PC : Slower russian advances in ww2, prussia (pomerania and silesia) turned into east germany.

so i did a thread a time ago about how to keep prussia german (which kinda goes nowhere). but i did find this thread right there. one of the comment interested me

How about something like this:?

Germany manages to win a couple of battle more against the Russians (the manage to capture Leningrad and or/Moscow or something like that). The Russians aren't defeated and manage to drive the Germans back out of Russia, but this costs them a lot of momentum. The Russian advance towards Germany is slowed considerably, so the western allies manage to capture a lot more of Germany. The only parts of Germany the Russians capture are East Prussia, Pommeren and Silesia, which the Russians turn into this timeline equivalent of East-Germany.. They don't give it to Poland as they don't want to expell all the Germans living in the Soviet occupied , because that would mean expelling them to American/British controlled territories. (The Poles may complain about the Soviet Union keeping their parts of Poland, but the Russians tell them that they mus be glad they still have a part of their country left.) The Czech republic becomes part of the western Allied zone and the Americans/British don't allow them to kick out the Germans living in Sudetenland.

so.... what do you think ?

It's more likely that in this scenario the soviets will simply expel all the remaining germans to Siberia and central asia as they did with alot of germans already.
The Soviet Union doesn't *need* a German puppet state, it's much more likely that they will bargain for a neutral Germany and annex the eastern territories as IOTL.

It's more likely that in this scenario the soviets will simply expel all the remaining germans to Siberia and central asia as they did with alot of germans already.
The Soviet Union doesn't *need* a German puppet state, it's much more likely that they will bargain for a neutral Germany and annex the eastern territories as IOTL.

1. why then they didn't do that to east germans

2. a german country in central asia is not something i need to know but now would absolutely love to read a tl about.

raharris1973

Gone Fishin'
I don't know that we can realistically expect the Western Allies to restrain the Czechs from expelling the Sudeten Germans.

In a scenario where the east-west divide is like it is in the quote, the Soviets might keep Germans and a 'Germany' east of the Oder-Neisse. Maybe as far as east Prussia. But they still don't have to. They could partition East Prussia with the Poles and just have Pomerania-Silesia be East Germany.

I don't know that we can realistically expect the Western Allies to restrain the Czechs from expelling the Sudeten Germans.

In a scenario where the east-west divide is like it is in the quote, the Soviets might keep Germans and a 'Germany' east of the Oder-Neisse. Maybe as far as east Prussia. But they still don't have to. They could partition East Prussia with the Poles and just have Pomerania-Silesia be East Germany.
i think in realistic situation east prussia could be that, polish and russian territory. maybe with german populace.

2. a german country in central asia is not something i need to know but now would absolutely love to read a tl about.
Because at the beginning Germany was supposed to be a united neutral country, only later they created east Germany as a puppet.

That's A LOT of Germans. It might be easier to take bikini bottom and push it somewhere else.

If your question is primarily not exactly a "what if" and more of a "how can we keep prussia German," there's other ways.

Prevent Yalta and have Germany push the red army past Stalingrad and Moscow before it gets turned around. Have the allies push on and have Germany surrender exclusively to them once Berlin is taken while he Soviets are in the process of retaking Minsk and Kiev/Kyiv.

The Soviets won't be too happy but if you get the right voices loud enough nobody will care, they'll be the Italians of WWI. Oh you didn't get what you wanted? Too bad.

You'll get a few population transfers, but nothing on the scale of what the Soviets did.

Hell, if it was the other way around and the Soviets made it to the Rhine while the allies barely held southern Italy they'd do the same exact thing. An Iron Curtain along the Alps and Pyrenees.