"Phil won't leave his room" - A Doctor Who Production History

Some questions for your Sherlock Holmes series:
1. Who are the creator and composer?
2. Is it alright if I do some castings for the guest characters? (i.e. Charles Milverton, Irene Adler etc.)

Borrowing from the roughly contemporaneous Cribb, producer Peter Eckersley and composer Derek Hilton (who composed some amazing themes for Granada).

Broadly yes, but I know the other day I had some idea for the TL that involved the casting of Milverton and I can't remember who now. Will have a good think on that one.

Borrowing from the roughly contemporaneous Cribb, producer Peter Eckersley and composer Derek Hilton (who composed some amazing themes for Granada).

Broadly yes, but I know the other day I had some idea for the TL that involved the casting of Milverton and I can't remember who now. Will have a good think on that one.
Thanks.

How about this?
Philip Madoc as Colonel Sebastian Moran
William Simons as Inspector Athelney Jones
Nicholas Lyndhurst as Inspector Stanley Hopkins
Michael Sheard as Inspector Tobias Gregson
Iain Cuthbertson as Shinwell "Porky" Johnson
(more to come as I think of them)

Those sound fine, but Lyndhurst is going to be a bit young. The series starts in 1979 and Lyndhurst was born in 1961.

Egan sounds good. Richard Everitt from Strangers, maybe, though if you want to browse through Granada producers for another name, go ahead.

I can imagine a version of Spare Parts with him as the lead. The Doctor on his final life, witnesses the genesis of one of his darkest foes, and knows he cannot alter the outcome. I imagine his stories would be sobering and contemplative.

I think as Heston's casting nearly derailed the Amblin deal, he's not going to be asked back for the 90s radio shows, but you're right about him cropping in spinoff fiction.