Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

memorial-1024x640.jpg

Picture of the memorial to the people with disabilities murdered by the Freedom Party, Richmond, Virginia, Pump House Park.

During the early years of the Freedom Party regime, people with disabilities, physical or mental, were sent away to Concertation Camps. They were also victims of the Population Reducation. In 2014 this memorial was put up after the Freedom Party's treatment of people with disabilities was put to light by recent academic research.

220px-David_Irving_1_cropped.jpg

Picture of David Irving, English author, and Population Reducation denier, who has written on the military and political history of the Second Great War, focusing on Featherston's Confederacy. His works include The Destruction of Hardeeville (1963), Featherston's War (1977), Smith's War (1987), and Goldman: Mastermind of the Confederacy (1996). His works argued that Jake Featherston did not know of the extermination of the Confederacy's black population, or if he did, he opposed it. Though Irving's negationist claims and views of Confederate war crimes in the Second Great War (and Featherston's responsibility for them) were never taken seriously by mainstream historians, he was once recognized for his knowledge of Featherston's CSA and his ability to unearth new historical documents.

By the late 1980s, Irving had placed himself outside the mainstream of the study of history and had begun to turn from "'soft-core' to 'hard-core' Population Reducation denial," possibly influenced by the 1988 trial of the Population Reducation denier Ernst Peterson. That trial, and his reading of the pseudoscientific Slattery report, led him to openly espouse Population Reducation denial, specifically denying that blacks were murdered by gassing at Camp Determination.

Irving's reputation as a historian was further discredited in 1996, when, in the course of an unsuccessful libel case he filed against the American historian Deborah Lipstadt and Penguin Books, High Court Judge Charles Gray determined in his ruling that Irving willfully misrepresented historical evidence to promote Population Reducation denial and whitewash the Freedom Party, a view shared by many prominent historians. The English court found that Irving was an active Population Reducation denier, and racist who "for his own ideological reasons persistently and deliberately misrepresented and manipulated historical evidence." In addition, the court found that Irving's books had distorted the history of Featherston's role in the Population Reducation to depict Featherston in a favorable light.

Last edited:
Who, in Population Reduction, would equate to the Roma, Poles, Serbs, and Slovenes getting killed during the Holocaust? Also, would Featherston kill Free Masons and Homosexuals?

Who, in Population Reduction, would equate to the Roma, Poles, Serbs, and Slovenes getting killed during the Holocaust? Also, would Featherston kill Free Masons and Homosexuals?
In a previous post, I had that the Featherston kill Homosexuals (https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...federacy-tl-191.185493/page-312#post-24132219). Free Masons, not sure, considering that Featherston tolerated Jews (see Saul Goldman), and other religious groups, like Catholics, so maybe he would maybe he wouldn't. Probably the tl-191 version of the Roma, Poles, Serbs, and Slovenes getting killed during the Holocaust would be either blacks in Confederate-occupied Ohio and Pennsylvania or some Native American groups.

Such a fascinating and yet tragic outlook for an ATL bio for a true saint at heart. It's definitely curious to wonder how else the men of faith would fare ITTL. For the guards that refused to beat her, even evil had standards there. Another great post here.
Thank you.

The original story was a lot darker. She's basically the female version of St. Maximilian Kolbe in TL-191, while I currently imagine him to be more of a warrior priest fighting against Russian troops in Europe in TL-191. Think "Modern Hussar in a motorcycle".

View attachment 827340
Picture of David Irving, English author, and Population Reducation denier, who has written on the military and political history of the Second Great War, focusing on Featherston's Confederacy. His works include The Destruction of Hardeeville (1963), Featherston's War (1977), Smith's War (1987), and Goldman: Mastermind of the Confederacy (1996). His works argued that Jake Featherston did not know of the extermination of the Confederacy's black population, or if he did, he opposed it. Though Irving's negationist claims and views of Confederate war crimes in the Second Great War (and Featherston's responsibility for them) were never taken seriously by mainstream historians, he was once recognized for his knowledge of Featherston's CSA and his ability to unearth new historical documents.

By the late 1980s, Irving had placed himself outside the mainstream of the study of history and had begun to turn from "'soft-core' to 'hard-core' Population Reducation denial," possibly influenced by the 1988 trial of the Population Reducation denier Ernst Peterson. That trial, and his reading of the pseudoscientific Slattery report, led him to openly espouse Population Reducation denial, specifically denying that blacks were murdered by gassing at Camp Determination.

