Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

main-qimg-fd8b103b7bcea41a084b88f217861832

Polish Soldiers prior to the Second Great War, in which the Polish Army would put a determined defense of their country against the Russian Invasion of the Country.

Map of North America, ca. 1997, in TL-191
L_North America ca 1997 other nations.jpg

Countries:
  • State of Alaska (Штат Аляска)
    • Capital: New Archangel
    • Languages: Russian, Native Alaskan languages
    • Government: Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy
      • Emperor: Descendants of the Michael - Kirill Line
      • Prime Minister
  • Republic of Quebec (République du Québec)
    • Capital: Quebec City
    • Language: French
    • Government: Unitary parliamentary republic
      • President
      • Premier
  • United States of America
    • Capital: Washington, D.C.
    • Language: English
    • Government: Federal presidential constitutional republic
      • President
      • Vice-President
  • Second Mexican Empire (Segundo Imperio Mexicano)
    • Capital: Imperial District (Mexico City)
    • Languages: Spanish, Native Mexican languages
    • Government: Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy
  • Republic of Belize
    • Capital: Belize City
    • Language: English
    • Government: Unitary presidential republic
      • President
      • Vice-President
  • Dominican Republic (República Dominicana)
    • Capital: Santo Domingo
    • Language: Spanish
      • President
      • Vice-President
  • Republic of Haiti (République d'Haïti)
    • Capital: Port-au-Prince
    • Language: French, Haitian Creole
    • Government: Unitary semi-presidential republic
      • President
      • Prime Minister
  • Republic of Jamaica
    • Capital: Kingston
    • Language: English, Jamaican Patois
      • President
      • Vice-President

Notes:
Greenland is part of Denmark, Iceland is part of Europe, Alaska is its own nation with members of the exiled Russian Imperial family, West of Alaska is the Russian Republic, I gave Labrador to Quebec, the Second Republic of Texas was eventually re-annexed to the USA, Houston and Texas are separate states, Mexico continued to be a limited empire and annexed most of Central America. Belize and Jamaica are their own nations, and Puerto Rico still belongs to Spain.

These are all changes that I would have done. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Last edited:
Territories of the United States in TL-191, part 1

Notes: I made the assumption that, after the First Great War, all British and French territories in the Caribbean were relinquished to the United States or made into sovereign island nations. I imagined that the U.S. Virgin Islands in TL-191 were eventually bought from Denmark and would include the British Virgin Islands after 1917. German Samoa would probably still exist after taking them back from the British after the end of the war and I made American Samoa become a territory where its inhabitants are American citizens, unlike OTL. Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands are Japanese territory in TL-191. In the Caribbean, the islands are either American-owned, Dutch-owned or their own nation.

[Organized & Unincorporated]

1) U.S. Virgin Islands
TL_191 Virgin Islands.JPG

2) American Samoa
american-samoa-regional-map-750x418.jpg

3) Turks & Caicos Islands
caicos_map1.jpeg

4) Anguilla
anguillamap2.gif

5) St. Martin
TL_191 Saint Martin.jpg

6)Antigua & Barbuda
agmap.jpg

7) Saint Barth's
map-saint-bathelemy.jpg

8) Montserrat
3f5c74184db8c4fee01a0c0808866ad6.jpg

9) Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe_map.png

10) Cayman Islands
cayman.jpg

11) Bermuda
bd-map.gif

12) Saint Kitts and Nevis
260px-Saint_Kitts_and_Nevis-CIA_WFB_Map.png

Inspiration and explanation about the levels or territoriality in the U.S.:

Last edited:
Territories of the United States in TL-191, part 2

Note: The islands were all claimed under the Guano Islands Act, which occurred before the P.O.D. They would be, more or less, under the same control of the U.S. in TL-191.

[Unorganized & Unincorporated]

Baker Island
mbakerisland.gif

Howland Island
HQ-map.gif

Jarvis Island
DQ-map.gif

Johnston Atoll
jq-150.gif

Kingman Reef
map_of_kingman_reef.jpg

Midway Islands
th

Navassa Island
navassa_island_sm_2016.gif

Wake Island
WAIS_map.gif

Serranilla Bank
220px-Serrana_Bank_NASA.jpg

Bajo Nuevo Bank
bajo_nuevo.jpg

[Unorganized & Incorporated]

Palmyra Atoll
3K3IDLzu4qxc2u3ySs3K4OJAv9zWiJY-Lxc92kNu60mtpzCplQM1xZweUFhTES9ls-94WndQMI0_7baUQQst1z0YUjC1oev-jPh96tC4VTOuJB_e_IuwEzgLRBzn8f_1jIx4G0pMUdhC8v4JXlI6j6C8ryoDmfMsq5pJ3abAUAE

Unrelated note: I found out that I have the Smithsonian Channel and I am currently watching the "Fall of Japan: In Color". I also found a documentary from 2004 and narrated by Brian Cox on YouTube that includes similar color footage of Japan during WWII. Both of these give me a few TL-191 related ideas.

Last edited:
If I ever have the cash, I would love to start a collection of WWI and WWII helmets of both sides.

According to the dude I talked to, and somewhat ironically, genuine Wehrmacht helmets are damn near impossible to find in Germany, as they were all recycled into other things or re-purposed for various fire brigades and eventually tossed in the 90s.

According to the dude I talked to, and somewhat ironically, genuine Wehrmacht helmets are damn near impossible to find in Germany, as they were all recycled into other things or re-purposed for various fire brigades and eventually tossed in the 90s.

REALLY?!

That's sad to hear from a historical collector's point of view.

Yesterday, I finished re-reading In at the Death. While there were some characters I found to be somewhat boring, I was surprised that I totally forgot about Boris Lavochkin.

The guy straight up murders unarmed civilians!

Besides that, I'm glad that I found the book to still be enjoyable to read.

kngOIgX.jpg

A 7TP Barrel of the Polish Army in maneuvers, circa 1937.
a8d659f0f12d20c60f74be7e5bf2639d.jpg

From left to right, the uniforms of the Polish Army, a Private from the 10th Mechanized Cavalry Regiment, a crewman of a Barrel, and a Mountain Trooper Lieutenant.
7019004915_657e7088db_b.jpg

A Polish army squad engaging Russian Troops in Belorussia, circa 1942.
warsaw-poland-may-27th-2018-re-enactors-recreate-a-battle-between-polish-and-german-troops-during-the-the-1939-defensive-war-the-german-invasion-of-poland-began-at-445-am-on-september-1-1939-more-than-15-million-german-troops-invaded-poland-the-german-air-force-luftwaffe-bombed-polish-airfields-and-german-warships-and-u-boats-kriegsmarine-attacked-polish-naval-forces-in-the-baltic-sea-on-september-3-britain-and-france-declared-war-on-germany-initiating-world-war-ii-MT2GX2.jpg

Polish Cavalrymen conversing with their allied German soldiers in Eastern Poland, circa 1942.

A dubbed scene from the German SGW documentary "England's War in Color", 2004

Narrated by Bruno Ganz:

The one key person missing from the trials is the British Empire's ruler, now the English King, Edward VIII.

When there are widespread calls throughout Europe and North America to prosecute the British Emperor himself, there is a flood of letters to head of the victorious powers.

Letter #1: "To the Honorable General Guderian, we have nothing else remaining from the United Kingdom, except our King. If something were to happen to His Majesty, we would lose that which defined us as a united people."

Letter #2: "The King made an alliance with Featherston, the French King, and the Tsar to go to war against the world. If this man is allowed to escape punishment, there will be no justice!"

Letter #3: "If it ever happens that His Majesty is brought to trial, many English would hold a tremendous hatred to all Germans. I beg you with this petition written in my blood."

*cheers of GOD SAVE THE KING from the crowd*
With a new great game looming, the Americans are able to convince the Germans to not bring the English King to trial. Instead, he is sent on a series of carefully-orchestrated tours of his destroyed nation. On the 4th of June, 1946, he arrives in London. It is hoped that Edward VIII will remain a powerful symbol of continuity with the past.

Oxford student, John Kearsley: "We cannot deny that we had high hopes for old Britain. But the fact is that the government of Mosley and Churchill totally ignored reality. Our nation foolishly believed that we could regain and keep our Imperial Prestige. We must create a new nation from the ashes of the old."

After four years of fighting, during which the former British Empire had lost 2 1/2 million dead, and killed up to 15 million overseas, the legacy of the Kingdom of England will be long... and painful.

Inspiration:

Full Documentary:
The complete scene of the former video begins at 1:31:07

Last edited:
"Snapping Turtles" --- USN Monitors of the Great War, 1914-1917

QQfkoPd.jpg

^^^ --- Retribution-class monitor, USS Punishment (BM-14) sailing south on the Mississippi River, 1915. This picture was taken just before her chance duel with CSS Catawba. Although most operations along the rivers involved shore bombardment, guarding river convoys, and mine clearing, US monitors engaged in several noteworthy actions with their Confederate counterparts.

USS_Puritan_(BM-1).jpg

^^^ --- Pontiac-class monitor, USS Metacomet (BM-5), underway on the Ohio River, 1914. She, like much of her class before modifications, suffered from poor ventilation, making conditions in the engineering compartments abysmal. As an older monitor, most of her career was spent assisting the US Army in offensive operations by bombarding Confederate positions, as well as guarding river convoys.

boston-navy-yarddecember-21st-1917.jpg

^^^ --- Inquisitor-class monitor, USS Adjudicator (BM-19), taking on supplies for her role as a submarine-tender in Boston Harbor, 1916. Although rare, with such assignments usually going to other USN auxiliary ships, some monitors saw service in the Atlantic in submarine-tending roles. Here, Adjudicator is painted in a rare geometric camouflage scheme for her ocean-going operation. USS Archerfish is moored along side her.

Last edited: