Cupace20200804191200.png

Beatles with the Beatles

HADESTOWN (1965)
90a1763f19118e4103223bc33736b4a7.jpg

Natalie Wood as Eurydice on the set of the oscar winning Hollywood musical retelling of the myth of Orpheus and Eurydice "Hadestown", released in 1965.

e1db93968826804da15bbd6d9da7d44f.jpg

The film would would also star Louis Armstrong as Hermes, who can be seen above rehearsing for the opening song "Road to Hell".

0385e2fbd64d633d74e78d7572da9a6c.jpg

Seen above is the opening shot of the film, which would see Louis as Hermes performing "Road to Hell". Louis would be nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar.

MV5BMTYwMjIwOTE1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDIzOTY0NjM@._V1_.jpg

Judy Garland as the goddess Persephone after her return to the underworld and during the song "Chant". Judy Garland would continue to play the character after her break from Hollywood, performing as Persephone on both Broadway and the London theatre.

188419__93581.1342532241.380.500.jpg

Christopher Lee as the haunting yet alluring, intimidating yet charming king of the underworld the "Mighty Mister Hades" as Hermes calls him.​

HADESTOWN (1965)
View attachment 572589
Natalie Wood as Eurydice on the set of the oscar winning Hollywood musical retelling of the myth of Orpheus and Eurydice "Hadestown", released in 1965.

View attachment 572590
The film would would also star Louis Armstrong as Hermes, who can be seen above rehearsing for the opening song "Road to Hell".

View attachment 572593
Seen above is the opening shot of the film, which would see Louis as Hermes performing "Road to Hell". Louis would be nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar.

View attachment 572594
Judy Garland as the goddess Persephone after her return to the underworld and during the song "Chant". Judy Garland would continue to play the character after her break from Hollywood, performing as Persephone on both Broadway and the London theatre.

View attachment 572597
Christopher Lee as the haunting yet alluring, intimidating yet charming king of the underworld the "Mighty Mister Hades" as Hermes calls him.​
Love this, but who is playing the eponymous character? And who directs?

This photo has a strange but interesting story.

Barney_Jurassic_Park.jpg

In Steven Spielberg's 1993 blockbuster film Jurassic Park, scientists cloned seven famous types dinosaurs for an amusement park, but it all went wrong. The seven dinosaurs in the movie were:
  • T-rex
  • Velociraptor
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Triceratops
  • Dilophosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Gallimimus
However, there was an eighth dinosaur, but it was removed from the movie for being very dangerous and scary. It was Barney. It is unknown why he was suppose to be in the movie (possibly being a parody of the infamous purple colored dinosaur or possibly in a dream sequence), but he was removed. Only three known copies of the original film are known to exist: one with Steven Spielberg himself, another one in the hands of a collector and the third is owned by an anonymous person in Montana. He was able to take a picture of one frame of the film, showing Barney eating the lawyer off the toilet (which was replaced with the T-rex in the final cut).

This photo has a strange but interesting story.

View attachment 572631
In Steven Spielberg's 1993 blockbuster film Jurassic Park, scientists cloned seven famous types of dinosaurs for an amusement park, but it all went wrong. The seven dinosaurs in the movie were:
  • T-rex
  • Velociraptor
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Triceratops
  • Dilophosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Gallimimus
However, there was an eighth dinosaur, but it was removed from the movie for being very dangerous and scary. It was Barney. It is unknown why he was supposed to be in the movie (possibly being a parody of the infamous purple-colored dinosaur or possibly in a dream sequence), but he was removed. Only three known copies of the original film are known to exist: one with Steven Spielberg himself, another one in the hands of a collector, and the third is owned by an anonymous person in Montana. He was able to take a picture of one frame of the film, showing Barney eating the lawyer of the toilet (which was replaced with the T-rex in the final cut).
lol

*sigh* I Return With Good N' Cool Turkish WWII Stuffs...

FB_IMG_1596653587824.jpg

The Glorious Generals Of The Reich Celebrates The Fall Of Turkey In Occupied Ankara.23th March 1942.

FB_IMG_1596653646137.jpg

A Turkish Spitfire Fights For Anatolian And European Liberty In Its Own Lands.Unknown.

FB_IMG_1596653649134.jpg

The Exiled Turkish Army In Britain Takes Some Goods From Its Great Allies Like This One In The Picture.The Russian,American,British And (even very little) French Aids Were Helped The Turks For Create Another Kuvay-I Milliye Against The German Occupiers.

FB_IMG_1596653618279.jpg

The Early Days Of The War.When The Turks Still Strong Against Their Own Enemy.

FaceApp_1596654553850.jpg

Singer Carl Wilson of the Beach Boys group at their last meeting in 1996, preparing to record another solo album, Carl had a poor performance in his studio and recovered at home.

Love this, but who is playing the eponymous character? And who directs?
I assume you're asking who played Orpheus... I dunno, haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking a singer/guitarist from that period of time, maybe a member of a band...

As for who directs, Robert Wise (Sound of Music, West Side Story).

And for the unasked question of how is this possible... Alien Space Bats are fans of musicals.

Elvis and sextuplets.png

Staff Sgt. and future United States President Elvis Presley meets his 6-month old sextuplet children for the first time (1959)

Huh... Didn't actually think of that, but its a good idea. I was thinking a member of The Beach Boys or maybe Paul McCartney, but Dylan would be a good choice.
I was also going to suggest Dylan. But I also like Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys for the role as well.

And I have been working on a creative project for a few years that is similar. About two ASB twin brothers who create the first full-length sound and color feature films in 1926. Their first being a romantic tragedy musical with elements of Orpheus and Eurydice, Tristan and Isolde, and Romeo and Juliet. The music I was going to use would be anachronistic and be proto-rock and roll/jazz/folk covers of modern music. So, kudos to you for coming up with a similar idea for the 60's.

Last edited:
I was also going to suggest Dylan. But I also like Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys for the role as well.

And I have been working on a creative project for a few years that is similar. About two ASB twin brothers who create the first full-length sound and color feature films in 1926. Their first being a romantic tragedy musical with elements of Orpheus and Eurydice, Tristan and Isolde, and Romeo and Juliet. The music I was going to use would be anachronistic and be proto-rock and roll/jazz/folk covers of modern music. So, kudos to you for coming up with a similar idea for the 60's.
Honestly I was just asking myself out of boredom "What if Hadestown was made back in the 60s?".

I originally wanted someone like Vincent Price or Boris Karloff as Hades, but after consideration and comparing their singing voices with Patrick Page Hades), and considering the age of Boris Karloff, I chose Christopher Lee, both because he was menacing looking, and sounded similar enough to Patrick Page.