Photo of a World Without World Wars

I created this forum to discuss the pop culture of a world without world wars

View attachment 674319
Famed Zanzibar-born operatic pop singer Frederick Bulsara, 2021 aged 75. Bulsara (born Farrokh Bulsara) gained fame in the 1970s for his operatic style, which combined Indian and Western musical influences. For this, he has been compared to other opera greats such as Luciano Pavarotti, with whom he occasionally toured and performed with. Bulsara now lives in London.
I'm wondering if anyone else caught this ;)
Right now I want to ride my bicycle, for some reason :)

This is kind of an amazing thing, it's really a shame that I don't have the creativity to create something like this
I'm not sure if it's that I don't have the creativity, or I just don't have the time... I always get caught up thinking "now, would this person even exist if...."
It's a nasty basket of snakes to open up :)
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a Dragon Attack I need to go deal with ;)

image (2).jpg

Current Newfoundland and Labrador Prime Minister Seamus O'Regan, pictured in an interview concerning his controversial economic policies, referred to by O'Regan's critics as "O'Reganomics". O'Regan, the first openly-gay party leader in Newfoundland's history, first rose to fame as a news anchor on the Newfoundland and Labrador Broadcasting Company's (NLBC) news show The Retriever.

The Ten Wars Decade (1933-1943)
IMG_20210907_111340.jpg

Clockwise: Haile Selassie with Red Cross members during the Second Italo-Ethiopian War; Spanish republican soldiers at the siege of the Alcázar during the Spanish Civil War; Russian troops transporting supplies in northern Norway during the Russo-Norwegian War, circa. 1941; Bulgarian invasion of southern Serbia during the Fourth Balkan War; Japanese bombing of a Chinese city during the Second Sino-Japanese War; Turkish troops along with civilians captured during the Turkish Civil War
The Decade of the Ten Wars, also known as The Waring Thirties or The Lost Decade, was a series of conflicts that took place in the 1930s and early 1940s. Many factors have been attributed to what was the longest period of war since the Middle Ages, but it has largely been I accept that the main cause was the immense tension between the nations of the time. Often considered miraculous, one or more of the wars during that time did not turn into a broader conflict.
The beginnings of this period come from the end of the 19th century, with the creation of a complex system of alliances in Europe caused by the rivalry of European nations, the main ones being the Entente Cordiale formed by the United Kingdom, Russia and France (until 1921) and the Trirplice Alliance formed by Germany, Austria and Italy.
The official beginning of the period is on December 31, 1932 with the Financial Crisis of 1932, the recession, although not so great, affected the life of the general population that had long been accustomed to the continued prosperity of the Belle Epoque, the New York's stock market crash caused a snowball effect that brought down most global economies.
The country most affected by the "32's Recession" was the United States, the crisis generated poverty and hunger throughout the country, something aggravated by the ineffective policies of President Herbert Hoover who believed that the state should not intervene in the economy under any circumstances, and that the economy would "fix itself", its ineffective policy was reflected in the Republican party, which for the first time in 70 years lost an overwhelming majority during the 1936 presidential election with Democrat Huey Long's victory over Republican Alf Landon.
The name "Decade of the 10 Wars" comes from a series of wars during the period between 1933 and 1943 although it only officially ended in 1947

Second Italo-Ethiopian War (1935-1936)
1631033047718.png

Italian artillery in Tembien
Date:October 3,1935 to July 9, 1936
Result; Military Victory of Italy and Diplomatic Victory of Ethiopia
Territorial Changes: Ethiopia hosts the disputed territories in the west and north for Italy but preserves its independence
Belligerents:
  • Ethiopia
Material Support:
  • United Kingdom
  • Russian Empire
  • Kingdom of Egypt
----------------------------------------------------
  • Italy
  • Italian Eritreia
  • Italian Somalia
  • Italian Lybia
Material Support:
  • German Empire
  • Danubian Federation
Romanian Civil War (1935-1938)
1631033747795.png

Sephardic temple in Bucharest after being looted and burned in 1937
Date: October 22, 1935 to November 12, 1938
Result: Iron Legion Victory
Territory Changes: Loss of Drobuja Region to Bulgaria
Belligerents:
  • Iron legion
---------------------------------------------------
Royalist Forces:
  • Romanian government
  • Romanian Front
Chōsen Rebellion (1936)
1631037787516.png

