PC/WI: Mary Tudor marries off Elizabeth?

Kaze

Banned
Elizabeth is the daughter of the couple who quite literally turned England upside down and moved heaven and earth to be together. I think she'd be quite happy to annul her marriage whether the Spanish liked it or not. Besides I suspect any foreign marriage for Elizabeth would end up causing another Wyatt's rebellion sort of thing. The English aren't going to want her being sent abroad.

Sending her abroad could be a recipe for disaster. All she have to do is leave her prospective fiance at the altar and go to a pro-protestant country and she would have an army for usurpation. Keeping her under house arrest keeps her from an army.

Sending her abroad could be a recipe for disaster. All she have to do is leave her prospective fiance at the altar and go to a pro-protestant country and she would have an army for usurpation. Keeping her under house arrest keeps her from an army.
Nobody will send her abroad. Philip and Mary’s list of candidates for Elizabeth will include exclusively some of their relatives (the Duke of Savoy who has lost his own lands to the French, the second and third son of HRE Ferdinand and the brother of the King of Portugal) who can be trusted and shipped in England.

Lord Maltravers - the earl of Arundel's son and heir - was also considered for a while. Said Lord was much liked by Felipe, who even employed him on diplomatic missions abroad. I wonder if the gentleman would be considered here?