Peshawar Lancers Redux: Kingdom of Hawaii Revised

Many were shocked by the assassination attempts. This was something that had never happen in the Kingdom before. However, the current director of the Royal Hawaiian Intelligence Agency had recently received a report indicating the rise of extremely violent groups. These groups seemed to be supporting two Political Philosophies one was an extreme leftist Socialist position and the other appeared to be an Anarchist position opposing any government. Major General Christopher Wilcox,who had previously served as Prime Minister and had been appointed to the post by the King believed that the Kings's intervention might have triggered action by both of the groups in the Kingdom of Hawaii . He briefed the Cabinet and Deputy Prime Minister George Kamehameha on the matter. He was also working with the Royal Hawaiian Constabulary and the Royal Hawaiian Secret Service to eliminate the threat throughout the Kingdom. He was also working with the British and Austro-German Intelligence Service.
The Royal Hawaiian Constabulary acting with local police units throughout the Kingdom began a massive manhunt to find those responsible for the attacks. Arrest were made and more evidence was gathered. The Royal Hawaiian Intelligence Agency tracked people involved overseas and worked in many cases with governments to root out these people. Where there was no co-operation the service took actions including smuggling them out of the country.
James De Otero, Hawaii's Secretary of State and acting Prime Minister Submitted his resignation to the Deputy Prime Minister George Kamehameha and the King. George had been acting Prime Minister since the Assassination attempt. He appointed Richard Neufro the Deputy Secretary of State as the new Secretary of State. The House acting upon intelligence from the Royal Hawaiian Constabulary moved to impeach and expell 6 members of the House. Said members were going to be arrested for being involved in plots against the Government and the Monarchy.
The new Hawaiian Secretary of State flew to India to meet with the British Foreign Minister and from there he would head to Australia where he would meet with both the Australian and New Zealand Prime Ministers.
The Kingdom prepared for new elections to be held in the Summer of 1923. The assassination attacks had delayed it but now with the recovery of the King plans were moving forward to return to having a new elected government.James De Otero had retired from government service and would not run for elected office. He was however going to run the Reform Liberal Party's Campaign. His son Peter was running for a seat. . The Old Liberal Party had shrunk and had changed its name to the Labor Party.John Dumstead was leading the party in an attempt to put itself on a path to power. The party was to the left of the reform Liberal Party. Experts believed that it might win 50-60 seats. The Reform Liberal Party was said to be looking at winning 60-70 seats but it was the National Conservatives that looked like it would win 210-240 seats.
George Campaigned Hard not just in his district put in a variety of parts of the Kingdom. He traveled to Samoa, Tahiti, Guam and a number of other places. He set a record for visiting the most districts during an election cycle. The last person to do that was when his father ran for Prime Minister the second time. The Press believed that as a result of his campaigning the National Conservatives would gain a lot of seats and keep the Labor Party down to just 50 seats. Thus the Reform Liberal Party won 68 seats, Labor 50 and the National Conservatives took 242 seats. For George it was an outstanding victory. He would be looking at the cabinet and expected to make a few changes. On the National Security side he informed General Wilcox that he wouls be grateful if he would remain at his post at the Royal Hawaiian Intelligence Agency. His Older Brother agreed to serve another 4 years as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs but his brother Charles had already informed him that he would be leaving as soon as a replacement could be confirmed by the house. He had recommended Patrick Dillon an Investment Banker as his replacement.
The new government was looking to make some course corrections. The Royal Hawaiian Armed forces needed some improvements. It was asking for some research funds to test flight in what was being referred to as an aeroplane.
Technology in some respects was running behind. The aeroplane aka airplane had not yet come about. The Wright Brothers had finally managed to test fly something in 1920 but it would be some time before anything resembling a WWI plane would make an appearance and decades before the Airship might face any real challenge.
Admiral William Kamehameha II had two of his sons at the Naval Academy. William Kamehameha III was a Junior at the Academy and would graduate in 1925. His younger brother Mark was a Freshman at the academy and had an interest in Aviation. His desire was to join the Naval Air Service. Kathleen Mary Kamehameha would be attending the University of Hawaii next fall. The Admiral was expecting that he would retire in 1928 and would then serve in the Upper House as he had inherited his father's title of Duke William's brother Charles had been knighted by the King for his service to Hawaii . He was currently running the Royal Bank of Hawaii founded by Charles Bishop
The Admiral had a family meeting at the Kamehameha Estate. It was the first time that all of the children had been back in Hawaii. The Admiral had 4 brothers and three sisters and then there were the children. He had spoken to Charles who was married to a Tahitian and thus giving his branch of the family a French Polynesian influence. He like his late father was married to a woman that was Irish but brother George was married to the daughter of Charles Bishop's adopted son.. His wifee couldn't wait for him to retire because she wanted to return to Ireland for at least a two month stay.
The Hawaiian King's son Crown Prince Edward Thomas celebrated his 5th birthday in the upcoming year of 1925. The King had been concern that the country would be changed and not for the better . But now despite the assassination attempt he felt that the country was back on track. However, that attempt had resulted in some health problems for the monarch. His doctors said that he had recovered but that they had some concerns. he was told not to over tired himself and not to over exercise. In private talks they were concern that the King might not live as long as he normally would have . With proper care he might live another 20-25 years at the most. No one was informed of this but the King planned to talk with the Prime Minister
The King had a private meeting with the Prime Minister and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Admiral William Kamehameha II. The Admiral was invited to the meeting by his brother and the King. William had been asked to attend because he had experience of being there when his father went through a crisis similar. In addition the Admiral was a lawyer who knew a lot about the problems that might come about. He was expected to retire in 1928 and the King would then appoint him as both his National Security Advisor and Chief Legal Advisor.
The Prime Minister was about to submit a long term defense budget which would see the replacement of the old Battleships with new vessels over the next 10 years. Since Hawaii heavily depended upon the sea the Royal Hawaiian Navy would see the construction of a lot of new vessels. But both the Royal Hawaiian Marines and the Army would also see modernization, The Defense White Paper saw opposition from the Labor Party but the Reform Liberal Party thought that it was a reasonable Blueprint which could be adjusted to meet changing circumstances.