Chōsen Volunteers (1936)
Date: April 19, 1936 to May 22, 1936
Result: Japanese victory
Belligerents
Chōsen rebels
------------------------------------------------ - -
Japanese Empire
Spanish Civil War(1936-1939)
1631034879064.png
1631035184275.png

Right: Children take refuge during the royalist bombing of Madrid (1936–1937).
Left: Only known photo of the Execution of former King Alfonso XIII and some of his supporters by Anarchists of Catalonia on May 5, 1937

Date: July 17, 1936 to April 1, 1939
Result: Monarchist Victory
  • End of the Second Spanish Republic
  • Reinstatement of the Kingdom of Spain under the rule of Javier I of Bourbon-Parma
  • Postwar guerrillas
Territory Changes: Loss of the Olivença Region to Portugal
Belligerents
Monarchists
  • Spanish Monarchist Front
  • Carlists (Joined the Monarchist Front ap of Spain on June 1, 1937)
  • Papist Volunteers
  • Italy
  • Germany
  • Danubian Federation
  • International Volunteers
------------------------------------------------- --
Republicans
  • People's Army
  • Popular Front of Spain
  • Galicia Republican Front
  • Anarchist Front of Catalonia
  • International Volunteers
Turkish Civil War(1936-1944)
1631041488150.png

Greek troops enter Contantinople
Date: September 24, 1936 to June 30, 1944
Result:
Fall of the ottoman empire
Establishment of the Republic of Turkey
Greek Annexation of Constantinople, Western Anatolia and Pontus
Russian annexation of Eastern Anatolia
Recognition of the Independences of the Arab Federation, Republic of Kurdistan, Republic of Lebanon and the British Protectorate of Judea
Belligerents
  • Ottoman Empire
  • Government of Constantinople
------------------------------------------------- -
  • Young Turks
  • Ankara Government
  • Arab Rebels
  • Kurds Rebels
Material Support:
  • British Empire
  • Russian Empire
  • Kingdom of greece
Material Support:
  • British Empire
  • Russian Empire
  • Jewish-Palestinian Front
Material Support:
  • British Empire
  • Russian Empire
Iranian Civil War(1937-1940)
1631039443930.png

Reza Pahvali and his supporters in 1937
Date: December 21, 1936 to June 30, 1940
Result: Decisive Victory of the Pahlavi Dynasty
  • Fall of the Qajar Dynasty
  • End of Russian-British Occupation in Iran
Belligerents
  • Qajar Dynasty
  • Russian Expeditionary Force
  • British Raj Expeditionary Force
Material Support:
  • British Empire
  • Russia
------------------------------------------------ - -
  • Pahlavi Dynasty
  • Germany
  • Danubian Federation
  • Italy
Fouth Anglo-Afghan War (1938)
1631045119776.png

Soldiers in action at Kohat during the Fourth Anglo-Afghan Wa
Date: April 30, 1938 to July 21, 1938
Northwest Border of British India and Afghanistan
Result:
British tactical victory
British strategic victory with the reaffirmation of the Durand Line as a border
Afghan diplomatic victory and Afghan independence with full sovereignty in foreign affairs.
Belligerents
  • Afghanistan
  • ------------------------------------------------- -
  • British Empire
  • British Raj
Fourth Balkans War (1940-1942)
1631045688365.png

Bulgarian Invasion of Southern Serbia in April 1941
Date: August 16, 1940 to January 10, 1942
Result:
Bulgarian victory
End of the Iron Legion Regime in Romania
Reinstatement of Georg I Obrenevic as King of Serbia
Belligerents
  • Tsardom of Bulgaria
  • Principality of Albania
  • Kingdom of Romania (As of December 1, 1941)
Material Support:
  • Germany
  • Danubian Federation
  • Italy
  • ------------------------------------------------- -
  • Kingdom of Serbia
  • Kingdom of Romania (August 1940 to December 1st 1941)
  • Iron Guard (As of December 1, 1941)

Last edited:
Russian-Norwegian War/ Svalbard War/Winter War (1940-1941)
1631046907963.png

