Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

is Alaska still part of Russia or has it been taken by the United States by now?

I don't know who you're asking, but I view Alaska as being cut off from Russia due to Japanese conquest of some parts of the Far East and becoming its own nation with a Romanov influence.

(My own take of alternative history within TL-191, this time around the Bull Moose.)

Interesting story.

I remember awhile ago someone was arguing how illogical it was for Roosevelt to not win a third term.

Regardless, I resolved this by including a change in my own head canon from the original story: Roosevelt dies in 1919, McKenna becomes President, but lacks the charisma and reputation to win his own term against Sinclair.

CONFEDERADOS

Nice to see this obscure part of history get mentioned.

I like your version, in general. I may have done a few changes here and there, but it's a great start.

Another missed opportunity by Dr. Turtledove.

Adolf-Eichmann-court-counts-Jerusalem-war-crimes-1961.jpg

Zachary Foster Burke, a former Freedom Party Guard and minor administrator at Camp Dependable during the Second Great War and the Population Reduction on trial in 1962.
As the end of the war approached and the Yankees got closer to the camps, Burke and other Freedom Party Guards fled Texas and went their separate ways. Many fled to Brazil or other parts of South America, Burke though fled to the Second Mexican Empire – believing that the Mexican government would protect him (Burke also fled with many valuables belonging to the victims of the Population Reduction).

He was both right and wrong as the Mexican authorities only looked for and apprehended high ranking or really infamous Confederate fugitives and turned them over to the U.S. government to stand trial for their crimes against humanity. But men like Burke, who were only small cogs in the monstrous machine that was the Freedomite CSA, were able to slip past the net so to speak.

In Spring 1945, Burke settled down in the city of Orizaba, Veracruz, Mexico, fell in love and married a local woman there, started a family (all the while living under the alias of “Tyler Lynch”), and acquired a job as a foreman for the local factory. As Lynch, Burke was very well loved by the community as he was a fair foreman and was very good with the children of the town, often appearing at many birthday parties and quinceañera and showing the celebrated child or children with expensive gifts (and took on many customs and traditions of Mexican society even converting to Roman Catholicism). Though the townspeople, and his family, always found it odd that Lynch never joined them in celebrating Día de Muertos. When Lynch’s wife asked him about why he abstained from the holiday, he said, “Celebrating the dead brings up too many bad memories of comrades lost in the war”. For you see Lynch had disclosed to the people of Orizaba that he had be a sergeant in the Confederate Army during the Second Great War, having stolen the uniform of a fallen Confederate soldier as he made his way from Texas to Mexico, this soldier’s name being Tyler Lynch.

Throughout the remainder of the 1940s all the way up to early 1960s, Burke lived a quiet and peaceful life. On the night of August 9, 1962, Burke was home in his study enjoying a glass of Mexican whiskey when reporters and camera crews from Mexico’s state-run news service descended on his quiet home, being tipped off by the concerned father of a child who had snuck in a seen Freedomite memorabilia, and more importantly his Freedom Party Guard uniform, in one of Burke’s rooms (this room being secret and Burke not letting anyone see what was inside).

3cbfc6053915d05008f30acd50a1bc63.jpg

Burke’s house in 2019, some of his descendants still live there.​

It seemed that Burke’s past had finally caught up with him. As he attempted to flee, the former Freedom Party Guardsman was arrested by Mexican police and transported to Mexico City to stand trial for his crimes. During the proceeding, when survivors of the Population Reduction were brought in to testify, Burke remained calm and collected but when the witnesses started to detail their experiences — with some of them breaking down — he laughed cruelly and hysterically. The judge having to stop the proceeding many times to tell him to stop and that it wasn’t funny.

In the end, Zachary Foster Burke would be sentenced to death by hanging, he was only 56 years old.

eichmann.jpg

Zachary Foster Burke in 1949.​

This is, perhaps, one of the greatest extra details to TL-191 you have written so far, Alpha-King98760.

You may not have known this, but Veracruz is a state of Mexico where there is a historical Afro-Mexican population. Unless he only hangs out with the White/Mestizo elite, I can imagine him being shocked and uncomfortable being surrounded by a group of people who remind him of those he helped be murdered.

+1000 points to you for creativity and for letting the Mexican Empire still exist, along with the trial occurring in Mexico as a sign of diplomatic solidarity with the USA. :)

Interesting story.

