Peshawar Lancers Redux: Asia

The Republic of China was buying 6 Shark class convention powered submarines from the Kingdom of Hawaii. This was a conventional power version of the Whale class nuclear submarine
In 1970 Prime Minister Ito ordered the withdrawal of the 4 Imperial Japanese Army divisions from the Han Protectorate. The Divisions were redeployed to Manchuria greatly strengthening the Imperial forces defending the region. All that was left in the Han Protectorate were 3,000 support troops.
The Republic of China had been improving and modernizing its forces. The 12th Army group which defended Northwestern China to the Mongolian border region had gone from 1 corp of 2 Infantry divisions to 3 corps each of two divisions plus a sp artillery Bn , Independent tank Battalion , Engineer Bn and AAA bn. Each division had a tank battalion assigned to the division consisting of 54 SuperShermans armed with French Made 105mm gun and a recon tank company equipped with M-24. The Independent tank BN was equipped with ex US Army M-46 Patton I tanks.
The Republic of China's army had a mixture of old tanks and newer equipment. The Newer tanks included the American made M-47 and the M-48. The army had 216 M-47 tanks which were originally armed with with a 90mm gun but had been up gunned to take a new 105mm gun. The Army had 1620 M-48 A1/A2 armed with a 90mm gun and 540 M-48A-5 armed with a 105mm gun. In contrast the Han army had 450 Japanese made T-61 tanks armed with a 90mm gun. The T-61 resembled the American made M-47. The Han army also had 150 tank destroyers also armed with a 90mm gun
In a case of poor judgement and Miscalculation the commander of the VI Han Army Corp fired into territory belonging to the Republic of China. The ROC 8th and 40th Armies mounted a major counter stroke. Some 12 divisions of the Republics Army crushed the Han troops, American made F-100 Super Sabres flew air superiority missions crushing the Han air Force... Older propeller driver F-51 fighter bombers flew close support missions. The 1st and 2nd Nationalist Parachute divisions captured Shanghai. Japanese Civilians
were sent to Hong Kong were they could catch a flight to Japanese territory.
The Japanese government Ordered the landing of 3,000 of the New Japanese Imperial Marine Corp troops in the Shantung Peninsula . The Japanese Commander in chief ordered the turning over of 34 T-61 tanks to the Han Army as well as 18 Tank destroyers.
Nearly 1/3 of the Han territory had fallen the the Nationalist Chinese Army and it looked like at the very least 1/2 of the former Han Protectorate would soon be in the hands of the Republic of China. Six of the Han divisions had disintegration and four more had been merged together to form 2 divisions, Thus the Han Army had 6 divisions and had called up all reserves. The army was short on tanks, armored personal carriers and artillery. The amount of small arms ammo was put at 30 days. Unless Japan intervened the Han army would collapse in the next 2 weeks
The 1st Brigade of the 1st Imperial Japanese Armored division landed in the Shangtung Peninsula to support the Japanese Marine Brigade. Japanese forces had moved from Manchuria and occupied a position just south of Peking. Japan had made no move to engage the Chinese Army. But its moves had slowed the Nationalist thrust. More equipment had been given to the Han Army to replace loses.
With 60% of the Han Protectorate in the hands of the Army of the Republic of China a cease fire was declared at the uring of the Hawaiian,American and British Governments. The Japanese and Chinese delegation's agreed to meet in Singapore with the Hawaiian,American and British Secretaries of State and Foreign Ministers to attempt to hammer out an agreement. The cease fire lasted 48 hours before it broke down do to violations by the Han Military. After the Chinese conducted an offensive which resulted in now 70 % of the Original Han Protectorate in Chinese Hans a new cease fire went into effect and held fast. The Japanese threaten to withhold military supplies and refuse admittance to
Manchuria if the Hans started another conflict. A demarcation line was drawn. American and Hawaiian Peacekeepers were to be put in place to separate the parties
The Prime Minister and Army commander of the Han Protectorate were assassinated by agents of a group calling themselves the Peoples Liberation Front. Japanese Security services took control of the police and protected the acting Prime Minister. Nearly a Million Japanese citizens had left China and returned to Japan another 500,,000 had left for Manchuria. The Japanese Government had allowed 125,0000 Han refugees into Manchuria. All Japanese civilians were urged to leave the Han protectorate and those that were leaving left through the Shantung Peninsular. All travel by train or Motor vehicle to Manchuria was now forbidden by Japanese civilians.
