Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Alternatehistoryguy47, Feb 23, 2011.

1. m0585 Well-Known Member

U.S. Major General Robert "Fighting Bob" Alexander. Often credited as the savior of the Eastern Theater in GWI, he was the commander of the U.S. 6th Infantry Division in the opening days of the war. Though his primary mission was to secure Baltimore, he constantly sought a way to take the fight to the Confederates. That opportunity came in August 1914. General Alexander noticed how the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia (AoNVA), in its haste to push on to Philadelphia, had left its left flank unsecured. He would repeatedly communicate to Philadelphia the need for more troops, to "upset the current strategic situation." General Alexander was constantly rebuffed by the War Department with the rationale that the Susquehanna defensive line would be more than adequate to stop the AoNVA. Infuriated that he was being denied a potential strategic windfall, he telegraphed his opinions to the War Department in, as his aide would later say, "words that would make a conventry of nuns blush." By happenstance, President Theodore Roosevelt was visiting the War Department that day and saw General Alexander's message come through. In the next few weeks, General Alexander would receive two additional division and be promoted to commanding general of the newly activated U.S. Fifth Corps.

With these new reinforcements, General Alexander would attack the left flank of the AoNVA in October, 1914. That attack, in combination with the stout U.S. defense on the Susquehanna would end the threat to Philadelphia and force the Confederacy retreat. General Alexander would command the Fifth Corps from October, 1915 to December, 1916 as it liberated the Confederate held parts of Maryland. He would be promoted to command of the U.S. 7th Army in January, 1917. He would command the 7th Army during the U.S. invasion of Northern Virginia in the spring of 1917. Elements of the 7th Army would occupy Fredericksburg, Virginia in June, 1917; General Alexander himself would raise the stars and stripes over the city. Following the war, General Alexander would command U.S. occupation forces in the annexed parts of Northern Virginia. His attempts to pacify the region were generally successful, as he encouraged residents from West Virginia and Maryland to move area. He served until 19 when he requested retirement. In retirement, he would rail against the Sinclair and Blackford Administrations for lenient on the Confederacy. When Jake Featherson came top power in 1933, General Alexander stated to a friend: "If the U.S. isn't at war in 10 years, then I'll eat a boot." When the Confederacy invaded Ohio in 1941, General Alexander stated: "I'm sad to have been right, and wish I would be eating my boot." Although he volunteered for service, the War Department denied him due to poor health. General Alexander would be killed during a Confederate air raid on Baltimore in 1941.

Following GWII, Fort Alexander in Maryland would be named for him.

Major_General_Robert_Alexander_in_1919.jpg

2. weaverj Every Man A King

I've got some news! I have joined the team creating the HOI4 TL 191 Mod! Im not a Dev, but I am a consultant for ideas and lore, due to my passion and knowledge of the TL! If you guys have any suggestions that you would like me to give! Then I would be willing to do so. I thought I would post this here because there seems to be alot of TL 191 Invested people here that I thought would be interested in hearing the news.

3. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

Wait, what's this about a "Los Angeles Attack"?

4. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

HOI4 MOD FOR TL-191 YYYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHH BOI

I'm surprised there won't one for this already actually.

weaverj likes this.
  5. akoslows Well-Known Member

Is there a Discord server for this mod? If so, could you give us all a link to it?

Alterwright likes this.
  6. PopulistBean Libertarian I guess

I kinda just made up a terrorist attack, maybe by Mormons. Even though they were in Hawaii I think eveantually there allowed back. And then they go right back. Or maybe not. I don’t know

cortz#9 and Alterwright like this.
  7. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

Oh okay, gotcha.

8. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

The Second Great War in Color:

tumblr_plxdm9NeSB1w636mro1_640.jpg

^^^ --- Charleston, South Carolina, 1941. US sailor on board the USS Remembrance mans an AA-gun as Confederate dive bombers swoop down onto the ship.

