Photo of a World Without World Wars

Mobster is a Senator in New York?
Now I know am Dreaming 🤣
Of course, I got this idea from a special NRC series about a world without world wars (it's here)

According to them:
"Without World War I, progressives continue their push for national prohibition, but fail because there is no anti-German (brewers) craze or war effort shortage of grains that are used in alcohol production. The vote Congressional final on the 18th Amendment proposal was barely defeated. As a result, there is no reason for Al Capone to move to Chicago to start his smuggling and prostitution rings. Capone remains in New York where he is appointed judge and eventually elected for the US Senate"
— Kathleen Jackson

I thought it would be a really good idea and posted it.

1646685005292.png

Abbas II Helmi Bay (14 July 1874 – 25 July 1914) was a Khedive (Ottoman viceroy) of Egypt and Sudan, ruling from 8 January 1892 until his assassination on 25 July 1914
Abbas II became very hostile to the British as his reign approached, and in 1911 he was deemed by Lord Kitchener a "wicked little Khedive" worthy of deposition.
In 1914, during a visit to Constantinople, he was assassinated and succeeded by his 15-year-old son Muhammad Abdul Moneim; the British, occupying Egypt since 1882 while still nominally part of the Ottoman Empire, continued to exert their influence during the regency, and the death of the late Khedive weakened the Egyptian nationalist movement for a few decades.

How about in the late 2000s, Female and Male Fashion have a 1920s or 1950s OTL style
An interesting idea, however I wanted to get a bigger idea of fashion from the 70s to 80s, what do you think could happen in these decades I have a vague idea of what to do in the 80s, but I have no idea what to do in 70's, maybe a Victorian or Edwardian Revival

I wanted to get a bigger idea of fashion from the 70s to 80s, what do you think could happen in these decades I have a vague idea of what to do in the 80s, but I have no idea what to do in 70's, maybe a Victorian or Edwardian Revival
Maybe in the 70s and into 80s. I Propose that a Mixed of Victorian/Edwardian fashion with the Blend 1920s or 1940s style of Influences to make More Unique Fashion Styles.

Also their Fashion Styles may Liberalize in Late 1970s and Definitely in the 1980s, but Not but As Liberalization in Women Fashion than ourl Otl.

View attachment 723864
Al Capone, was a judge and later elected senator from the state of New York between 1940 and 1960
One good hit deserves another:

JC1.jpg

On June 28, 1971, Colombo was shot three times by Jerome A. Johnson, with one bullet hitting him in the head, at the second Italian Unity Day rally in Columbus Circle sponsored by the Italian-American Civil Rights League; Johnson was immediately killed by Colombo's bodyguards.

The Italian-American Civil Rights League (IACL) turned its attention to what it perceived as cultural slights against Italian-Americans, using boycott threats to force Alka-Seltzer and the Ford Motor Company to withdraw television commercials the league objected to. Another group success was that U.S. Attorney General John Mitchell ordered the U.S. Justice Department to stop using the word "Mafia" in official documents and press releases. The league also secured an agreement from Albert S. Ruddy, the producer of The Godfather, to omit the terms "Mafia" and "cosa nostra" from the film's dialogue, The League strong-armed merchants and residents in Little Italy to purchase and display league decals opposing the film. The League threatened to shut down the Teamsters, which included the truckers, drivers, and crew members who were essential to making the film. The IACRL boycotted the Ford Motor Company because of its sponsorship of the television show The F.B.I. and its negative references to Italian-Americans as gangsters.

Maybe in the 70s and into 80s. I Propose that a Mixed of Victorian/Edwardian fashion with the Blend 1920s or 1940s style of Influences to make More Unique Fashion Styles.

Also their Fashion Styles may Liberalize in Late 1970s and Definitely in the 1980s, but Not but As Liberalization in Women Fashion than ourl Otl.
How did it happen in OTl 1920s?

Sorry, I meant to ask like what happened in the 1920's OTL
I'm referring to the little liberalization of women's fashion that happened in the 1920s in OTL
Well that WW1 changed the roles of Women by spending to Factory and gifting Fashion a bit more Liberating by some skin than the Previous generation

So we have for the 70s/80s fashion:
Victorian/Edwardian revival
Women's clothing liberalization in the late 70's/early 80's
Influence of the 20s and 40s
Something like that?
1646854950729.png

IMG_20220309_170216.jpg

1646854965693.png

What about the fashion of the 90s, 2000s and 2010s?

