Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing quite as holy as when Jesus rode the dinosaurs. :D:D

406307977_2c314e7172.jpg

There's all the proof the religious right needs. :D

My girlfriends brother is a die hard christian. He goes to pro-life rallies, speaks in tongues at church, and lives at the church up the street. His current goal in life is to get me to go with him, and today he emailed me that picture and a long story about why carbon dating is flawed.

My girlfriends brother is a die hard christian. He goes to pro-life rallies, speaks in tongues at church, and lives at the church up the street. His current goal in life is to get me to go with him, and today he emailed me that picture and a long story about why carbon dating is flawed.

And I was just joking! :eek:

I don't get the whole speaking in tongues thing. When the Bible talks about the apostles speaking in tongues, it means that they are actually speaking a real language but one that they do not know. This allowed them to preach to the people of many nations.

NomadicSky

Banned

You gotta love those really brainwashed ones it's so fun to mess with their heads. I am on many of their list of targets to save because of a speech I made in my speech class last semester about how Jesus couldn't be the son of God

Xian- Have you thought about the love of Jesus yet?
Me- No not really
Xian when are you going to accept that he died on the cross just for your sins?
Me-And when are you going to accept that if somewhat today ran around and said they were the son of God and King of New Jersey they'd be put in an insane asylum back in Roman days they had a much more cruel way of dealing with crazies.
Xian-One day you'll crack and be filled with the love of Jesus!

You gotta love those really brainwashed ones it's so fun to mess with their heads. I am on many of their list of targets to save because of a speech I made in my speech class last semester about how Jesus couldn't be the son of God

Xian- Have you thought about the love of Jesus yet?
Me- No not really
Xian when are you going to accept that he died on the cross just for your sins?
Me-And when are you going to accept that if somewhat today ran around and said they were the son of God and King of New Jersey they'd be put in an insane asylum back in Roman days they had a much more cruel way of dealing with crazies.
Xian-One day you'll crack and be filled with the love of Jesus!

My father points two reasons he can never listen to the bible. The first is genesis. The first chapter says god crested adam and eve, the second speaks of adam moving about naming the animals, and then god takes a rib and create eve. That is two different versions of creation.

The second is "man shall not lay with man." Turn the page... it says that unruly children should be stoned by the town! Mordern Christians, not all mind you, but many, focus on this message that really is just people taking bits and pieces of their personal beliefs.

But man did I love messing with the Christians at my school. Funny thing is our Christian Club president got knocked up about a week after we graduated. Guess she should not have made fun of the jews.... :D

*Note- Fenwick is jewish, or his father is from isreal, so he is allowed to make comments about the Jewish faith.*

This isn't really the trhead to discuss this in, but I always liked the part in Philip Jose Farmer's Jesus of Mars when Jesus tells the astronauts he never started a new religion. He was the adopted son of God and everyone on Earth is Jewish whether they know it or not.

While the Republicans never did get along with the New American Vodoo Party, they could hardly say no to the next candidate for the 08' election. Some argue he already ran, but the constitution never included coming back from the dead so... 4 more years!

welcome.jpg

NomadicSky

Banned
*Note- Fenwick is jewish, or his father is from isreal, so he is allowed to make comments about the Jewish faith.*

My dad is also Jewish and he married a die hard baptist now a die hard southern baptist who cried when I told her if I was ever going to believe in God it would be from dad's point of view.
I don't think I have anything negative to say about the Jewish faith they seem to understand it's between me and my creator I'm not going to shove my views down your throat.
Christians will tell you that Jews are sacred and Israel is defended by God even though the Jews killed their "saviour" and they are all going to hell.

NomadicSky

Banned
While the Republicans never did get along with the New American Vodoo Party, they could hardly say no to the next candidate for the 08' election. Some argue he already ran, but the constitution never included coming back from the dead so... 4 more years!

That's great!

Sure you don't mean the 'Herbert West Reanimator' party? :D

The Second Great Jazz World War!​

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to this Second Great Jazz World War at the Desert Cafe here in Poland. This is the Second edition of the popular jazz contest where different bands challenge each other. And would you've guessed that Germany once again is the challenger to the title, World Champion. We all remember that The Kaiser Dixieland Trio wasn't quite up to the task of defeating The Trench Mates. This time they have sent The Adolf Hitler Quartett with a featured soloist and they are preforming the tune "Minnie the Moocher". It will be interesting to see if they communicate with the audience like it's original composer does. Oh here they come on stage."

Naziband.jpg

Gutentag, this is mein band. Mein name is Adolf Hitler and I play ze bass and I zing.
On ze drums we have Hermann Göring.
On ze piano we have mein wife, ze lovely Eva Braun.
On sax, Josef Göbbels.
And appearing exkluzivelly on ze trumpet, Erwin Rommel.

Minnie the Moocher (by Cab Calloway)

"That is a fantastic performance, great singing by Adolf! He uses his perfect charisma to totally engulf the masses! Great feature playing by Rommel, he totally sweeps across the Desert with his expert techniques! I will give this a 9 out of 10 because of the slightly old choice of tune but overall it's great! The Allied Big Band will soon come on stage, preforming the tune In a Mello' Tone. The Allied Big Band is a compilation of the most skilled musicians from the United States, Britain, France and the Soviet Union. They are lead by their conductor Mr. Chamberlain who are a tad uncharismatic and naive. He usually just count in the tune and goes to sit down in the audience. The Lead Alto Saxophone player, Josef Stalin is used to taking his place. He likes to be infront. Oh here they come!"

AlliedBand.jpg

Hello there comrades!
This is Allied Big Band, we come all way from Moscow to play for you!
Let me introduce band!

On Alto sax we got me and General Zhukov.
On Tenor sax we got Douglas McArthur and Pvt. Joe, and on Baritone we got Dwight Eisenhower.

On trombone we got King George VI, De Gualle, Roosevelt and great Churchill on bass trombone.

On trumpet we got Montgomery, Pierre from France, Pvt. Igor and Pvt. Vladimir from Russia.

On drums, bass and piano we got some people from America. I don't remember name. *gets angry stares*
We are gonna play In a Mello Tone by guy from america, with a solo by Roosevelt and a very advanced Sax chorus by us saxophones.
1, 2 and a 1 2 3 4.

In a Mello Tone by Duke Ellington

"That is a absolutely wonderful performance. It was slow at first but it then it came like a train and knocked us over. We got steamrolled by the Allied Big Band. It seems that the manpower of the Allied Big Band will defeat the technical skills of the Adolf Hitler Quartett. I will give the ABB 10 out of 10. And that will conclude this Second Great Jazz World War. Join us next year for the Third edition when the Chinese Bebop Trio will take on the United Nations Experience. Good night!"

Status
Not open for further replies.