Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

So maybe it was discussed previously but in our TL , Rommel is the “good German” , which I don’t believe but let’s not discuss that lol.
Who amongst the Confederates would the US see as that equivalent? The honorable for who was just in service to a bad cause? Patton is my easy answer but hey NBF III tried to kill Featherston and idk maybe George Marshall?

So maybe it was discussed previously but in our TL , Rommel is the “good German” , which I don’t believe but let’s not discuss that lol.
Who amongst the Confederates would the US see as that equivalent? The honorable for who was just in service to a bad cause? Patton is my easy answer but hey NBF III tried to kill Featherston and idk maybe George Marshall?

Not any knowledge about actions of CSA generals but perhaps Patton. But he seems bit too obvious.

The primary issue of course being so few named Confederate Generals in Official Canon so we rely alot on Head Canon.

Brigadier General Ling is probably up there; Commander of the Army of West Texas, he was just doing a job and since the Texas campaign appears to have been waged similar to the North Africa campaign its likely Dowling had an adequate opinion of him.

George Marshall likely, depending if you believe head Canon about him (there's a posy in an another topic about his capture at Pittsburgh)

Patton is too obvious aye.

Hank Coomer no, he was specifically called out for being a strong Freedom Party man in 1920.

I have a list of a few other Confederate officers I was working on for my OrBat of the CS Army I could dig up.

Post-war, with the CSA fully defeated, the US are going vilify the CS Military just as much as being a part the Featherston regime just like the FPG was--even those "just following orders". The army are definitely not clean, and as such there would not be anything like the clean Wehrmacht myth. But they may find a few generals who chose not to deport any African-Americans and other Northern civilians south, and others who chose to spare the lives of POWs and treated US POWs well.

Since Ling operated in the area of Camp Determination, he would've well known about it and even protected it and had a hand in deportations. David's write up in 'After the End' has him being executed for being a major accessory to murder.

Last edited:
did they have a TL-191 equivalent of operation Valkyrie like a group of Confederate Army Generals had to kill Jake Featherston and the incite a coup to prevent the war from dragging on against the United States only got failed because Jake Featherston got survived and he ordered an arrest of Confederate Generals been planned the assassination attempt and got executed if theres an equivalent of Claus Von Stauffenburg when he got shot by Confederate soldiers in a firing squad Long Live United States of America before he dies

did they have a TL-191 equivalent of operation Valkyrie like a group of Confederate Army Generals had to kill Jake Featherston and the incite a coup to prevent the war from dragging on against the United States only got failed because Jake Featherston got survived and he ordered an arrest of Confederate Generals been planned the assassination attempt and got executed if theres an equivalent of Claus Von Stauffenburg when he got shot by Confederate soldiers in a firing squad Long Live United States of America before he dies
There was one lead by members of the CSA General Staff in the books, and I failed just lile the one in OTL Germany.

Rehabilitation of the Wehrmacht was far more of a Western phenomenon in OTL, so such a view is unlikely to develop in the Union IMO. A similar narrative of honourable Confederates fighting against Yankee domination might develop in powers opposed to the US, such as Japan, or maybe Germany in the event of a split however.

Both Patton and Forrest would fit well into that, the former being mostly concerned with military matters outside of the Confederate heartland and thus having little direct involvement in the Reductions even if he knows of them, and the latter because of his whole Valkyrie thing. Marshall might either be too irrelevant considering he's not CoS, or have been purged by Featherston at some point for liberal sympathies. Ling was involved in defending Determination, and Coomer was a loyal Freedomite, so they're both out.

Are there any pics of Willy Knight or the Redemption League? Always been one of my favorite parts of the timeline.
Vice President Willy Knight (F/R-TX), 1938
Knight_Photo.png

Last edited:
illustrious-iwm-a20659.jpg

The British aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious (still in her wartime camouflage) undertaking her new role of repatriating British soldiers and citizens from formerly British Nigeria, circa 1945. Following the end of the Second Great War, several surviving large British warships and transports were given the new role of bringing back home thousands of British soldiers and citizens from former British possessions in Africa, India, and the Far East.

after the failed Coup De Etat of Confederate Military Officers on the assassination of Jake Featherston as the conspirators been tried on the Confederate Court and sentencing the Confederate Military Officers who been part of the Coup been executed by Hanging and Firing Squad.

the "Clean Wehrmacht" myth was a Cold War creation to justify the awkward question of German rearmament so soon after the war, with the natural necessity that some (heck, the BULK) of the men joining the Bundeswehr in the mid-50's were probably wearing Feldgrau a decade before.

without such an equivalent scenario unfolding in North America, there really wouldn't be a need to foster such a myth.

the "Clean Wehrmacht" myth was a Cold War creation to justify the awkward question of German rearmament so soon after the war, with the natural necessity that some (heck, the BULK) of the men joining the Bundeswehr in the mid-50's were probably wearing Feldgrau a decade before.

without such an equivalent scenario unfolding in North America, there really wouldn't be a need to foster such a myth.
Depending on the postwar situation it may be plausible to extend that view to some of their European former foes.

Mexico, or at least the Mexican people, seem the most likely to be viewed sympathetically, being involved in the war mostly against their will.

I thought it was known as the Army of Kentucky?
The books never established a naming convention for the Confederate forces in occupied Ohio and Pennsylvania. The name utilized in this and the Filling the Gaps threads, however, is the Army of Kentucky.