579f448d88e4a7b32e8bbed0-750-565.jpg

^^^ --- Metz, France, 1943. British soldiers take cover as they make their way up a narrow street in France, a comrade lying dead nearby as they watch the windows and roof tops for Imperial German snipers.

457C092D00000578-4996388-image-a-61_1508405643987.jpg

^^^ --- Atlanta, Georgia, 1943. Confederate Army soldiers driving a captured US Army heavy barrel, with markers to indicate it as a war prize.

tumblr_plp3ad14JN1s7e5k5o1_640.jpg

^^^ --- Port-au-Prince, Haiti, 1941. CS Marines enjoying a smoke break after setting fire to a Haitian house on the outskirts of the country's capital.

9. Allochronian Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Photograph of Jamaican soldiers during target practice

After obtaining their independence from Britain by the end of the First Great War, the Republic of Jamaica was considered to be, more or less, irrelevant in the international stage. Abandoned by Britain and antagonized by the CSA, the young nation was unsure about its future and many wondered if they country would be in constant conflict against itself. Sometime during the 1930's, Jamaica attempted to improve its relationship with the USA, but initially only received little aid. The concern of Jamaica was comparable to that of Haiti... until Featherston began to gain more power.

When the Second Great War began, Jamaica fought a mostly defensive war against the Confederacy. Using some up-to-date technology from the United States, the Jamaicans were able to fight off the invading Confederate forces and was not subjected to the Population Reduction, although many deaths still occurred from the Defense of Jamaica. Today, the Jamaican army is a well-funded organization and enjoys its alliance with the United States.

10. weaverj Every Man A King

Title Screen for the game Hearts of Iron 4. Known for Popular Mods such as the "Dixie" Mod, in which the Entente wins the First Great War and the United States goes Red and Revanchist and allies with a Communist Russia to overthrow the existing order.​

[​IMG]

11. Allochronian Well-Known Member

Ok, I have heard of this HOI4 mod before. How does one obtain this to play? How much is it? Can anyone edit it?

Alterwright likes this.
  12. weaverj Every Man A King

Its still in the works.

Alterwright likes this.
  13. PopulistBean Libertarian I guess

[​IMG]
    Brutus [1] in a picture in 1948.

Brutus was a Red rebel during GW1 but escaped Confederate authorities and decided to lay low.
    Though during the Population Reduction he was put in a camp. He survived and after the war,
    moved to Liberia. There he established the Liberian Red League. In the first Liberian election after
    the Second Great War, the Communists got 19% of the popular vote. The party would soon grow
    and become one of the leading parties. Brutus died three months before the before the Liberian 1985
    election where the Communists would win.

There is a memorial in Monrovia, the capital of the Liberian Commune

[1] = Brutus is still Harry Haywood, but since the Confederate Blacks were given Roman and Greek names
    I kind of thought Brutus was a good name, so...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  14. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

What are the others countries represented here? Are the portraits for the faction leaders still being chosen or are they finalized?

15. weaverj Every Man A King

I believe (In Order from Left to Right) the Bottom Countries are: Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire, Italy, Bolshevik Rump in Caucasus, China, Argentina, Brazil, and Australia
    The Top Countries are listed. Most of the Portraits have been taken from other mods, but some are created by other artists.

Alterwright likes this.
  16. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

I see! So, what's already been agreed on then? Is the start date of this mod in 1935?

17. pattontank12 Better Dead than Red!

I think Oswald Mosely would be a better official leader of Silver Shirt Britain.

Also an alternative term for Fascism would probably more appropriate for TL-191, maybe "revivalism?"

18. weaverj Every Man A King

Start date is the same as Canon.

Your gonna have to be specific for that first question.

19. weaverj Every Man A King

Maybe I should start a thread for discussing the Mods Progress.

terranova210486 and Alterwright like this.
  20. PopulistBean Libertarian I guess

YES PLEASE

cortz#9 and terranova210486 like this.