I remember awhile ago someone was arguing how illogical it was for Roosevelt to not win a third term.

Regardless, I resolved this by including a change in my own head canon from the original story: Roosevelt dies in 1919, McKenna becomes President, but lacks the charisma and reputation to win his own term against Sinclair.

Just something off the top of my head, and my general love for Teddy Roosevelt, and so on. He was simply one of those larger than life people you don't get very often, and even unless likely to come again anytime soon. Even after he left the White House, he was treated by both many Americans and overseas as still being the President. (Or as one reporter said in OTL 'You have to wringer out the personality from you cloths' when meeting Teddy. )

I can see that, and it makes more sense than Rossovlet not taking reelection serious, or the people not wanting him for four more years.

I don't know who you're asking, but I view Alaska as being cut off from Russia due to Japanese conquest of some parts of the Far East and becoming its own nation with a Romanov influence.

Interesting story.

Nice to see this obscure part of history get mentioned.

I like your version, in general. I may have done a few changes here and there, but it's a great start.

Another missed opportunity by Dr. Turtledove.

This is, perhaps, one of the greatest extra details to TL-191 you have written so far, Alpha-King98760.

You may not have known this, but Veracruz is a state of Mexico where there is a historical Afro-Mexican population. Unless he only hangs out with the White/Mestizo elite, I can imagine him being shocked and uncomfortable being surrounded by a group of people who remind him of those he helped be murdered.

+1000 points to you for creativity and for letting the Mexican Empire still exist, along with the trial occurring in Mexico as a sign of diplomatic solidarity with the USA. :)
Thank you very kindly. Though I didn’t know about the Afro-Mexicans. Perhaps I’ll add something pertaining to that in.

7wpdcoznwtd21.jpg

(Ignore that subtitle below) German Mittelafrikan Askari soldier in Mittelafrika against British forces.
qyYYOhi.jpg

German infantry later war in the Eastern Front Against Russia, notable for their camo, a recent innovation of the time.
ZiF3.jpg

German Heer in Mittelafrika, shortly post war during a exercise having a drink, the Native Askari's adopted the same pattern shown here.
Horten_H_XVIII.jpg

60s era German Horton flying wing, largely regarded as proto stealth in the modern day, yet that wasn't actually what was in mind by the engineers.
TL-191 is a German world in many ways, alongside co power United States. Germany is the big cop, you don't have to like him TTL, but much like OTL United States , if you misbehave or act too much like those fascists you will get a bit of a slap. Naturally sometimes that is used as a pretext for coups in all honesty...

Book cover for "Fortress Americana, the Germano Japanese Confederate War"
220px-Army_of_the_Trans-Mississippi_Flag.svg.png

(credit to @CalBear)
This TL's premise is a Confederate Victory in America, with a much reduced American puppet state, Fascist Canada (largely a continuation of British fascims) as well as its Mexican ally, facing off a Germano Japanese invasion force. The book gets into the truly nasty confederate plans, will multiple their already horrid attrocities. Though it has been criticized by many for "having a German Japanese monopoly" in the A4 (Germany, Japan, Ukraine, and and Ottoman Empire) and leaving out allied Mittelafrika on the spoils (though its s a nuclear power, sort of like India in the original timeline.) To counter this, the author reiterates he doesn't ENDROSE the A4, and while it hasn't exactly stopped the trolls from coming in, it remains a very popular timeline.
(Note - this wouldn't be a direct copy, for example, the confederates are simply unable to secure the loyalty of the US puppet that the nazis in Calbears timeline did out of France of Belgium for obvious reasons, though Canada is a different story...)
The post war world features a completely balkanized confederacy that is effectively in a pre industrial state nonetheless (not being given to America for fear of the "confederate virus" infecting the Union.)

The A4 will "cancel" troublesome powers, via orbital bombardment. Naturally, given the gneocides of many people, the confederate remnant states is essentially a global punching bag and pariah, as shown by the recent crushing of the Virginia rising. Essentially, the A4 said "listen up, we just leveled Brunswick with an orbital nuke, but if you wanna keep it up, we are fine with letting the Yankees give you a good spanking, and let me just tell you, they will give it pretty hard given your past, they got good reason to hate you." Naturally, they gave up, return to status quo, they weren't in the mood for a Yankee rampage.

