Photos from 1983: Doomsday

gettyimages-1160392543-594x594.jpg

Azanian League soldiers on a patrol

unnamed.jpg

Pollsmoor Prison. Here, the ANC leader Nelson Mandela got infected by tuberculosis, and was executed on 1985. When the riots on Cape Town during the South African Wars sparked a rebellion on Pollsmoor Prison, ANC members and anti-apartheid activists who were imprisoned tried to flee the prison, but they were executed by the Cape Town white/boer militias that later would became the RZA Union Defence Force. After the invasion of the RZA, the ANC and the United Democratic Front (UDF) would get legalized, and a plaque outside the prison could be add by the ANC resistance leaders. The same prison became the scenario for the trials against the RZA dictatorship, described to being similar to the Nuremberg Trials

Last edited:
1024px-2_SSB_squadron_training_exercise.jpg

2 Special Service Battalion, led by Commandant T.B. Beyleveldt, was loyal to the pre-1983 South African goverment, and after 1984, it was part of the Orange Free State Army.

View attachment 695918
Pollsmoor Prison. Here, the ANC leader Nelson Mandela got infected by tuberculosis, and was executed on 1985. When the riots on Cape Town during the South African Wars created a revolt on the city, ANC members and anti-apartheid activists who were imprisoned tried to flee the prison, but they were executed by the Cape Town white/boer militias that later would became the RZA Union Defence Force. After the invasion of the RZA, the ANC and the United Democratic Front (UDF) would get legalized, and a plaque outside the prison could be add by the ANC resistance leaders. The same prison became the scenario for the trials against the RZA dictatorship, described to being similar to the Nuremberg Trials
(I think that a riot on Cape Town and a mutiny it´s better than have the remnants of the Republic of South Africa to spend planes to kill any rebels if their have huge rebellions of any faction there)

Type092-SSBN-Xia-class-profile.jpg

Type 092 submarine (NATO: Xia-class SSBN) of the People's Liberation Army Navy Submarine Force. Launched in April 1981, the first Xia-class SSBN was commissioned as the Changzheng 6 (406) in August 1983, about a month after Doomsday. However, it was not yet armed with nuclear missiles. Changzheng 6 was one of the casualties of Doomsday as it was in port in Qingdao Naval Base.

1024px-Granada_station_1989.jpg

Granada train station with the Al-Ándalus (luxury) express train. It managed to survive Doomsday and it connects the Republic of Spain and the former Andalusian region

Dziennik_telewizyjny.jpg

Dziennik Telewizyjny (Television Journal) propaganda newscast. This comes from the of the Western Polish Television, while their eastern counterpart uses a radio format

f8ph1y8eoyx71.jpg

"Once I was a smoker... and then I quit!" (USSR tobacco poster from 1983). I.A. Vol'zhova. The prohibition to smoke managed to avoid a lung cancer crysis after Doomsday on Siberia