Peshawar Lancers Redux: Asia

The new Secretary of State George Tusila arrived in Toyko for talks with the Imperial Prime Minister. He was attempting to straighten out the mess that had become relations between the two nations. With a lot of talk and explaination he managed to undo the problem that had arisen and iron out the differences. The result was the tariff wars were ended and things returned to a normal level between the two nations. Hawaii was still going to help China but it ashured the Rising Sun that it had not taken any position regarding Hainan Island. The island was home to 450,000 Japanese and 25,000 Chinese..
Prime Minister Shapeway had learned that he would have to consult with his team before promising anything to a foreign power. He reverse course regarding relations with Russia after a negative reaction from the Palace and the house.

With the Election in Hawaii there were a lot of changes.Hawaii's new Prime Minister reassured both the Empire of the Rising Sung and the Republic of China that Hawaii would continue to act as a friend to both. Hawaii's new Secretary of State was meeting with the representatives of both countries to iron out any problems with the Hainan Island. Hawaii stood by its plans to help develop the port of Macao . China was prepared to spend 150 million dollars on the project and Hawaiian companies were prepared to invest 50 million Hawaiian dollars in the project.

Hawaii's Prime Minister met with other Pacific leaders at a meeting in Manila. Present were the Prime Ministers from The Republic of China, Empire of the Rising Sun, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand , Britain and France.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Keep it up, Chris! :)
Next time you post this exact same this, without any actual real comments, you know, like you have done 118 times before (out of the total of 120 comments in this thread not made by the OP) if someone reports it as trolling, I'm going to believe them.

Next time you post this exact same this, without any actual real comments, you know, like you have done 118 times before (out of the total of 120 comments in this thread not made by the OP) if someone reports it as trolling, I'm going to believe them.
Only if the OP objects.
I don't see any harm in someone saying 'keep it up'. That kind of thing is a generic positive expression that most TL authors would enjoy.
Granted, it is weird, but doesn't trolling require malintent? I don't see any of that here. Just someone who for some godforsaken reason uses the exact wording over and over and an author who has not really commented directly about this?

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Only if the OP objects.
I don't see any harm in someone saying 'keep it up'. That kind of thing is a generic positive expression that most TL authors would enjoy.
Granted, it is weird, but doesn't trolling require malintent? I don't see any of that here. Just someone who for some godforsaken reason uses the exact wording over and over and an author who has not really commented directly about this?
Ah, another county heard from.

Outstanding idea would be to walk away.

The objective of Hawaii's Prime Minister was to reduce tensions between the Republic of China and the Empire of the Rising Sun. The recent problem regarding Macao had been worked out and there now seemed to be a spirit of co-operation between both Asian powers. The Republic of China did want a return of more of China to them from the Empire but was willing to talk about it rather than starting hostilities. The Hawaiian Prime Minister had spoken to both countries Prime Ministers at the Asian conference in Manila and had promised to visit both nations. She had spoken with the Australian and New Zealand PM about this seeking to reach a consensus on the China-Empire of the Rising Sun Problem

Sorry, it was meant as an encouragement. :(

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Sorry, it was meant as an encouragement. :(
118 times?

I'm all for encouraging writers (REALLY like feedback on my stuff as much as the next wannabe Martin), but the same comment every time? How about telling the author 'I like what you did there with XXXX" or "have you considered?".

Pretty much ever author I know or have communicated with likes feedback AND constructive comments. Helps improve the story and may ever spark an idea, if not for the current work, maybe one down the road.

118 times?

I'm all for encouraging writers (REALLY like feedback on my stuff as much as the next wannabe Martin), but the same comment every time? How about telling the author 'I like what you did there with XXXX" or "have you considered?".

Pretty much ever author I know or have communicated with likes feedback AND constructive comments. Helps improve the story and may ever spark an idea, if not for the current work, maybe one down the road.
I'll try to post more feedback. :(

The Empire of the Rising Sun was seeing some instability in two regions. Those regions were bordering the Republic of China and Mongolia. The Chinese government was doing nothing to encourage violence against the Empire and suggested dialog to resolve issues. The Empire felt that there were some Russians behind this.

The Most powerful Radio station in China was located in the Royal Crown Colony of Hong Kong. For those Chinese lucky enough to have a radio they were able to listen to Music, News and weather. The news and weather was broadcast in both English and Chinese.

Four Power Talks were held in Hong Kong to resolve some border issues between the Empire of the Rising Sun and the Republic of China. The Government of Hawaii and Great Britain hoped to resolve the issues. The Empire had agreed to withdraw from the Mainland opposite the island of Hainan but it appeared that the Chinese government wanted the return of the island.Hawaii pointed out that the compromise would see the Chinese regain total control of the coast from the Borders of the Crown Colony of Hong Kong to the French Indochina border. Eventually the Chinese agreed to the compromise. Talks were then begun regarding the Han Provinces of the Empire.

Things seemed to be on a reasonable track to having issues resoled without armed clashes between the two Asian Powers. However in 1936 the Empire of the Rising Sun had granted its part of China known as the Han Protectorate self rule. In 1938 the Imperial Government allowed the rasing of what was refereed to as the Han Army. The troops were equipped with Japanese weapons including small arms, Machine guns, Artillery and older tanks which were considered obsolete by the Imperial Army. The army was set at 3 Infantry divisions, 1 cavalry division and 1 tank division. In 1940 the army was expanded to 6 Infantry divisions, 2 cavalry and 1 armored Brigade.
When the Imperial Government turned over the Chinese territories bordering Mongolia to the Republic of China the Protectorate Prime Minister protested to Tokyo. It also Increased the size of the Han Army with the aid of sympathetic Generals in the Imperial forces so that by 1943 it had 12 Infantry divisions, 4 Cavalry divisions 4 armored Brigades,5 air defense Battalions and 2 independent artillery regiments. The Han Army was loyal to the Han Government and the Empire of the Rising Sun.

The Government of the Han Protectorate had no desire to be incorporated into the Republic of China. In fact statements by the Han Prime Minister did not contribute to an easing of tensions instead he just rubbed the leaders the leaders of the Republic the Wrong Way. The Republic of China exchanged letters with the Consulate of the Empire of the Rising Sun in Hong Kong. Both Britain and Hawaii attempted to calm things down.

The Imperial Government in Tokyo sent the new Commander of all Imperial forces in both the Han Protectorate and Manchuria to deliver a clear message to Han government to stop increasing tensions with the Republic of China. The Imperial government also ordered that additional forces be prepared to be sent to Han.

The arrival of the new Commander in Chief of the Imperial Army forces in Asia sent shock waves through the Han Political and military establishment. The commanding Officer made it clear that he followed orders from the Emperor. Everyone would follow the rules or heads would roll. He proceeded to fire several Generals and sent them to Manchuria , where they would be watched.

The commander of Imperial forces made it clear that the Han Protectorate was under no circumstances to start any conflict with the Republic of China. He was prepared to remove anyone regardless of their position who did not follow the directions from the Imperial Capital.