Russian troops transporting supplies in Northern Norway, circa. 1940
Date: October 30, 1940 to March 20, 1941
Result:
Russian Tactical Victory
Swedish-Norwegian Diplomatic Victory
Creation of the Svalbard International Zone
Belligerents
  • Russian Empire
Material Support:
  • United Kingdom
  • Kingdom of Norway
  • Kingdom of Sweden (As of January 19, 1941)
Material Support:
  • Germany
  • Danubian Federation
  • Italy
Irish Civil War
1636310136052.png

IPF soldiers armed with machine guns aboard a ship on the west coast of Ireland, November 1940
Date: July 30, 1940 to September 20, 1941
Result:
Pro-Dominion victory
Defeat of the nationalists
Belligerents
  • United Kingdom of Great Britain
  • Dominion of Ireland
  • Irish Nationalists
  • IPF (Irish Patriotic Front)

Last edited:
Damn thats pretty good cant wait to see more of your descriptions of wars or maybe elections in thjs thread

mspence

Banned
1632461888432.png

Brochure for the International Assembly, successor to the League of Nations, with its headquarters on Navy Island, New York

United Nations.jpg

Final design for the International Assembly headquarters adopted in 1961

mspence

Banned
1632462658873.png

Al Smith, 1941-1944, Huey Long's chosen successor at the 1940 Democratic convention after it became deadlocked between Smith and California governor Sinclair Lewis. Lewis became Smith's VP & successor following his death in 1944.
Sinclair.jpg

Sinclair Lewis, 1944-1949

1632462185451.png

Robert Taft, US President, 1949-1953
1632462265383.png

Adlai Stevenson II, US President 1953-1961

Stevenson's presidency was marked by civil rights legislation, which was passed by the end of his second term.

Last edited:
1632462798826.png

King Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja of Mysore during his wedding in the year 2016. Mysore remained as an independent kingdom even after india's independence in the year 1961. Mysore has good relationship with the neighbouring indian state and also the king finished his degree in the city of bangalore which was only 30 kms from the border of the kingdom.

1632463146951.png

K Chandrashekara Rao , the president of the republic of Telangana. Though the kingdom of Hyderabad remained independent, there was a revolution against the last Nizam which overthrew the monarchy establishing a democratically elected government with the president as the head of the state.

1632463491075.png

Moolam Thirunal Rama Varma VI of the Kingdom of Thiruvithamkur (Travencore) in his traditional attire and sword. Thiruvithamkur remained independent but made a peaceful transition to constitutional monarchy in the year 1971.

1632464004529.png

V S Achuthanandan, prime minister of Thiruvithamkur
1632463753193.png

K muraleedharan, the prime minister of republic of Kochi. Though Travencore wanted Kochi to join them, they were refused and Kochi remained independent. It the smallest of the countries in Indian subcontinent.

Attachments

• 1632464074641.png
    1632464074641.png
    415.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
1632495596137.png

Georg I in 1925, training shooting
Georg I Obrenovic (March 1890–July 2, 1960) born Obren Christich was the natural son of King Milan I of Serbia and his Greek mistress Artemisia Hristić (born Joanides). After the regicide of his half-brother, King Alexander, in 1903, George became a candidate for the Serbian throne in opposition to the new king, Pedro I Karadordevic

After the Third Balkan War in 1916, Bulgaria under Austria-Hungary overthrew the Karađorđević dynasty and re-established the Obrenović Dynasty as a puppet Kingdom of Serbia, Georg was then established as king of Serbia and guaranteed a marriage to the Archduchess Hedwig of Austria, granddaughter of Kaiser Franz Joseph I

Hated by the nationalists and the Serbs from the beginning, who saw him as just a puppet of Vienna, Georg tried his best to be a good king, and to ensure that Serbia was truly an ally of Austria and not a puppet, Georg also helped to restructure Serbia after the war; his first reign (1916-1934) was very troubled, having suffered five different assassination attempts, one of which in 1925 caused him to lose the movement of his left arm.

With the beginning of the Financial Crisis of 1932, a wave of Nationalism hit Serbia, starting a series of attacks against members of the government, pro-Georg military and sympathizers, to try to alleviate the situation, the king called for new elections in December 1933, something who turned out to be shot in the foot when the National Servio Party won a majority in parliament and General Petar Živković (who had participated in the assassination of King Alexander I in 1903) became the new prime minister.

From this moment it became a countdown until the king was deposed, in favor of the restoration of the Karadordevic Dynasty, in fear of a repeat of the May 1903 Coup, and his assassination, the King, Queen, Crown Prince Milan, Principe Alexandre, and Princess Natalia were secretly evacuated to Danubia, leaving only Georg I's letter of abdication behind, after crossing the Danubia and Serbia border and reaching Saravejo the Familia Obrenovic was welcomed in Vienna by Kaiser Franz Ferdinand where he would spend the next eight years in exile.
1632493062540.png

Alexander I newly crowned in 1934
Alexander II Karadordevic (December 16, 1888 to August 24, 1953), was King of Serbia from 1934 to 1942. He was established as king after the forced abdication and flight of Georg I Obrenovic and acclaimed by the new nationalist government, his eight-year reign was characterized by nationalism, militarization, conflicts with Bulgaria and Danubia, and the creation of the Belgrade-Bucharest Axis, in August 1940 Serbia and Romania launched a surprise invasion of Bulgaria with the aim of retaking their former territories in Northern Macedonia and Dobruja, despite the optimistic start of the invasion with Serbo-Romanian forces reaching about 10 kilometers from Sofia in February 1941, the military situation soon developed against the Axis, a coup d'état in Romania on December 1st, the situation only worsened. When Bulgarian troops invaded Belgrade in January 1942, Alexander II tried to flee to France through Albania, but was captured by Prince William's troops.
Despite the desire for him to be executed, Alexander managed to ensure his survival after cooperating with the Bulgarian forces, Alexander was deposed and briefly imprisoned in Bulgaria before being sent into exile in Danubia where he remained under house arrest on a farm in Bohemia for the rest of your life. By decree of the restored King Georg I, the reign of Alexander II is considered Illegitimate, a position that continues to this day.
1632489047705.png

Georg I Obrenovic in his last years
After the end of the Fourth Balkan War in 1942, Georg was restored as king of Serbia and declared the reign of Alexander II as illegal, his first years after the restoration were very troubled as nationalism in Serbia was still very strong in 1948 a bombing and attempted coup d'etat led to military intervention and the rise of a military dictatorship in Serbia (1948-1970) despite being against the repressive and authoritarian actions of the new government, Georg knew this was necessary for prevent Serbia from falling into civil war
During his reign Danubia's influence in Serbia's internal affairs finally ended, although their alliance continues to this day, another important point was the modernization of the Serbia during the 1950s, which increased the king's popularity beyond the repeal of the anti-Semitist legislature in 1954.
In 1955 the king suffered one last assassination attempt that put him in a wheelchair and started a regency under Prince Milan. Georg died on December 16, 1960, at the age of 70 of tuberculosis accelerated by the 1955 attack

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Just a reminder of the THREE IMAGE per day rule.

Don't post too many images that are not related to alternate history. Specifically, in the off-topic forums such as Chat and Non-Political Chat, post at most three images per thread per day. It doesn't matter whether the images are attachments or just links. (For alternate history images, be reasonable. Don't post more images than text, except in threads dedicated to images such as maps or flags).

Note that the exception is for maps and flags.

Just a reminder of the THREE IMAGE per day rule.

Don't post too many images that are not related to alternate history. Specifically, in the off-topic forums such as Chat and Non-Political Chat, post at most three images per thread per day. It doesn't matter whether the images are attachments or just links. (For alternate history images, be reasonable. Don't post more images than text, except in threads dedicated to images such as maps or flags).

Note that the exception is for maps and flags.
Sorry about that.

Does anyone have any idea how the lack of World War I might influence the 1914 Conclave?

Not sure if it affect with any way. If OTL candidate is still elected Benedict XV probably lives bit longer when there is not stress caused by WW1 and him has better rleationship with France.

Not sure if it affect with any way. If OTL candidate is still elected Benedict XV probably lives bit longer when there is not stress caused by WW1 and him has better rleationship with France.
Some cardinals did not make it to Rome in time for the conclave, perhaps without the first world war the other cardinals would be willing to wait a few more days for the other cardinals to arrive as there would be no question of whether the church should take sides in the war or not