A decision was reached that Japan would remove all forces out of the peninsular by June 1971. There was a talk that the Base in the Peninsular would be closed and turned over to the Republic of China in 1972. The Han Protectorate would cease to exist on July 1972.
Japanese citizens were leaving the Han Protectorate in a steady stream. Passenger ships and planes where leaving from the port and airport under the watchful eye of the Imperial Army or marines. Former Han officials and soldiers were being screened for approval to move to Manchuria . In contrast Japanese civilians were able to leave for either
Japan, Manchuria or Formosa.. Talks between the Republic of China and the Empire of Japan were ongoing. They were taking place in Hong Kong or Singapore.. The Hawaiians and Americans were mediating things and reports were that any problems encountered were minor. The Han Army was to be disarmed in June and it was already shrinking.
Peking the Japanese had deployed security forces around the former Imperial Capital and there was a local Police force to maintain order.
Japan's Foreign Minister traveled to Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand for talks on trade. Meanwhile the Japanese Prime Minister made a visit to India, the Philippines and the Netherlands East Indies. It was regarded as an outreach to other areas.
Major General Isito of the Imperial Japanese Army handed over control of the Last Japanese Military facility located in the former Han protectorate
Itwas receiced by Lt General Wong of the Republic of China III Army Group. Both countries showed every courtsey to the other in the hand over. Represatives from the US, Britain and Hawaii were present,
President Wu Sun became the first leader of the Republic of China to visit the Japanese homeland. It had all come about because the crisis over the Han Protectorate had been peacefully resolved. Relations between the two Asian powers were the best that they had ever been. Japan had been allowed to invest in China
Relations between the Republic of China and the Empire of Japan had improved considerably. The Chinese Government and the Empire were trying to deal with the board issue between the new boarder between China and the Manchurian Providence of Japan. The boarder was fortified and there were talks about opening one or two boarder crossing points to allow trade. Hainan Island continued to be an issue but Japan refused to return it to the Republic because it had 3.8 million Japanese citizens living there and only 200,000 ethnic Chinese.
The Republic of China and the Empire of Japan officially established embassies in one another capital thus ending the need to talk to one another in Hing Kong.. President Wu Sun traveled to London to have talks with the British regarding the Royal Crown Colony of Hong Kong. The talks would deal with the territory that the British had added to the Crown Colony as a result of The Fall. The Chinese Government was looking at a careful examination of the border with an eye to regaining some terriroty added to the colony.
The Royal Crown Colony of Hong Kong continued to be the most prosperous part of China. Its citizens considered themselves subjects of the Crown and not of the Republic. Currently there were two Brigades of the Kings Royal Hong Kong Troops > Six Battalions of them were made up of Hong Kong Chinese some of which were second or third generation severing in the Regiment
As a result of the visit there were talks between Britain and China over the border of the Royal Crown Colony. Britain agreed to adjust the border but there were some in the Chinese government that wanted Much more. The Chinese President however over rode the hard liners and accepted the compromise.
The British Government passed The Royal Crown Colony Governing Act of 1982. It reformed the government and set up a new Bicameral Legislature. There were now 36 members of the Upper House and the Hong Kong House of Commons consisted of 260 members who were elected by the people from districts. Only citizens of the colony could vote but that included British Citizens who were living in the district.
Charles Wong was elected as the Prime Minister of Hong Kong by the Hong Kong freedom Party. His party had the majority in the House of Delegates. Charles was born in the colony back in 1958 and had served in the Hong Kong Regiment and the Hong Kong Royal Constabulary before running for elective office.
The Government of Hong Kong set up an office in the British Capital to pay attention to legislation that would affect the colony. It would also lobby for money and funding for the colony.