PC: Rhodesian style state in Kenya

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: After 1900' started by Noscoper, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Ratmancampidori Alcoholic Canuckistani

Agreed.

They really have gotten out of control, I even hear that one of the mods wrote a “German Wins Stalingrad story”

These Nazis are out of control.

TeePee likes this.
  2. Lord Wyclif Well-Known Member

The difference between Kenya and Rhodesia, Britain couldn’t do any thing against Ian Smith, but could intervene to support majorit rule quite easily in Kenya.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    saluto likes this.
  3. Ratmancampidori Alcoholic Canuckistani

As someone who enjoyed reading that story the idea NDCR is racist is pretty darn controversial.

It could be described as a Conservative-Wank, but its not racist. Aside from possible events in South Africa which involved gradual emancipation.

Kome and FieldMarshal like this.
  4. Middlesex_Toffeeman Wondering who "fnuds" the IEA. Banned

Nelson Mandela supporting Apartheid? A neo-Nazi as a morally good character who goes on to found a Third Position-y Russia? Nope.

5. twistedirregular Negus Negast

Same here and I'm Ethiopian - this is a bit concerning to see an assumption that people who come up with these scenarios are being referred to as "Nazis" and/or "White Nationalists".

6. FieldMarshal Smash the Bolshevik Banned

I love how it only takes one person with more moral outrage than sense to completely derail what otherwise might have been a decent thread

7. Marius Member Donor

They're not even hiding anymore.

8. twistedirregular Negus Negast

How does wondering about Germany winning Stalingrad make you a Nazi? If so, then I guess I'm a Nazi.

elkarlo likes this.
  9. FieldMarshal Smash the Bolshevik Banned

Those two are being sarcastic to mock the viewpoint of the first guy.

Rath, TripleCitizen, Rifleman and 2 others like this.
  10. Noscoper Well-Known Member

Even so it would be a way to reduce the percentage of black people by large amount and gain a friendlier neighbor.

11. metalinvader665 Well-Known Member

OTL Kenya could easily have ended up dominated by White Kenyans, but the Mau Mau rebellion prevented that by demoralising the local whites to the degree they never bothered to try to make a Rhodesia-esque state.

And a great way to avoid the problems of the Shifta War (it took OTL Kenya over a decade to subdue the region, since their military had a lot of trouble fighting the rebels--"shifta" means "bandit" and was used as a politically-loaded term). There were few whites there, so just give that land to Somalia, or maybe make a puppet state/"Bantustan" for the local Somali. There would be many who'd fall out with the central Somali government no doubt.

TripleCitizen and Noscoper like this.
  12. authenticity Well-Known Member

Sure there is merit in discussing, say, what event/POD that could have led to the apartheid policy continuing; or hypothesise from research and fiction on what life/German industrial policy/Spain in a Nazi controlled Europe would be.

But I ask myself how much intellectual stimulation there is in repeating a variation of what is implicitly just one simple and crude question: 'could this colony have remained in white control'? Void of details, counterfactuals or extrapolation (that in the end makes alternative history to what it is), I'm sure it is some self-indulgent stimuli - just not an intellectual one.

13. Noscoper Well-Known Member

I choose Kenya due to it's to the historical presence and dominion by a small group of white settlers during the 1950s .Also another reason I choose Kenya was due to areas which are favorable to European settlement and did have limited settlement due to the geography,climate, and lack of tsetse fly which extends into Tanzania.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    wtw likes this.
  14. Minuteman Well-Known Member

vuun likes this.
  15. interpoltomo please don't do coke in the bathroom

FWOAN/FAN had a republic of victoria as basically Rhodesia but in OTL Kenya.

16. Enigmajones Ours Is The Fury

Macauly once wrote a great story based in such a setting. It was brilliant writing, but sadly when he was banned he took his work with him. Its times like these that I hate the absence of Counterfactual. net

17. Francisco Cojuanco To hell with Angelides and Pete Wilson

I have seen one, but even that was from a standpoint of how much of a bugfuck horror it would be.

18. Strategos' Risk Oriental Orientalist

Is it on the Internet Archive or backed up elsewhere?

19. Dingus Khan Emperor of Nowhere

The population of white settlers in Kenya only amounted to tens of thousands of people. They are outnumbered by millions of black natives. Do the math. There's no way in hell that a white-minority government can rule Kenya independently from the British Empire. This is just going to result in a bloody revolution that will make the Mau Mau Rebellion look tame by comparison.

Finbarr the Fair likes this.
  20. Marius Member Donor

That's fine. But not sure there's a need to come a comment on the post and imply the poster is a white supremacist.

varyar and Laqueesha like this.