Irving's reputation as a historian was further discredited in 1996, when, in the course of an unsuccessful libel case he filed against the American historian Deborah Lipstadt and Penguin Books, High Court Judge Charles Gray determined in his ruling that Irving willfully misrepresented historical evidence to promote Population Reducation denial and whitewash the Freedom Party, a view shared by many prominent historians. The English court found that Irving was an active Population Reducation denier, and racist who "for his own ideological reasons persistently and deliberately misrepresented and manipulated historical evidence." In addition, the court found that Irving's books had distorted the history of Featherston's role in the Population Reducation to depict Featherston in a favorable light.
I haven't really decided on his fate or if an original character does something similar, but the whole Reduction Denial is something that I don't think works that well in TL-191.

Some on here have said that Reduction Justification may be more plausible; it'd be more of a philosophical/moral issue than a historical one, since there would be so much undeniable evidence on the Devastation.

For my head canon, it'd probably be Catholics, German, Austrians, Hungarians, Brazilians, maybe the Irish, maybe the Quebecois.

Pretty much mostly based on the whole Entente-Central Powers alliances.

For Catholics, it's a bit more personal since he'd know that Popes Pius XI and Pius XII would be against his racist and actionist policies.

I have Featherston being chill with the Sequoyahns.

I got nothing on any other group. However, the Freedomites didn't really have the whole "Physical Fitness and Racial Hygiene*" as a part of their ideology.

So, I don't really see the disabled getting systematically killed by the state.

*As long as you weren't Black, you were either praised or tolerated.

Last edited:
48423AF300000578-5283243-image-a.jpg

Picture of a mixed-race couple somewhere in Georgia, ca.1920.

While outside of Cuba, interracial marriage between black and white Confederates in the CSA was banned. However, it didn't stop people from practicing it regardless. During the Population Reduction, interracial families were attacked by the Confederate government. The children were labeled as bastards and sent away to concentration camps, even the children that looked more white than black, and anyone caught with a black spouse was sent to concentration camps. Despite this, the white spouse remained loyal to their black spouse and kept them safe during cleanups.

I haven't really decided on his fate or if an original character does something similar, but the whole Reduction Denial is something that I don't think works that well in TL-191.

Some on here have said that Reduction Justification may be more plausible; it'd be more of a philosophical/moral issue than a historical one, since there would be so much undeniable evidence on the Devastation.
True, but people in otl deny the Holocaust, and their undeniable evidence for that. Even Johnathan Moss said there would be that would deny it after the Second Great War.

For my head canon, it'd probably be Catholics, German, Austrians, Hungarians, Brazilians, maybe the Irish, maybe the Quebecois.

Funny that you mention Irish people being victims of the Population Reduction, considering that there was a line from a Union character saying something like, "If they did that to Irish men or Jews, they would have been outraged." I don't remember which book or page where that line was said, so just take my word on it.

For Catholics, it's a bit more personal since he'd know that Popes Pius XI and Pius XII would be against his racist and actionist policies.
The Freedom Party were fine with Catholics; they only went after the ones that were black (see Haiti). Also, it was mentioned that the Pope (whoever it might have been) didn't denounce what the CSA was doing to its black population.

220px-thumbnail.jpg

Picture of Sergeant A.M. Chandler of the 44th Mississippi Infantry Regiment, Co. F., and Silas Chandler, a family slave.

Silas Chandler was a slave to the Chandler family of Mississippi. Following the War of Succession, Chandler, along with slaves that fought with their masters, was used to a high pedestal in Confederate society, and was used to justify slavery. During the Great War, when the Confederacy was on the verge of defeat, the bill that called for black Confederates to enlist in the military was named "the Chandler Bill." During the Freedom Party regime, Chandler was used as an example of "what the Neg***s should be."
Following the re-admission of the former CSA, some scholars argued that Silas Chandler was put in his position to save his own life and that of his family. However, many Confederate sympathizers would use Chandler's story to disprove the fact that the CSA was created to keep slavery alive.

Last edited:
I know Featherston would kill Jehovah's Witnesses for not pledging allegiance to his regime. Also, Mexican Republicans would be the replacement for Spanish Republicans.

View attachment 827439
Picture of a mixed-race couple somewhere in Georgia, ca.1920.

