Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

Patton's Grandmother moved to California after her husband was killed during the Civil War, so Patton himself is two generations removed from the CSA. Even if his grandmother hadn't moved his father might have during the period between the War of Secession and the Second Mexican War, before the CSA had a Pacific Coast.

and it's kind of hard to find an appropriate photo to represent a fictional person, especially one symbolizing such a significant role X) This is meant to symbolize "real" people who might have ended up serving the CSA.
Well, since her husband died in 1864 OTL, he was likely still alive since the CSA won their independence probably by 1863 since the battle that secured CSA independence was in 1862. That would explain why the Patton family would still have stayed in Virginia. If we use that as a base, we can also assume that because General Billy Mitchell was from a Northern State, whose father fought on the Northern side of the war, it is likely that his family stayed in the US. I can't see a reason why he would go south, especially being on hte losing side of a war.

For Nathan Bedord Forrest III, he was a real person. Just look it up on the turtledove wiki and wikipedia:
Nbforrest-01.jpg

and Patton was Born in California. he's still a Confederate in the books.
It's Alternative History. Loyalties can change.
Maybe, but Patton's family was originally from Virginia. Since Mitchell's father served in the Civil war on the Union side, it would probably be a good bet that his son would remain loyal. Especially, since the relationship with France, wasn't good in the timeline 191 world.

Well, since her husband died in 1864 OTL, he was likely still alive since the CSA won their independence probably by 1863 since the battle that secured CSA independence was in 1862. That would explain why the Patton family would still have stayed in Virginia. If we use that as a base, we can also assume that because General Billy Mitchell was from a Northern State, whose father fought on the Northern side of the war, it is likely that his family stayed in the US. I can't see a reason why he would go south, especially being on hte losing side of a war.

For Nathan Bedord Forrest III, he was a real person. Just look it up on the turtledove wiki and wikipedia:
Nbforrest-01.jpg
good GOD he looks even worse than i imagined from the books.

Alright, guess it's Edit time

goddammit, if he was an Air Force General ITTL like he was IRL it would solve both my present issues on Officers.

Last edited:
Good eye right there! If I were to make an analogue, it's likely there's a concentration camp complex akin to Dora-Mittelbau nearby in the mountains and hills. In addition to the FPG overseeing production, it's likely the CS Air Force will be in on it as well.
point in fact, having just re-read "In at the Death" the CSA DOES in fact use white slave laborers in their Rocket Factories in Huntsville Alabama. Cinncinatus Driver and his truck convoy are used to transport them to a hospital, and the sight of these white prisoners makes him pause to reflect on the true depths of Featherston's evil. If I was reading it right, He knew the CSA hated blacks, but it never occurred to him that such things could happen to White people too.

Last edited:
Prominent Officers of the Confederate Military, Second Great War (1941-1944)
Proposal to use the following (from my head-cannon ideas):
Roy Geiger, CSMC, Deputy Commandant for Aviation
Alexander Vandegrift, CSMC, Commandant of the Marines
--Contenders for CSMC Assistant Commandant:
Charles D. Barrett (born Kentucky though; could go either way)
Ralph S. Keyser
Holland Smith

Fyi, some of the images are missing on the OP.

In addition to your first post on Puller, would you propose/agree to have him as the Governor General of Occupied Haiti (my head-canon idea derived from it).

chesty_4_cropped.jpg

Samuel "Chesty" Puller, CS Marine Corps, seen in Bermuda, 1941​

MaxGerke01

Banned
The state you were born in was probably the state you lived in for the rest of you life and since ittl those states were in different countries this was probably true more often ittl.In a case like Woodrow Wilson who was born in Virginia but made his early name in New Jersey OTL. But ittl he likely stayed in Virginia. That said however its very possible that people who lived in the USA and had been born there OTL with Southern roots might have been more likely to return to the CSA by themselves or with their families ittl-especially after CSA military victories over the USA so you probably had a fairy big influx of white Americans with Southern roots immigrating back to the CSA after the War of Secession, the Second Mexican War ,the Confederate-Spanish War,pre Great War and during the pre Second Great War Freedomite era....

In addition to your first post on Puller, would you propose/agree to have him as the Governor General of Occupied Haiti (my head-canon idea derived from it).
Up until things go south for the CSA following Morrell's drive into Tennessee and Georgia, i don't see why he wouldn't stay on in Haiti.

Hello everyone. I'm new here but I've been going on here for years now.
For my first post, it's mentioned--or at least implied--in the books and on this thread that Ukraine is a German-backed kingdom. While there is another post on this from a while back, I don't think Ukraine would be a monarchy ITTL per se, but definitely a Central Powers-backed dictatorship. I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned Pavlo Skoropadskyi on any TL-191 related thread I've seen.
View attachment 614224
Skoropadskyi was the Hetman of Ukraine briefly in 1918 during the Ukranian War of Independence. He had previously served with the Imperial Russian Army as a Cossack cavalry commander and belonged to a noble family, which included descendance from Hetman of the Zaporizhian Host Ivan Skoropadskyi. In OTL, Skoropadksyi was installed as the Hetman of Ukraine after the CP overthrew the Ukrainian People's Republic in April 1918 with a conservative leaning government in order for the CP to stabilize the country and for the CP to gain their concessions from Ukraine. This period is known as the Ukrainian State, or the Hetmanate. Ukraine stabilized for some time and cooperated with the CP under Skoropadskyi, but his rule was an uneasy one and he wasn't popular among most Ukrainians. After the defeat of the Central Powers in November, the writing was on the wall for him and he resigned the next month and lived the rest of his life in exile in Germany, later dying of wounds sustained in a bombing during WWII. After Skoropadskyi was deposed, the Directorate under Symon Petliura took over and revived the UPR.

With the Central Powers winning ITTL and Ukraine retaining independence, I'm planning on making an in-universe bio on him eventually that goes over his service, his installation into power, and his rule overall. I'm definitely going to borrow from other posts and threads to piece this together and make it a worthy read--as well as my own head-cannon ideas. Other details I'm definitely considering adding is Ukraine assisting the CP in defeating the Bolsheviks, dealing with further rebellions, settling treaties and diplomacy with Ukraine's neighbors (e.g. territorial claims, ethnic tensions, and concessions), as well as going over the Interwar period, GW2, and the post-war period of his rule. Feel free to send me/suggest to me any workable ideas before posting.
I don't think this was ever addressed; its likely a minor German Prince was installed as the King of the Ukraine with your guy serving as the true dictator of Ukraine until its uprising in 41/42.

ec6bc22d1c3769c144b7158e1880755f.jpg

Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest III, Chief of the CSA General Staff, seen with his Wife in 1939

George_S._Patton_33.jpg

George S. Patton, Commander, Army of Kentucky, seen in Alabama shortly before his final surrender, 1944

View attachment 614775
Gen. Matthew Ridgeway, Army of Tennessee, Seen in the Fighting in Pittsburgh

View attachment 614973
uCwPSN_a51K_WgjfJl-W-ddNaVMTy7eKNGGEn9ese8tIa88PzUKWuXBrLgJaU2Wj9NVWN81IfjTRFVwoFSnUD9Qrywca4036Y0Zhdels1mYzknp2ypu8Av-v9D1RBHhHLpI

Last Photo of Brigadier Gen. Claudius Easley, Army of Georgia, killed in South Carolina the day of the Confederate Surrender.

View attachment 614972
PMr4M-6IIWUju4RVXeWLrPkgyMTZlIczdcyNV0MINCU6Xpn_W8i87rDUNqpCczoEvjpDZinXhEuygiSizvWwbmpTQNGBsgKbX96KPvEcgXD3fN5FZuNbKXD4rhEc2Z1AKLpcejhiTUJjQLUsrR_PRpDesa7gPvXqCRwNohLUA1zzZcNEZuAAGnNQgE0e

Brigadier Gen. Charles L. Keerans Jr, Army of Georgia, killed by Friendly Fire outside Atlanta in 1943.

chesty_4_cropped.jpg

Samuel "Chesty" Puller, CS Marine Corps, seen in Bermuda, 1941

2b3c037b7e242e12945ee5e5dac44d56.jpg

General Simon Bolivar Buckner Jr, CSMC, seen in Haiti in 1942.

Chester_Nimitz_as_CNO_%28cropped%29.jpg

Admiral Chester Nimitz, CNO, Confederate States Navy

View attachment 614776
Admiral Richard Byrd, Commander, CSN Carribean Fleet Operations

800px-NH_50266_Rear_Admiral_Husband_E._Kimmel%2C_USN%2C_Commander%2C_Cruiser_Division_Seven_%28COMCRUDIV_7%29.jpg

Admiral Husband Kimmel, Commander, Atlantic Fleet Operations, CSN

LTG_Ira_Eaker.jpg

Gen. Ira Eaker, Chief of Air Operations, Confederate Air Force

William_Lendrum_Mitchell_%28full_shot%29.jpg

Pre-War Photo of Gen. Billy Mitchell, the "Father" of the Confederate Air Force, seen in a "Confederate Citrus Company" "Security Staff" uniform, 1937.​
Love this; the only thing I'll note is there were no full Generals after General JEB Stuart Jr. purged; I think similar to Hitler how after Stalingrad he never promoted another officer to Field Marshal, I feel Featherson never promoted an Officer to full General. Nathan Bedford Forrest III was mentioned as having been a Lieutenant General the entirety of his tenure as Chief of the Confederate General Staff; Featherson likely never promoted an Officer to full General throughout his Presidency so there would be no single General could conceivably challenge him, he kept a bunch of Lt. Gens (Forrestt, Coomer, Patton likely when he was made the commanding officer of the Army of Kentucky during Coalscuttle). Even the officer that replaced Forrestt (Willard) was a Lieutenant General. Similarly I note there were no Freedom Party Guards above Group Leaders (Gruppenfürher) so there were no Senior Group Leaders or anything (Attorney General was likely as close to Reichführer is likely we would ever see)

As we see senior Confederate Officers can we think of anyone RL that could have been like q Sepp Dietrich (the senior FPG field officer)

I'm also going to do a work up on Field Freedom Party Guare units in the very immediate future (likely tonight)

You could say that. But maybe immigration levels from the UK (except Ireland) might stay the same ITTL--except in times of war, obviously. Hell, Bob Hope makes an appearance and he emigrated from England with his family when he was a kid.
Possible, but it was mentioned in the books that they only saw the CSA as a counter to the US and an ally of convenience. I doubt that we would see large levels of immigration like OTL

Last edited:
You're right, it isn't. I chose Skoropadskyi because it's what came close to happening IRL and what I think would be most plausible ITTL.
I don't think this was ever addressed; its likely a minor German Prince was installed as the King of the Ukraine with your guy serving as the true dictator of Ukraine until its uprising in 41/42.

You're right, it isn't. I chose Skoropadskyi because it's what came close to happening IRL and what I think would be most plausible ITTL.
Without doubt, my head canon was that Kaiser Wilhelm used Poland and Ukraine as a way to get rid of two particularly Ambitious Princes and putting them else where, ans installing them as King/De-Jure Governor Generals of their respective Kingdoms, while installing local strongman/commanders as the true powers in their nations

Yeah definitely Poland will become a Central Powers-backed monarchy like they were supposed to IOTL.
Without doubt, my head canon was that Kaiser Wilhelm used Poland and Ukraine as a way to get rid of two particularly Ambitious Princes and putting them else where, ans installing them as King/De-jure Governor Generals of their respective Kingdoms, while installing local strongman/commanders as the true powers in their nations

My idea for the highest FPG rank would be "National (Chief) Leader" or something in that vein. A better name in my opinion for Field FPG would Armed-FPG since it's based on the translation for Waffen-SS. For addition higher ranks, we could go with Higher Group Leader and Chief/Supreme Group Leader.
Love this; the only thing I'll note is there were no full Generals after General JEB Stuart Jr. purged; I think similar to Hitler how after Stalingrad he never promoted another officer to Field Marshal, I feel Featherson never promoted an Officer to full General. Nathan Bedford Forrest III was mentioned as having been a Lieutenant General the entirety of his tenure as Chief of the Confederate General Staff; Featherson likely never promoted an Officer to full General throughout his Presidency so there would be no single General could conceivably challenge him, he kept a bunch of Lt. Gens (Forrestt, Coomer, Patton likely when he was made the commanding officer of the Army of Kentucky during Coalscuttle). Even the officer that replaced Forrestt (Willard) was a Lieutenant General. Similarly I note there were no Freedom Party Guards above Group Leaders (Gruppenfürher) so there were no Senior Group Leaders or anything (Attorney General was likely as close to Reichführer is likely we would ever see)

As we see senior Confederate Officers can we think of anyone RL that could have been like q Sepp Dietrich (the senior FPG field officer)

I'm also going to do a work up on Field Freedom Party Guare units in the very immediate future (likely tonight)

My idea for the highest FPG rank would be "National (Chief) Leader" or something in that vein. A better name in my opinion for Field FPG would Armed-FPG since it's based on the translation for Waffen-SS. For addition higher ranks, we could go with Higher Group Leader and Chief/Supreme Group Leader.
Aye, I was going with Senior Group Leader for the one above Group Leader because thr rough translation from Overst is both Colonel and Senior.

So the upper ranks would be, in order (in my head canon lol)

Brigade Leader - Brigadier General (which fun fact means the commander of thr Army of West Texas was actually outrank by Jefferson Pinkard after he was promoted to Group Leader)
Group Leader - Major General
Senior Group Leader - Lieutenant General
Supreme/National Freedom Leader - General

I didn't add in a five star because I'm Timeline 191, thr Americans and Confederate never made a five star rank, likely because they weren't worried about outranking their European allies that weren't in the American theater

Speaking of Guard Units...
dd5vat7-add57be5-59c3-4845-ab99-8f3feba9d999.png

Please note: this is old and due for an update.