Photos from 1983: Doomsday

1280px-Comox_Valley_from_Mt_Washington.jpg

Comox, Victoria

The music video for Phil Collins' song In The Air Tonight. The song was released as a single on January 9, 1981 with it being included on his first album Face Value, which was released on February 13, about two and a half years before Doomsday.

The music video for Phil Collins' song In The Air Tonight. The song was released as a single on January 9, 1981 with it being included on his first album Face Value, which was released on February 13, about two and a half years before Doomsday.

My mother would certainly be pleased that this song still would be available somewhere in this reality.

My mother would certainly be pleased that this song still would be available somewhere in this reality.
I love this song! Such a classic. It will definitely be played as some sort of pre-DD nostalgia.

Well, the song did come out two years before Doomsday, so it would still be available to listen to once electricity get returned to service.
I love this song! Such a classic. It will definitely be played as some sort of pre-DD nostalgia.
Yeah, me too. Thank you Dad for introducing me to classic rock!

Agreed. Most song produced before the events of Doomsday will be played as a sort of pre-Doomsday nostalgia as a reminder from before the world went to Hell on the night of September 25-26, 1983. I remember several articles for nations over on the alternate history wiki about some survivor states having radio stations that play pre-Doomsday music.

KTUL News 8 Tulsa September 25,1983
5 PM News,airing less than 2 Hours before the start of Doomsday
Yet Oklahoma is relatively empty and mysterious in the post-Doomsday world:

I wonder how this tape would have survived and made its way out.

Yet Oklahoma is relatively empty and mysterious in the post-Doomsday world:

I wonder how this tape would have survived and made its way out.
True. Maybe someone from Stillwater got it so it survived. But you do have a good point.

Program from 1982 about new phenomenon of Cable TV that exploded in usage just before Doomsday:

A pity that cable TV got killed off in its infancy. Once TV service got restored in various areas, back to antenna and only a few channels.
--------------------

The final American Top 40 hits before Doomsday in the United States for music ending on the week of September 18-24, 1983.

The songs in decreasing order:

• 40: Cold Blooded by Rick James
  • 39: If Anyone Falls by Stevie Nicks
  • 38: It's a Mistake by Men Down Under
  • 37: It Must be Love by Madness
  • 36: Sitting at the Wheel by The Moody Blues
  • 35: Suddenly Last Summer by The Motels
  • 34: Don't Forget to Dance by The Kinks
  • 33: Lady Love Me by George Benson
  • 32: Don't You Get So Mad by Jeffrey Osbourne
  • 31: Tonight I Celebrate My Love by Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack
  • 30: Delirious by Prince
  • 29: Big Log by Robert Plant
  • 28: Tell Her No by Juice Newton
  • 27: (Keep Feeling) Fascination by The Human League
  • 26: Kiss the Bride by Elton John
  • 25: Telefone by Sheena Easton
  • 24: Human Touch by Rick Springfield
  • 23: Burning Down the House by The Talking Heads
  • 22: Dead Giveaway by Shalamar
  • 21: One Thing Leads to Another by The Fixx
  • 20: I'll Tumble 4 Ya by Culture Club
  • 19: Lawyers in Love by Jackson Browne
  • 18: She Works Hard For the Money by Donna Summer
  • 17: Islands in the Stream by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton
  • 16: How Am I Suppose To Live Without You by Laura Branigan
  • 15: Every Breath You Take by The Police
  • 14: Promises, Promises by Naked Eyes
  • 13: True by Spandau Ballet
  • 12: Far From Over by Frank Stallone
  • 11: King of Pain by The Police
  • 10: Don't Cry by Asia
  • 9: Sexy and 17 by The Stray Cats
  • 8: Puttin' On the Ritz by Taco
  • 7: Human Touch by Michael Jackson
  • 6: Sweet Dreams by The Eurythmics
  • 5: Making Love Out of Nothing At All by Air Supply
  • 4: Maniac by Michael Sembello
  • 3: The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats
  • 2: Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler
  • 1: Tell Her About It by Billy Joel

Last edited:

The 1970s instruction film Protection in the Nuclear Age, which would be shown in classrooms and on television in the United States and Canada from the 1970s up until Doomsday in 1983.

The 1973 instructional film 11 Steps To Survival. It was produced by the The National Film Board of Canada for Emergency Planning Canada. The film would be shown in classrooms and on television throughout Canada from its creation in 1973 up until Doomsday in 1983.

Last edited: