Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some F-18s with tanks from desert storm, I really don't know the context it could be in but it could be for an alternate desert storm when the ground forces faced tougher resistance.

xxximage3889oy8.jpg

Washington DC thirty years after a terrorist nuclear blast destroys the American capital (which after the blast was moved first to Philadelphia then to a new permanent capital in Kansas City, MO [renamed to New Washington].

fallout-3-2.jpg

An M1A3 off the nano-assembler lines in Detroit, ready to be used against the EUROFED beachhead in New York. 2024.

Thande

Donor
An M1A3 off the nano-assembler lines in Detroit, ready to be used against the EUROFED beachhead in New York. 2024.
How. Many. Bloody. Times. Do. I. Have. To. Tell. You?!!!

We will NOT have any sort of Star Trek-style nanotechnology by 2024 and I doubt we will have any by 2124!!

When scientists talk about "nanotech machines" they mean the microscopic equivalent of the bloody inclined plane and first class lever! Computer-controlled assembly of materials on a macroscopic scale is centuries away!!

(note that I was so pissed off by this that I entirely failed to comment on the unlikelihood of some sort of federal EU that actually has a decent military and uses it :D )

We will NOT have any sort of Star Trek-style nanotechnology by 2024 and I doubt we will have any by 2124!!

When scientists talk about "nanotech machines" they mean the microscopic equivalent of the bloody inclined plane and first class lever! Computer-controlled assembly of materials on a macroscopic scale is centuries away!!

(note that I was so pissed off by this that I entirely failed to comment on the unlikelihood of some sort of federal EU that actually has a decent military and uses it :D )
Since its from Ign, I suspect its a screen from a video game.

And who knows Thande, some secret research lab might be far ahead of us in that research...I doubt it though.

*shrugs*

Matter of habit. If you want a reason, the three superpowers in that world discovered GAMEium in 2011 and developed all sorts of hi-tech cool shit not long after discovery.:p

a German Lanze-Patrouille searching the wastes of the Saarland in 1925 for potential Allied soldiers after an extended -and near apocalyptic- Great War

(no changes made to an origional photo... it's just so cool :D )

german lancer.jpg

Not a very good one, I know, but....

windtlk3.jpg

Here Confederate soldiers backed by armor charge against a Union position during the Second Tennessee Campaign (1942-1943) during the Second Great War.

It was shot with one of the few color cameras at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.