Germany, Japan, Ukraine, and the Ottoman's still dominate, though Mittelafrika is catching up in all honesty.

Last edited:
England Lives and Marches On speech
A famous speech given by the leader of the Ultranationalist British Union, Sir Oswald Mosley, in 1933.

This speech and others from Mosley were very influential to Featherston's own rhetoric. Scholars have noticed that he would sometimes paraphrase Mosley's speeches and substitute Confederate words and ideas. For example, during his Inaugural Address on March 4, 1934, the phrase "The Confederacy lives and marches on!" was found in his written notes.

tumblr_p0nfnqGCbN1rc7erjo1_400.jpg

Ukrainian late war Galacian infantry, notably from that region by his insignia, and notably late war from the camo pattern.
ddfrfv7-3dcb36f4-e348-459b-bdfe-f6911944036a.png

Post war White Ruthenian uniforms.
WaffSSBurnedcolor_001.jpeg

Late war photo of German soldier helping wounded comrade
5yufdujf.jpg

Reich Bullet Train (Side note: I figured that the Reich in this timeline would be like a very conservative OTL nordic state, as in strong welfare (descended from Bismarck's philosophy of offering more than the leftists have to offer in elections) yet strong militarist and traditional/"family values" culture.) America, while fairly German influenced I think will be fairly liberal.

ad_170100486.jpg

An image of an unexploded bomb unearthed at a construction site in Downtown Richmond, circa 2018. This bomb was one of millions of unexploded ordnance discovered throughout the United States and Europe over the past 76 years since the end of the Second Great War.

German trained and equiped Indian National Army Sikhs, notably the style and doctrine of the Heer was adopted as the brutal Fascist British colonial legacy was meant to be thrown away additionally, German aid was welcomed as Japan provided a threat as well as German industrials investing could boost the economy.
F8brEjDQVDdU9VN6PFor2-iRbGiLqMH9OledU_xhocg.jpg

A mix of Sikh and Regular Indian National Army troops, the regular having adopted the Stahlhelm. Soon camo of Mittelafrikan style (shown on one of my examples above) would be adopted.

46d05c9ef90a7d73566c7015a1ecb4ae.jpg

Last edited:
American Army shortly after Second Weltkrieg, German influence is clear (as in most armies, the really only rivaling global style/doctrine is Japanese)
formation.jpg

Though clear German influence shows, the US army dress uniforms are far less "pimped out" than their Germany counterparts, who take pride in their Prussian heritage often with extravagance. Nevertheless, the partnership is rather effective, with military co operation, shared technologies, and additionally joint exercises to deal with the Empire of Japan's threat and joint fear of any revitalized Russia.

Common American subsidized housing (America is a welfare state, takes a lot of ques from the Kaiserreich and its own Bismarckian welfare policies, though is undoubtedly more socially liberal)
norra-1.jpg

German apartment, commonly of the Bauhaus style due to the Social Democrat leadership's legacy of the time in the pre Weltkreig 2 era
bauhaus-tel-aviv-1.jpg

ggho9-7.jpg

Kalterkrieg era Horton Ho 229's in the 60s mittelafrika.
600px-Northrop_YF-23_DFRC.jpg

Modern day ME-23 stealth fighters.
ww2-german-waffen-ss-book-color_1_ff3a9a987e14bbc7a0ab0576d37ba506.jpg

Early Kalterkreig infantry gear, notably using the early STG 44 assault rifle would be replaced by the STG 3 (ATL G3). Camo was famous, introduced late weltkreig but best known as European autumn attire for German field uniform.

79f41e588fe27f602fcc5bb2fc46fae7.jpg

Kalterkreig German soldier in Mittelafrika (this one was from a German settler, most would be African). Assault rifle from this period would be STG 44 as above, later in the 60s STG 3 replacing it. However most kalterkreig Mittelafrika askaris wear tropical palmenmuster introduced soon after this camo (worn form a soldering drinking from a bowl on the previous page)

The first contingent of German soldiers marching in Oslo after arriving to stem the Entente invasion; circa February, 1942. Although many in the Norwegian Government were wary of asking the Germans for help, it was responding the outrage of the Norwegian populace who viewed the Entente invasion as a direct affront on Norwegian sovereignty.

germany.jpg

Some photos of the War on Terror (or the Canadian Insurrection (1995-Present Day)) in TL-191 (Which the War on Terror is my allegory for the Troubles of OTL.)

