Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thande

Donor
Hapsburg said:
Oh, whatever, it's science fiction, emphasis on fiction.
Heh, don't worry, in my own science fiction (see sig for blatant advertising), I have the humans (and others) using visible energy weapons for no better reason than because it's frickin' cool ;)

Oth: LOL. Although I suppose it might not be that strange, if you had to aim by hand and needed to see where your fire was going.

Hapsburg

Banned
Yet another (attempted) portrait of Emperor Vandox I, this time seen directing troops at the Battle of Hameln, 1798.
vandoxinbattle7dp.png

Hapsburg

Banned
That other one didn't have pee on it. That was shadowing!:p
If it was urine, it wouldve been a weird yellowish-grey color.;)

In 1798? I don't think so. If it was good enough for the Second Reich, it is good enough for somebody in the First.

Hapsburg

Banned
Imajin said:
Isn't the Black-White-Red tricolor anachronistic, though?
I have it that they are Vandox's personal colors after becoming Emperor, so as to get them in there earlier. However, the BWR tricolor as a flag doesn't come around until 1870, the beginning of the reign of Emperor Frederick IV Vandox.
Additionally, I have the colors stand for something else:
"Black for the gunpowder used to defend.
White for the peace we wish to extend.
and Red, for our honor and for Rome.
"
After the 1863-66 Imperial Civil War, however, the meaning for Red is changed to "for the blood shed in the fight".

Last edited:
Kabraloth said:
In 1798? I don't think so. If it was good enough for the Second Reich, it is good enough for somebody in the First.
But the Second Reich derived it's colors from Prussia (Black/White) and the Hanse (Red/White), the flag was originally designed to symbolize North Germany rather than the whole thing.

The modern German colors are more likely, I'd say... they're derived from the HRE's flag, if I recall- see this flag: http://fotw.net/images/d/de_sacr1.gif

Them being Vandox's colors is fine, though... if I recall, there was a German state whose colors were black, red, and gold, and they had been using the modern German flag as their flag based off of their arms for centuries before anyone thought of using those colors to represent all Germany.

Hapsburg

Banned
Well, the official flag of the Empire is this:
holyromanimperialflag0fo.png

As I said, the black-white-red are Vandox's personal colors as Emperor, and thusly wears that as his sash.

MrP

Banned
Earlier computers lead to an earlier sequencing of DNA. Skin colour became a fashion accessory in 1975:

060624_coleur.jpeg

MrP

Banned
George Bush, the Blues Legend from a poor background, plays with other greats in a charity concert for the homeless:

bush.JPG

MrP

Banned
EvolvedSaurian said:
That is a very cool pic.

I may put it on my desktop.

Nabbed it (and it would seem every other pic I've posted lately) from The Telegraph. Click on "Images of the week" and you'll find 'em all - I never knew they had such groovy stuff till now. :)

Hapsburg

Banned
A portrait of His Imperial Elven Majesty, Carl I Vellic, Emperor of the Elven Empire.
carlielvenemperor4zt.png

The House of Vellan had ruled the First Elven Empire from 643 to 1153, when the empire broke into civil war. They subsequently ruled over the Elven Kingdom, often at odds with the Elven Republic, until the 1640s, when it, along with the Republic, was conquered by the Demon Army of Lord Yoshiro. After the Survival War ended in 1651, with Yoshiro's obliteration, many nations were restored. The House of Vellan became the Directors (rulers) of the United Elven Commonwealth, a combination of the two former Elven nations, ruling the nation with almost absolute power. In 1779, Carl-Vellic Vellan (b.1750) became Director, and established many liberal policies, establishing himself as one of many Enlightened Despots in that era. In 1807, with the Commonwealth under threat from Revolutionary France and its allies, he was declared Emperor of the Elven Empire by the Commonwealth Parliament. The Second Elven Empire was born. Emperor Carl I died in 1832, leaving behind an economically and militarily powerful and modern nation.

Hapsburg

Banned
A portrait of King Vlad XI of the Vampiric Commonwealth, also Prince Vlad IV of Wallachia. Born in 1703, he reigned from 1739 to his death in 1801.
vladxikingofthevampiriccommonw.png

The dynasty of Basarab have ruled the Vampiric Commonwealth (est. 902) for generations, since Vlad I Dracula in the late 1400s, whose rule temporarily bound Wallachia in union. The Commonwealth and Wallachia existed seperately, until 1654, when Victor II Basarab was elected Prince of an independant Wallachia. His death in 1739 brought the ascension of his eldest son, Vlad, who became one of many "enlightened monarchs" of the era. The Kings have wielded an enchanted scepter both as a symbol of authority and power and as a battleweapon, since the scepter was forged in 1209.

Status
Not open for further replies.