PC: Rhodesian style state in Kenya

Anyway Kenya could get enough white settlers for a Rhodesian style white minority ruled state with a post 1945 POD

It would be very different to Rhodesia. For one, I think the government would give away the east region to Somalia, as it is populated by Somalis, and is an unproductive scrub land. Without the Somalis not much changes, because there are still millions of Africans compared to less than 100k European settlers. They do have an advantage over the Rhodesians in that they are clustered into the central portion of Kenya, sometimes called the "White Highlands" at the time.

An exclusive white minority regime would be unworkable for any more than 5 years. If the settlers try to maintain power in Kenya, it would be through divide and conquer of the various tribes. The settlers would align with a single political party, and that, along with lobbying could ensure they maintain control over the economy and military for decades to come. I read somewhere that some wanted to rename Nairobi "Coldbrook", but that seems unlikely.

Agreed.

Also a worryingly high amount of Nazis on this site, given all the 'Germans win World War II' scenarios you get here.

There's a difference between someone depicting a victorious Third Reich and someone approving of one, and the latter are very swiftly shown the door here.

There's a difference between someone depicting a victorious Third Reich and someone approving of one, and the latter are very swiftly shown the door here.

Oh, because it's all about context, isn't it.

A TL about a white-ruled Kenya is basically the same as calling for genocide of black people in Kenya, at least our friend @authenticity sees that. Ditto, WWII scenarios.

Marius it’s seems to This uitlaander the settlers would want an alliance with the Indian community. A refuge from Uganda perhaps?

Seems some people really have an urge to live out their white settler/union fetishes...

I'm sorry to our Mods in advance, as I don't want to get kicked, but this is just downright wrong and an example of PC culture running wild. As Marius noted, there are plenty of "dark" scenarios that are none the less interesting to watch play out. Nobody is calling for the genocide of Jews in WWII timelines. In fact, the only explicitly racist timeline I've ever seen on this forum was "Enoch's National Front," which both grossly exaggerated Powell's racism and seemed to celebrate ASB elements like ethnic cleansing in Britain, etc. I've never seen a timeline in which someone "wanked" the Holacaust or openly celebrated it. Not once. A Nazi victory timeline is a perfectly legitimate if not utterly terrifying take on Alternate History.

I'm sorry to our Mods in advance, as I don't want to get kicked, but this is just downright wrong and an example of PC culture running wild. As Marius noted, there are plenty of "dark" scenarios that are none the less interesting to watch play out. Nobody is calling for the genocide of Jews in WWII timelines. In fact, the only explicitly racist timeline I've ever seen on this forum was "Enoch's National Front," which both grossly exaggerated Powell's racism and seemed to celebrate ASB elements like ethnic cleansing in Britain, etc. I've never seen a timeline in which someone "wanked" the Holacaust or openly celebrated it. Not once. A Nazi victory timeline is a perfectly legitimate if not utterly terrifying take on Alternate History.
Completely agree. In fact, most of the Nazi Victory TLs are usually highlighting how horrible and backwards they were. Just having a story that includes Nazis or Rhodesia doesn’t make the OP or the readers a bunch of white nationalists. I’m mixed and I don’t have any qualms about Nazi Victory TLs, as long as they aren’t glorifying them.

I am a professor and wheelchair user.
Other than Jewish people, I’d have been the first group the Reich would have slaughtered. I cut my teeth, on Martin greenbergs hitler victorious. The purpose of alternative history is to tell an intelligent story. We need to face reality and possibly which is far more complicated than the Star Wars version we got in childhood.

What about New Deal Coalition Retained?

You’d have to have even more ethnic cleansing to have Kenya go the way of Rhodesia, alongside a radically different British decolonial policy. Even with those you’d still see the state collapse.

It’s worth pointing out that white settler state tl’s are not the equivalent of Nazi victory ones. I’ve never seen a TL revolving around a successful settler state. I’d go as far to say that’s probably because a successful white settler state is less likely than a Nazi victory.