Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Alternatehistoryguy47, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Roosevelt 26th President

;)

Pence was raised as a Democrat and voted for Carter in 1980. This changed when he met his wife OTL.

2. Allochronian Well-Known Member

My head canon is that all British and French colonies in the Americas were relinquished and either became occupied territory or independent. I imagine that colonies such as Jamaica and British Honduras in TL-191 became independent decades earlier.

In the case of Jamaica, I like to think that they were able to put up a good defense against the Confederacy from completely invading the island nation and being a strategic ally to the U.S.

3. Allochronian Well-Known Member

I like this.

The little historical explanation of how the lives of Americans are living in the upper region of former Maine sounds very realistic.

4. Historyman 14 Well-Known Member

Thank you. Me and Joshua talked about it and he came up with the Canadians being more or less pretty relaxed with Americans in Norhern Maine.

The biggest thing would be cosmetic things. (Changing the flag to the Canadian flag, renaming things from presidents/Revolutionary leaders to Canadian, British, or local leaders, etc).

Other thing that, it probably look like OTL Maine or even like New Brunswick as metion.

5. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

You guys need to watch these. Its one person's take on the world-building in TL-191.

Worldbuiding in TL-191 Southern Victory, Part 1 (1862-1917)

Worldbuilding in TL-191 Southern Victory, Part 2 (1918-1944)

6. Allochronian Well-Known Member

7. Historyman 14 Well-Known Member

Rotunda Room of Mammoth Cave.

Even before the War of Secession, Mammoth Cave was becoming an international sensation, visiting by famed writers, actors, singers, and more, and would be after it. During the US Invasion of Kentucky, General Irving Morrell would visit the cave.

[​IMG]

8. Allochronian Well-Known Member

Third Southern Victory
    medium_Third Southern Victory 3.jpg
    I made this map based on the speculative result of the Entente Powers winning the First Great War.

The Confederacy gains West Virginia, New Mexico, and part of Missouri. The Mormon nation of Deseret is born. Canada gains Upper Michigan and a part of Washington, which is based on the disputed area during the Oregon Boundary dispute.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_boundary_dispute

The Confederate state of Jackson, which makes up more than half of Missouri, is named after Claiborne Fox Jackson who was a Missouri governor that lead the Missouri secessionist movement towards the Confederacy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_government_of_Missouri

I decided to rename New Mexico to Arizona as a historical remembrance of OTL Confederate Arizona.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_Arizona

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  9. Nathan Bernacki Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Since the Confederacy holds such a grip on Mexico in this timeline, I can see the Confederates forcing Mexico to agree to send runaway blacks back where they came from, especially when Featherston becomes President.

10. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

A very big and very victorious Confederacy here, complete with an newly freed Canada and an independent Utah.

Alpha-King98760 and cortz#9 like this.
  11. naraht Well-Known Member

Who owns Haiti at this point?

Alterwright likes this.
  12. Gladstone Gander Member

1024px-Al_Smith_-_Bain_News_Service.jpg United States President Al Smith delivering his speech of war declaration against the Confederate States on June 23, 1941.

Attached Files:

13. Dutch_Atlantic_13 IronPiedmont1996

[​IMG]

"You've done it now, Yankees. You've captured me."

A scene from the first episode of the HBO series, "Comrades in Arms," based on the novel of the same name. This scene portrays United States paratroopers coming across an old man in Tennessee at the start of the advance on Chattanooga.

14. Gladstone Gander Member

Robert_Johnson.png One of only three (perhaps four) verified photos of the legendary Confederate Delta bluesman Robert Johnson (1911 - 1943), who is considered one of the most important people in the evolution of the blues and rock and roll. Johnson moved from the Mississippi delta to Louisville, Kentucky, US in the mid-1930s to escape the Freedom Party and to pursue a recording career. Johnson was killed in the population reduction.

15. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

Bummer.

Alpha-King98760 likes this.
  16. Allochronian Well-Known Member

A TL-191 version of this video would probably have a higher casualty count, among other changes.

For a TL-191 version: Reverse the roles and imagine the monologues in German.

17. Allochronian Well-Known Member

Scenes from the German movie Billy Yank und Johnny Reb

Somewhere in the Rappahannock River, December 25th, 1861

First Battle of Manassas, part 1

First Battle of Manassas, part 2

General Jackson and General Stuart conversation

The Bonnie Blue Flag

18. Allochronian Well-Known Member

Chinese soldiers vs. Japanese soldiers, somewhere in Eastern China, July 1944

19. Allochronian Well-Known Member

20. Gladstone Gander Member

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-08618-0005,_Berlin,_2._Volkskammersitzung,_Bildung_DDR-Regierung.jpg German minister of foreign affairs Walter Ulbricht in 1952 during a debate in the Reichstag discussing the government´s stance regarding the superbombings of Russia, France and Britain during the Second Great War. Ulbricht was one of the most outspoken critics of the deeds and took the initiative to the "Ulbricht aid" which granted economic aid to the superbombed Entente countries from Germany until 1972.