1-5.jpg

A photo of a CLM militant brandishing his AR-14 rifle, taken somewhere in Ontario, circa 1997.
zolote.jpg

Ukrainian-Canadian members of the CLM on patrol in Alberta, circa 2014.

A distressed mother on her cellphone upon hear about a "shooting" at the Thomas E. Dewey Elementary School in Boston Massachusetts, circa December 8th, 2012. It was quickly discovered that the perpetrators were militants of the Canadian Liberation Movement, who took all of the students and staff as hostages and demanded that the local authorities bring a news camera into the building and they would release a quarter of the hostages. After that was taken of care of, the ring leader who identified himself as Andrew Palmer (real name Joseph Sanderson) announced on national television his demands to the Federal Government that they have 72 hours to enter talks with the CLM about creating an independent Canada and to release all CLM members in Federal Custody. Palmer would then state that if these demands were not met, that all of the remaining hostages in the school are going to be executed. After about 68 hours of a tense standoff between the terrorists and Federal and Local Law Enforcement, the Federal Counter-Terrorist organization known as Taskforce 12 breeched the school and the resulting firefight would see 18 out of the 20 terrorists killed, 15 children and 3 adults killed with many more wounded, and 2 of the counter-terrorists dead and 5 wounded. Most to the casualties to the hostages were from the counter-terrorists, which caused a great controversy by the media in the following weeks to the incident. So much so, that the head of the Federal Department of National Security, who was Eric Holder, was forced to resign days after the shootout.
view-of-us-army-troops-as-they-practice-urban-combat-at-an-north-picture-id843358300

US Army soldiers battling with CLM militants in Winnipeg, circa 2001.​

Last edited:
Line of Succession to the German Throne (1871-present)
Note: The German Emperor is also the King of Prussia at the same time. See the list of Prussian Kings before 1871.

Kaiser_Wilhelm_I._.JPG

Wilhelm I (1871-1888)

Emperor_Friedrich_III.png

Frederick III (1888)

Kaiser_Wilhelm_II_of_Germany_-_1902.jpg

Wilhelm II (1888-1941)

William%2C_German_Crown_Prince.jpg

Wilhelm III (1941- 1951)

wilhelm IV.jpg

Wilhelm IV (1951-1994)

MV5BZjhlZmM5NzQtMWIwYS00ZDA1LWEwNzktYjRkMDcxMDRhNmY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc5Mjg0NjU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,749,1000_AL_.jpg

Frederick IV (1994-present)

9106fd188432cb75560c432489251b0f--the-men-british-actors.jpg

• Heir apparent: Crown Prince Frederick Wilhelm, Prince of Prussia
7R308521_22.jpg

• Second-in-line: George Frederick of Prussia [second cousin of the Crown Prince]
Bonus:
340px-Prinz_Wilhelm_und_Prinz_Lous_Ferdinand_von_Preussen.jpg

Crown Prince Wilhelm of Prussia with his brother, Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia

Colored image of Wilhelm IV in uniform:
https://www.deviantart.com/bronitz/art/Prince-Wilhelm-of-Prussia-300353896

Note: I assume that Wilhelm (IV) lived in TL-191 and became the next Kaiser after Wilhelm III in 1951. I made guesses about how Wilhelm IV's heir would look like. However, I think that Louis Ferdinand's line would be relatively unchanged

Last edited:
Map of Europe just before the start of the Second Great War
Note: Credit goes to Condottiero from DeviantArt for the original template. I also used some ideas from EmperorTigerstar. I made some closer-to-reality changes to the map and included some nations that briefly existed between the late 1910's to early 1920's. Perhaps some of them may have survived a little while longer, if not for the rest of the 20th Century. I don't know if the Soviet Union would have existed had the Central Powers won, but it's stated in Dr. Turtledove's books that the Russian Empire is still around.

Light-grey colored nations are those that are German puppet states to varying degrees.
Light-green colored nations are those that are Ottoman puppet states to varying degrees.

Fuschia colored nations are those that are Austro-Hungarian puppet states to varying degrees.

M_2_Central Powers Victory Map by Condottiero.jpg

What do you guys think?

Last edited: