Photos from 1983: Doomsday

Deleted member 82792

The city of Kyoto, ancient and current capital of Japan
images

images

images

Last edited by a moderator:
lK0fxqH_d.jpg

A stunning discovery in Virginia: a relatively intact F/A-18 Hornet. Developed for the US Navy and Marine Corps before Doomsday, these strike fighters were originally meant to enter service by the summer of 1984. Virtually all known Hornets were believed to have obliterated by nuclear strikes until the aircraft pictured above was discovered in a ruins of Naval Air Station Oceana in 2007.

Last edited:
lK0fxqH_d.jpg

A stunning discovery in Virginia: a relatively intact F/A-18 Hornet. Developed for the US Navy and Marine Corps before Doomsday, these strike fighters were originally meant to enter service by the summer of 1984. Virtually all known Hornets were believed to have obliterated by nuclear strikes onto the aircraft pictured above was discovered in a ruins of Naval Air Station Oceana in 2007.

Didn't some of the F/A-18s become part of the Commonwealth Armed Forces? Does not the ANZS Commonwealth have F-18s or was it the F-14 Tomcat? The sam goes for SH-60 Seahawks which was to see service in 1984 to replace the Sea Kings.

Didn't some of the F/A-18s become part of the Commonwealth Armed Forces? Does not the ANZS Commonwealth have F-18s or was it the F-14 Tomcat? The sam goes for SH-60 Seahawks which was to see service in 1984 to replace the Sea Kings.

Personally I would assume that if a particular piece of equipment entered service in 1984 it wouldn’t be widely available on 9/26/83. Looking at the ANZC military page*(which I admit I hadn’t Looked at before) it refers to Australia’s F-18s as being reverse engineered copies built by a local manufacturer. So Let’s assume an original pre-Doomsday American built example is still an amazingly rare find.

*https://althistory.fandom.com/wiki/Commonwealth_Armed_Forces_(1983:_Doomsday)

Personally I would assume that if a particular piece of equipment entered service in 1984 it wouldn’t be widely available on 9/26/83. Looking at the ANZC military page*(which I admit I hadn’t Looked at before) it refers to Australia’s F-18s as being reverse engineered copies built by a local manufacturer. So Let’s assume an original pre-Doomsday American built example is still an amazingly rare find.

*https://althistory.fandom.com/wiki/Commonwealth_Armed_Forces_(1983:_Doomsday)
latest

Here is an SH-60 Seahawk from Jurassic Park III
image%2fmh60s_sikorsky_410.jpg

And here it is in real life.

Wikipedia states it was meant to replace the Kaman SH-2 Seaspite and the Sea King which were the primary ASW helicopters of the U.S. Navy during 1960s-1970s. First flight was in 1979 while it was formally introduced to the USN in 1984. With Doomsday happening, perhaps the same situation could be said for the F/A-18 Hornets where a pre-Doomsday American version would be a rare find. I'm assuming the ANZC already has the SH-60.

azucar_EDIIMA20131202_0635_13.jpg

In 1997, production began on Hawaii's Big Island of sugarcane-based automobile fuel. This has become a major industry in the Free State."

Last edited:
MK19-02jp3.jpg

JP3M16A2-2.jpg

JP3M16A2-1.jpg

U.S. Marines and ADF personnel land in the big island of Hawaii during the APA's intevention of the Hawaiian Civil War, 1987. (Jurassic Park III/IMFDB).

nazionale.sardegna.maglia.2019.750x450.jpg

Pictured, the home kit of the national team of Sardinia; being a mandate, the island can't take part in World Cup qualifiers, but the local side has nonetheless developed a friendly rivalry with its Corsican equivalent.

An A4 pacific seen departing Aberdeen railway station in 1995 with a Glasgow bound service, steam engines saw a major resurgence during the post Doomsday period on the former British rail network due to restrictions on oil consumption.

To this day most railway lines in the Celtic union are run by steam engines though this is starting to change with electrification schemes taking place, certain lines such as the West coast main line from Liverpool to Glasgow never used steam engines post Doomsday as they were already electrified.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-1_12-19-16.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-1_12-19-16.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 173
upload_2019-8-1_13-16-57.jpeg

A view of Glasgow, 2016. Since Doomsday the city has made strides to modernise itself and is now a major financial and commercial hub, it also boasts a large ship building industry.

arctic-edge-2018-1800.jpg

Troops from the Alaska Militia (part of the Commonwealth Armed Forces) patrolling near the DMZ between the Free State of Alaska and the Alaska Autonomous Territory of Social Siberia.