While outside of Cuba, interracial marriage between black and white Confederates in the CSA was banned. However, it didn't stop people from practicing it regardless. During the Population Reduction, interracial families were attacked by the Confederate government. The children were labeled as bastards and sent away to concentration camps, even the children that looked more white than black, and anyone caught with a black spouse was sent to concentration camps. Despite this, the white spouse remained loyal to their black spouse and kept them safe during cleanups.
Were Cubans, Sonorans, and Chihuahuans allowed to race-mix with White Confederates?

I know Featherston would kill Jehovah's Witnesses for not pledging allegiance to his regime.
Maybe that could happen, but I can't say much about it because I'm unfamiliar with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Also, Mexican Republicans would be the replacement for Spanish Republicans.
Well, I mean, the Mexican Civil War was based on the Spanish Civil War of otl.

Were Cubans, Sonorans, and Chihuahuans allowed to race-mix with White Confederates?
Cubans yes, Sonorans and Chihuahuans maybe. Sonorans and Chihuahuans were considered lower level than whites but higher than blacks, and the books didn't say if they were allowed to race-mix with White Confederates.

OTL Holocaust is tons of undeniable evidence and still there is lot of Holocaust denialists. So Reduction denialists would work very well ITTL too.

Featherston hardly trusted to Catholics but probably he left them alone as long as they didn't oppose him. And for this there is too very practical reasons. His allies France and Mexico are Catholic majority nations and they wouldn't are happy if he would had begun to persecute Catholics. Speciality Mexico would had turned pretty dangerous enemy since then Featherston would had deal with two fronts.

OTL Holocaust is tons of undeniable evidence and still there is lot of Holocaust denialists. So Reduction denialists would work very well ITTL too.
True.

But how would a Reduction denialist explain where ~10 million Blacks went if they were not killed?
Featherston hardly trusted to Catholics but probably he left them alone as long as they didn't oppose him. And for this there is too very practical reasons. His allies France and Mexico are Catholic majority nations and they wouldn't are happy if he would had begun to persecute Catholics. Speciality Mexico would had turned pretty dangerous enemy since then Featherston would had deal with two fronts.

I have a more head canon view of this, since I was disappointed in the original version; not just a creative difference, but I don't want to go down that road.

Garrido's Mexico would give Featherston less restraint to mess with Catholics, but I must admit that they are not persecuted to the same extent that Blacks are in the Confederacy.

Last edited:
True.

But how would a Reduction denialist explain where ~10 million Blacks went if they were not killed?

Probably there would be even lesser of Reduction denialists than OTL Holocaust denialists but people are able to express really insane things no matter how few sense they make.

True.

Probably would use the same excuses, people who deny the Holocaust, the goal was deporting them, they did not use extermination camps and gas chambers for mass murder, the number was lower than most people think, or that it was a hoax.
Real question would be if the US attempts to make Population Reduction denial illegal, considering the first amendment and all.

220px-Happy_Chandler_-_Harris_an.jpg

Albert Benjamin "Happy" Chandler Sr., the Governor of Confederate Kentucky during the Second Great War.

Chandler was elected Lieutenant Governor of Kentucky in 1935 and was re-elected in 1939. In March 1941 [1], just two months after the Richmond Agreement Plesticite, Governor Ruby Laffoon passed away. Chandler had become Governor shortly after. However, his tenure was short, as Kentucky was re-admitted into the Union in 1943, an election year for the Governor of Kentucky that Chandler voiced that he'll run in. Chandler committed suicide shortly after the Confederates retreated to Tennessee.

References
1. Laffoon died in March 1941 in otl.

190px-Prentice_Cooper.jpg

William Prentice Cooper Jr., the last Governor of Confederate Tennessee.
Cooper declared martial in Tennessee as American forces advanced into Tennessee. During the fall of Nashville, Cooper was killed.

Back to Africa, where all their ships sank in a terrible storm.

Or there were in fact less blacks than were reported due to them not breeding enough.

Or they were relocated south into Mexico or the islands as volunteer fighters and died en masse because, as you know, 'dem folks ain't that smart. Not as smart as the whites with their butternut khakis'.s.

A conspiracy theorist will make any idea conform to their idea based on the small feasible possibility.

View attachment 827455
William Prentice Cooper Jr., the last Governor of Confederate Tennessee.
Cooper declared martial in Tennessee as American forces advanced into Tennessee. During the fall of Nashville, Cooper was killed.
Errr, what would've been the point of declaring martial law the state?