Last edited:
Consider that no one has mentioned this type of event:

Getty-3349764-7216533.jpg

Good Friday Bombing : A man with an Irish accent telephoned the Press Association with a warning given just six minutes before the device exploded. London police said a recognised IRA codeword was given. The bomb exploded in a corner of Westminster Hall at about 08:30 am on 18 April 1998. The IRA in a telephoned warning said it planted the bomb that weighed around 20 lb (9.1 kg). The explosion is suspected to have damaged a gas main and a fire spread fast through the centuries-old hall in one of Britain's most security-tight buildings. An annex housing a canteen and a number of offices was destroyed, but the great hall itself received only light damage. The attack signaled the start of a renewed IRA bombing campaign on Britain that was to last until late 1998 and was to claim the lives of dozens of people. The most notorious attacks of the bombing campaign were the Guildford pub bombings in October 1997 that killed five and injured 60, and the Birmingham pub bombings of November 1997, which killed 21 people and injured 180.[

Yeah!! Just like that and What about the 1990s until 2010s Fashion tread? I have no clue
Well maybe the 90's will go the same way as the fashion of the 80's and 90's, with some influence from the 1910's and 1950's, and other things more OTL 1950's and 1980's that would make the style more unique, maybe there could be a titanic era revival after Titanic was released in 1997, this could be a big influence for the 2000s, when the 2010s, maybe something like OTL late 10s/early 20s (1917-1922)
Could it be something like this?
IMG_20220310_095436.jpg

1990s
IMG_20220310_095516.jpg

2000s
IMG_20220310_095605.jpg

2010s

Last edited:
Well maybe the 90's will go the same way as the fashion of the 80's and 90's, with some influence from the 1910's and 1950's, and other things more OTL 1950's and 1980's that would make the style more unique, maybe there could be a titanic era revival after Titanic was released in 1997, this could be a big influence for the 2000s, when the 2010s, maybe something like OTL late 10s/early 20s (1917-1922)
Could it be something like this?
View attachment 724936
1990s
View attachment 724937
2000s
View attachment 724938
2010s

I know that the world is somewhat more conservative and that without women in the workforce during the world wars, the feminist movement in the west stalled. But I think we can go a bit crazier as you did in the 1950s.

I like the idea of the 90s having an Edwardian revival (Titanic / Downton Abby style). However, we must take into account new developments in materials and couture and the ongoing liberalization from the 1980s. Things like accessories and hairstyles would also change (trying picture OTLs 90s hairstyles with this fashion).

I'd go big and gaudy in the late 90s early 2000s. Think the trends of OTLs 1980s but building off what we have here. Followed by a big rejection of this trend in the 2010s It is just going to be very difficult to find pics of these non-existent styles.

I know that the world is somewhat more conservative and that without women in the workforce during the world wars, the feminist movement in the west stalled. But I think we can go a bit crazier as you did in the 1950s.

I like the idea of the 90s having an Edwardian revival (Titanic / Downton Abby style). However, we must take into account new developments in materials and couture and the ongoing liberalization from the 1980s. Things like accessories and hairstyles would also change (trying picture OTLs 90s hairstyles with this fashion).

I'd go big and gaudy in the late 90s early 2000s. Think the trends of OTLs 1980s but building off what we have here. Followed by a big rejection of this trend in the 2010s It is just going to be very difficult to find pics of these non-existent styles.
Dude, did you read my mind or something? that's exactly what i was thinking.
I was basically doing a sort of "cycle of opulence" so to speak, basically every 40 years the fashion style would become extremely flamboyant and opulent for a decade and then suddenly become simple and minimalist for the next decade.
I decided this after seeing a video of the evolution of fashion in the 19th century, in the 1830s fashion was extremely extravagant, dresses with huge sleeves and skirts, giant hats, lots of decorations on the dresses and etc, then suddenly after Queen Victoria rose to the throne fashion became simple and minimalist, while modesty prevailed in the 1840s.
something similar happened in the 1870s, fashion was extremely opulent, with huge skirts, extravagant hair, crinolettes and etc, so at the end of the decade the same thing happened as in 1830, fashion became simple and minimalist and it stayed that way for the rest from the 1880s.
This was happening in the 1910s, but it was interrupted by the war, in TTL I decided to continue this "cycle", in the 1910s we have an extremely extravagant and opulent style that evolves into a simpler style during the 1920s, the same thing happens in the 50's and 60's, and I was planning to do it in the 90's and 2000's