Pervez's map thread

Aegean Sea
Greece
Maritime boundaries
Territorial claims and demands
Turkey

Greek territorial waters in the Aegean extend to 6 nautical miles. Turkey has threatened war should they be extended to 12, as UNCLOS allows.

arton2048.jpg

I'm glad they're losing votes but worry that economic troubles might bring them back on top. It'll be many years before a union becomes realistic and a lot can happen in that time.

Are you Romanian by any chance?
Hmm no, just curious of foreign politics. :p
Bonus if there's constitutional issues.

2nd Yugoslavia
Aftermath of WWII

Britain

Croatia
Diplomacy
Italy
Julian March
London Memorandum
Military
Morgan Line
Paris Peace Treaties

Slovenia
Trieste

United States

The Morgan Line cut through the Free Territory of Trieste slightly south of the Interzonal Boundary; it's the indeterminate line, resulting from combining a dotted line with a dotted area. The postwar boundary is really the post-1947 one. In 1945-47 the whole Julian March was under Anglo-American (Zone A) and Yugoslav (Zone B) military administration. The western border of the region was not the same as the new Italo-Yugoslav border, as the map would suggest; Gorizia and possibly Monfalcone (I've never been able to determine with any certainty) were also included in Zone A. The Paris Peace Treaties (1947) dissolved the Julian March, granted most of it to Yugoslavia and some to Italy and created the Free Territory of Trieste, with the relevant section of the Morgan Line again dividing Anglo-American from Yugoslav military administration. The London Memorandum (1954) replaced these with Italian and Yugoslav civil administration, respectively, and transferred a few villages to the latter, hence the 2 boundaries. The Treaty of Osimo (1975) made the partition official and gave each country sovereignty over its zone.

Confini_Trieste-Istria.jpg

1920 Treaty of Rapallo
2nd Yugoslavia
Aftermath of WWI
Aftermath of WWII
Britain
Croatia

Diplomacy
First Yugoslavia

France
Italy
Julian March

Military
Morgan Line
Paris Peace Treaties

Slovenia
Soviet Union

Trieste
United States

I realize the map is small and difficult to read, so let me help you. I believe you can recognize lines 2, 3, 4, F and the northern section of line 1 by their description alone. The southern section of line 1 (and possibly the western border of the Julian March - see the previous post) is the dotted one that goes south of Udine. J and S are the ones that go deep into Italian territory. I is the one that grants Italy most of the Julian March. A and B follow the new border in the north and then partition Istria, with A being the line more favorable to Italy. Note of line F: I'm not sure if the original French proposal was meant to create a Free Territory of Trieste or grant all its land to Italy.

The map contains 2 errors:

1) The Treaty of Rapallo did not grant Fiume to Italy but joined it with neighboring Susak into a free state, which was dissolved 4 years later when Italy took the former city and Yugoslavia the latter.

2) Opatje selo/Opacchiasella, an exclave of Zone B within Zone A that can be seen on the previous map, is not shown.

julianmarch.JPG

Angola
Apartheid
Benguela Railway
Botswana
Cold War
Congo/Kinshasa
Frontline States
Guerrilla warfare
Malawi
Mozambique
Namibia
Railways
RENAMO
South-West Africa
South Africa
Swaziland
Tanzania
TAZARA
UNITA
Zaire
Zambia
Zimbabwe

MNR = RENAMO

1989.gif

Battle of Alma
Battle of Balaclava
Battle of Eupatoria
Battle of Inkerman
Battle of Sinop
Black Sea
Britain
Bulgaria
Crimea
Crimean War
France
Moldavia
Military
Ottoman Empire
Romania
Russia
Siege of Sevastopol
Turkey
Ukraine
Wallachia

image002a.jpg

2nd Polish Republic
Belarus
Czechoslovakia
Czech Republic
Danzig
Diplomacy
Dmowski Line
East Prussia
Ethnicity and religion
Germany
Interwar period
Kaliningrad
Latvia
Lithuania
Paris Peace Conference
Podolia
Poland
Pomerania
Regency Kingdom of Poland
Russia
Silesia
Slovakia
Teschen Silesia
Ukraine

Volhynia

The Dmowski Line assigned Poland all of Lithuania and Daugavpils in Latvia.

polishpop.jpg

I thought that Poles were the majority in the corridor? Or maybe they don't count Kashubians as Poles?

West Prussia as a whole had around 1,1 million Germans and 500 000(100 000 of them being Kashubians) Poles, the corridor itself had a Polish majority on the countryside and a German majority in the cities.

Apparently the territories given to Poland had roughly 40% Germans. (not including Posen/Silesia, of course)

Nietzsche

Banned
West Prussia as a whole had around 1,1 million Germans and 500 000(100 000 of them being Kashubians) Poles, the corridor itself had a Polish majority on the countryside and a German majority in the cities.

Apparently the territories given to Poland had roughly 40% Germans. (not including Posen/Silesia, of course)

This here. The number increases when you add German-speaking(or identifying) Poles, or Protestant Poles. (Both of those groups tended to fare better in Prussia-Germany than in Poland of any stripe).

Britain
Caucasian Campaign
Central Powers
Entente
Iran
Iraq
Kurdistan

Kuwait
Military
Mesopotamian Campaign
Ottoman Empire
Persian Campaign