Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

What do you think resistance would look like in occupied Ohio and Pennsylvania?
I'd imagine that the resistance in those places would be used to attack Confederate supply dumbs, communication centers, raise heck for the occupation forces in those region as well as obtaining intelligence of the Confederate forces' next moves. In addition, I can see some cells being comprised of Union Army troops who were stranded by their enemies from friendly units.

I'd imagine that the resistance in those places would be used to attack Confederate supply dumbs, communication centers, raise heck for the occupation forces in those region as well as obtaining intelligence of the Confederate forces' next moves. In addition, I can see some cells being comprised of Union Army troops who were stranded by their enemies from friendly units.
I can definitely see a blending of the Soviet partisans and Maquis.
I would say sabotage, intelligence gathers, and the occasional assassination. There were even rumors in the books of prostitutes not getting medical treatment for VD and instead spreading it to other CSA troops.
Yep. Tom Colleton heard about it while taking leave in Columbus in Return Engagement.

so if i remember the Japanese Holdout do you think the Confederates had holdouts ala Hiroo Onoda and several Notable Japanese Soldiers been keep fighting despite the War's over. till they surrender

so if i remember the Japanese Holdout do you think the Confederates had holdouts ala Hiroo Onoda and several Notable Japanese Soldiers been keep fighting despite the War's over. till they surrender
I doubt that there would be that many CSA holdouts like the Japanese in the Pacific. The Freedom Party supporters were dedicated, but they weren't the "death before dishonor" levels of fanaticism.

I think a portion of the Guards would try to form an organised resistance-terror network, but that they would sooner or later get destroyed by the US and/or subsumed into whatever post-war groups emerge.

What historical figures in atl South would be famous scalawags/collaborators ? I’d made a previous post about the Brownlows coming back to prominence in Tennessee. One off the top of my head is Richmond Flowers . He was Alabamas attorney general and opposed George Wallace on his stance on segregation .

I can definitely see a blending of the Soviet partisans and Maquis.

Yep. Tom Colleton heard about it while taking leave in Columbus in Return Engagement.
the OSS know as Office of Strategic Services would help them through airdropped agents and weapons akin to IRL British Special Operations Executive when they dropped agents radios and weapons on Nazi Occupied France to help the French Resistance.

the OSS know as Office of Strategic Services would help them through airdropped agents and weapons akin to IRL British Special Operations Executive when they dropped agents radios and weapons on Nazi Occupied France to help the French Resistance.
I don’t know if the OSS would exist exactly as it did OTL, but other than that sounds about right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Reinhard_Heydrich 7 American OSS Agents had dropped on a Confederate Territory been linked up by Anti-Confederate Resistance and they had to Assassinate a High Ranking Freedom Guards Officer been supervised the Population Reduction been know as Operation Anthropoid when the assassins attacked the car where the High Ranking Freedom Guards Officer with guns and throwing Grenades to injure the officer but later on died of Sepsis the Confderates been saying the assassins had laced the Grenades with Boutulinum toxin would been the cause of death

OSS Agents assassinating a High Ranking Freedom Guards Party Officer in May 1942

OSS Agents been fighting the Freedom Guards Troops on a Church but the Freedom Guard Soldiers been faced heavy resistance on the church 2 OSS Agents are dead 1 of their agents been wounded but died on the wounds 4 OSS Agents been hide on the Crypt of the Church and the Freedom Guards Party had sent the Confederate Fire Brigade to flood the crypt with water as 4 remaining OSS Agents had choosed to kill themselves the reprisals of Confederate Villages been brutal either African-Americans and Confederate citizens alike

Some images of the Uprising in East Tennessee during the Confederate retreat through that state at the end of the 2GW. Due to the regions historic pro US tendencies a larger portion of the adult male population remained at home ( due to unreliability) or in hiding in the mountains. At a given signal , the entire region from Sevierville to Chattanooga erupted in rebellion. They used a mix of captured Confederate and airdropped Union material

I can provide more details if someone wants as I’m from the region and love the history !

Attachments

• 413A694F-DB1E-4598-8869-261FB66C2AF4.jpeg
    413A694F-DB1E-4598-8869-261FB66C2AF4.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 1483EAA1-CAD8-4715-A1FD-A520449E9730.jpeg
    1483EAA1-CAD8-4715-A1FD-A520449E9730.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 113
When the United States Army crossed the state line from Kentucky. A pre arranged code word was broadcast from radio stations in Sevierville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga: “ Brownlow “. Thousands of partisans emerged from the woods, hills, and cities to rise against the Freedom Party and Confederacy. Generations of abuse at the hands of the confederate government were to be avenged. These were the descendants of the hardcore unionists who went underground after the War of Secession. Due to Confederate preoccupation elsewhere , Knoxville and Sevierville were taken fairly quickly , Chattanooga and it’s surrounding countryside , the target of the Union assault, became a war zone before they even arrived

- Taken from “Prodigal Sons: A History of Unionists behind Confederate Lines” by David Tinker

Attachments

• 053B1D64-C1A3-4784-812D-61027CA35C5B.gif
    053B1D64-C1A3-4784-812D-61027CA35C5B.gif
    67.3 KB · Views: 120
Some images of the Uprising in East Tennessee during the Confederate retreat through that state at the end of the 2GW. Due to the regions historic pro US tendencies a larger portion of the adult male population remained at home ( due to unreliability) or in hiding in the mountains. At a given signal , the entire region from Sevierville to Chattanooga erupted in rebellion. They used a mix of captured Confederate and airdropped Union material

I can provide more details if someone wants as I’m from the region and love the history !
did they had a TL-191 equivalent to Warsaw Uprising which led the Uprising been crushed and burned down Warsaw to the ground out of spite by the Nazis.

I could see Franklin or Appalachia becoming a WV type state
That’s what I was kinda thinking. Either East Tennessee gets statehood as a pat on the back reward or all the power is focused there. They won’t be under marshal law , can vote etc. I made a previous post way back about the East Tennessee Civil Defense For d which the US occupation uses as enforcers , so maybe that’s the price for statehood

however I doubt the jingoistic US would deny a group of people who are begging to come home

closest was the uprising that was in Richmond
Yeah I was kinda basing it on the Warsaw Rising. With an underground parallel state. Where as instead of being “betrayed” by the Allie’s ( the Soviets were at the end of their supply lines at the time but I’m not denying they benefited from the Home Army being crushed) but because

A.) lack of manpower for a straight up fight
B.) the CS/US blowing up thd TVA dams slowed the USA enough

Aside from being a proud East Tennesseean who’s ancestor got hung by the johnnies for burning a bridge. It fascinates and irks me to no end what happens to the substantial unionist communities in the south. East Tennessee, North Alabama, Jones County and the Texas Germans for instance

Yeah I was kinda basing it on the Warsaw Rising. With an underground parallel state. Where as instead of being “betrayed” by the Allie’s ( the Soviets were at the end of their supply lines at the time but I’m not denying they benefited from the Home Army being crushed) but because

A.) lack of manpower for a straight up fight
B.) the CS/US blowing up thd TVA dams slowed the USA enough
Jake Featherston would order to burn Richmond to the ground and reduced it into ashes and nothing will left standing after the Uprising akin to Hitler's Orders to burned down Warsaw to the Ground till nothing will left standing.