Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cornado Naval Base in San Diego. Says it was built in 1943. Look it up on Google Maps.

It's Reich because the Third Reich is still going strong and America is an ally of Nazi Germany.

I suppose the building could belong to an American Empire. They used it because it's an ancient symbol of good luck.

Last edited:
Here's a book from a confederate wins timeline.

ww2 book csa.jpg

Wendell said:
U.S. Marines still raise the flag over Iwo-Jima in that TL?
It could be some blasted summit of a peak in the Appalachians from the early months of the war.

hammo1j

Donor
Best I can manage is Spielburg's alternate ending to Saving Private Ryan.

This came from another forum where one poster suggested it as more likely than the historical hogwash the film had turned into at that point.

images.jpg

Wendell said:
Was the CSA on the losing side?
Well, he said the image was from a "Confederate wins" timeline. I suppose that means that the American offensive in the Appalachians was A) a surprise attack, B) a "miracle" to pull off for it the rate making the cover, or C) a normal attack but the Confederates managed to encircle the peak later and it held out for an otherwise improbably long time. That flag being on that peak was important somehow, even though the CSA eventually won.

GBW said:
Well, he said the image was from a "Confederate wins" timeline. I suppose that means that the American offensive in the Appalachians was A) a surprise attack, B) a "miracle" to pull off for it the rate making the cover, or C) a normal attack but the Confederates managed to encircle the peak later and it held out for an otherwise improbably long time. That flag being on that peak was important somehow, even though the CSA eventually won.
The CSA won the ACW, not necesarily the World Wars...

Status
Not open for further replies.