels getting guns more difficult.

IN other hand on both Great Wars USA suffered from Mormon insurgency and during GWE2 there was massive Canadian uprising. And probably postGW2 America saw more of Canadian and Confederate insurgency. Repling of 2nd Amendment would make easier to put gun restriction and so making rebels getting guns more difficult.
Utah and canada were occupied territory after the Great War, and therefore would not be under the Constitution. This means that the Second Amendment would not be applicable to those living in those areas. This would also apply to the CSA after they were defeated after the Second Great War.

I think what’s more likely is East Tennessee is exempted from the indefinite martial law in the western half and the rest of the South, but other than that remains one state
That’s what I’m leaning towards. Basically for the foreseeable future the political power in the state is gonna be in the East and they’ll be taking every opportunity to thumb their noses at the rest of it

That’s what I’m leaning towards. Basically for the foreseeable future the political power in the state is gonna be in the East and they’ll be taking every opportunity to thumb their noses at the rest of it
Wierdly enough, Tennessee is one of the few states in the Union where its state constitution actually forces some level of balance between the parts of the state.

View attachment 716935A fringe group of protestors seeking the restoration of the 2nd Amendment, which was repealed during the Remembrance Era.
It wouldn't have been repealed, the modern interpretation that it grants a universal right to gun ownership came about in the 20th century iirc, and that simply wouldn't happen in TL-191 due to the political climate of the Remembrancist United States.
I don't think it was repealed since there were partisans that operated in CSA-occupied territory.
That has very little connection to whether arms are legal. Partisans could get their hands on such military surplus whether its their right to bear arms or not.
Again, they wouldn't need to. The court would already be interpreting it in a far more limited fashion. There's already a school in otl that believes the 2A only protects a collective right to bear arms. That interpretation will simply be far more entrenched.

Last edited:
Aside from being a proud East Tennesseean who’s ancestor got hung by the johnnies for burning a bridge. It fascinates and irks me to no end what happens to the substantial unionist communities in the south. East Tennessee, North Alabama, Jones County and the Texas Germans for instance
"Johnnies" = "Johnny Rebs", I suppose? Well done your ancestor.

That has very little connection to whether arms are legal. Partisans could get their hands on such military surplus whether its their right to bear arms or not.
I always figured that the partisans were more active due to the geopolitical climate that North America was in, with the USA surrounded by hostile nations, it made sense that the Second Amendment would not be repealed.

Yep! As far as we can tell from our research he didn’t actually burn a bridge but who knows lol
well "existing while black/anti-slavery" was a capital sin as far as the Confederates were concerned so i wouldn't be surprised if they murdered him for shits and giggles--they did plenty of that over the course of the war already, what's one more to those cocksuckers?

I always figured that the partisans were more active due to the geopolitical climate that North America was in, with the USA surrounded by hostile nations, it made sense that the Second Amendment would not be repealed.
Pretty much.

Surplus arms are also likely to be far more readily available, with the war being fought on American soil and whatnot.

well "existing while black/anti-slavery" was a capital sin as far as the Confederates were concerned so i wouldn't be surprised if they murdered him for shits and giggles--they did plenty of that over the course of the war already, what's one more to those cocksuckers?
The joke in my family is he was “adjacent to a bridge that got burned “

East Tennessee Uprising pt 3

Chattanooga would prove to be the bloodiest front of East Tennessee’a rising. The rebel leaders knew this. It was the lynchpin to the Confederate defense of the Deep South, and as such had a garrison of Freedom Party Guards stationed there as well as Army Engineers to lay defenses down before the front reached the city proper. The rebels didn’t care tho, it was about hurting Featherstons fuckers as much as possible.

Little writing about the battle in Chattanooga exists due to the harshness of the Freedom Party clampdown but what is known is this: the rebels goals were to destroy the bridges across the Tennessee and capture or hinder the positions on Lookout Mountain, Orchard Knob, and Missionary Ridge, by any means necessary

the rising began when a rebel, in stolen freedom party uniform ran an auto bomb into the barracks of the FPG. Two of the three bridges across the Tennessee were destroyed but the high positions could not be taken. Street fighting was intense, no quarter given or asked for but the Confederates artillery on Lookout Mountain and missionary ridge made the stubborn resisters falter.

The rising itself only lasted two days but the after effects were of almost greater import. Rebels who had been able to escape to Yankee lines gave valuable intelligence about confederate positions and weaknesses of the defense. The one bridge that remained offered a choke point for the Confederates to contend with, and perhaps most valuably , the US army was welcomed as , if not liberators , as the lesser of evils , when the Confederates abandoned the city. Freedom Party diehards were turned in , and the occupation was relatively peaceful as a whole

Today , outside of city hall , a statue of a Tennessee rebel and US paratrooper shaking hands stands as a memorial to the joint sacrifice made