Pen's Trashed/Scrapped Map thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Pen, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Pen A lot more down to earth now, I suppose.

Right, I don't post many maps on the map thread- because most of the time I scrap the maps. Here's an archive of them.

2. Threadmarks: Woe upon the Daeva

Pen A lot more down to earth now, I suppose.

Woe Upon the Daeva was one of the first maps I worked on after ditching my first timeline, An Alliance with the Shade. It showcased a world inspired by several SCPs, namely 4004 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-4004) and 140 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-140). It had a very similar focus to Wrong's proposal for SCP-001, however with a slight change- the Nazis, not Napoleon, were in power in Europe. The map was abandoned because of several factors- namely the lack of ideas for other areas of the planet and also my lack of skill when it comes to space filling empires. Cursed.png

HeX, Tethys00, Ulyanovsk and 2 others like this.
  3. Threadmarks: The Treaty of Hamburg: An Alliance with the Shade

Speaking of my first timeline, here's the map in all it's "glory". Yeah, I think it's safe to say I've improved- even WUTD was leagues better than this. The whole premise was rather cliche for the average AH.com user's infancy- yep, it was a Anglo-German wank. The premise (which was done with the ill-advised method of Finding a POD, not making one and then seeing where that leads) was the failure of the Entente Cordiale in 1904- which somehow lead to Germany netting the UK (even though logically that would lead to a neutral Britain). To be honest, I just really wanted to make a German wank. Alliance with the Shade 1936.png

4. Threadmarks: Memetic Kill Agent

upload_2019-12-1_17-52-5.png

Right, I made this in like April of 2018, which was when I first got a windows PC and could therefore begin doing mapping. I consider this my first map, and so let it be known I hold the title for the worst first map in existence. That blue isn't France, or the Angevins, by the way.

5. Tethys00 Mod of r/imaginarymaps Donor

Great Salt Lake City, The Republic of Deseret
    Do you mind if I use some of these colors?

6. Pen A lot more down to earth now, I suppose.

Germany is the only OC colour- and sure

7. Threadmarks: Kerensky's Kingdom: a Republican Russia

I didn't know much about turn-of-the-century Russian politics when I started this. The more I found out about it- the less enthusiastic I was about continuing. Note the OTL Russian Federation Autonomous Areas. 2019.png