Status
Not open for further replies.

myr

Banned
If Axis win WW2 Nazis conquer or puppetize Mainland Europe, Middle east, Central Asia, Africa and IJA puppetize China, Mongolia, Russian Far east due to US absolute neutrality i.e., no lend lease, no embargo. Could Nazis pull a miracle on the rhine along with reviving soviet economy?

If Axis win WW2 Nazis conquer or puppetize Mainland Europe, Middle east, Central Asia, Africa and IJA puppetize China, Mongolia, Russian Far east due to US absolute neutrality i.e., no lend lease, no embargo. Could Nazis pull a miracle on the rhine along with reviving soviet economy?

No. The German economy is going to be constantly drained by having to fight multiple massive guerrilla wars.

Also, what’s up with all the Wehraboo threads?

Last edited:
No. The German economy is going to be constantly drained by having to fight multiple massive guerrilla wars.
And by the fact that under no circumstances will they be able to operate within the world economy in the way that West Germany did post war. You won't see American capital flowing into such a state after what they would have done. By this point, the US and everyone else surviving will expect to have to fight a war with them at some point and as such, shall treat them as a future adversary. Considerably moreso than the USSR OTL for that matter.

Last edited:
It'd be very difficult. The Nazi Economy was so fundamentally screwed up that it could hardly exist without a near perpetual state of war. With most German men being at the front, a constant influx of POWs, Jews, Roma, Homosexuals, etc. were needed to be worked to death in German factories. It'll be hard to demobilize all of them, as large parts of the military will be needed to fight insurgencies, and carry out horrendous ideological goals described in Generalplan Ost. Further, the economy was also heavily dependent upon looting the treasury and gold reserves of other countries, which the Nazis cannot do in peacetime. In the event of an Axis victory, the Nazis could maybe buy 4-5 years with the blood money and war loot they've amassed before it all self-destructs in a fiery inferno.

In the event of an Axis victory, the Nazis could maybe buy 4-5 years with the blood money and war loot they've amassed before it all self-destructs in a fiery inferno.
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. The assumption that Nazi Germany would magically collapse if it wins WWII doesn‘t hold nearly as much water as people claim. Economic policy can change, and exploitation of newly available natural resources would stabilize the situation. There is no valid reason to believe collapse of the state would be imminent. Even if the economy went down the gutter, that does not mean the end of the regime, nor does it preclude the possibility of recovery.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. The assumption that Nazi Germany would magically collapse if it wins WWII doesn‘t hold nearly as much water as people claim. Economic policy can change, and exploitation of newly available natural resources would stabilize the situation. There is no valid reason to believe collapse of the state would be imminent. Even if the economy went down the gutter, that does not mean the end of the regime, nor does it preclude the possibility of recovery.

Changing German economic policy to something that isn’t going to drive straight off a cliff would require massive demobilization of the German military, which isn’t going to go along well with the huge guerrilla wars they’re going to be fighting in all of their occupied territories.

It’s hard to get at those new natural resources when insurgents are bombing the railways that lead to them and killing the people at the mines.

myr

Banned
Also, what’s up with all the Wehraboo threads?
Threads? This is my first thread that mentions Nazis. This isn't a Wehraboo. I only asked if Nazi Germany could become economically successfull ? That doesn't mean that i endorse their racial policy in any way

Changing German economic policy to something that isn’t going to drive straight off a cliff would require massive demobilization of the German military, which isn’t going to go along well with the huge guerrilla wars they’re going to be fighting in all of their occupied territories.

It’s hard to get at those new natural resources when insurgents are bombing the railways that lead to them and killing the people at the mines.
I disagree. Guerrillas require a support base, that generally being the population. That becomes a problem when vast swathes of land are systematically depopulated in preparation for colonization. Where do the partisans get their food then? How do they stay supplied? Even IOTL obtaining provisions was a serious concern for partisans, and theft was often a necessity to avoid starvation. They'd wither in the long run and occupation will become easier.

Last edited:
Yeah they would get a big oil boom after they conquer Caucuses, Mesopotamia and persian gulf
The Germans would not be able to reach Mesopotamia and the Persian Gulf, not unless the British roll over and straight up give it to them.

Last edited:
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooo.

Edit: To clarify --- Nazi Germany wouldn't have lasted 20 years after WW2, let alone have an economic miracle.

Not only did the Nazi economy suck (it was on the verge of total collapse in 1939), but Hitler is really the only thing keeping the political structure together. By 1945 he was in poor health: severe Parkinson's and syphilis were taking a toll on his physical health. He was also a chronic methamphetamine addict, and cancer ran throughout his family. He had a poor diet and a famous sweet tooth as well. I don't expect Hitler to live past 1960 --- I think he'd probably be paralyzed and wheelchair-bound by 1955 --- and when he dies the state probably dies with him.

The Nazi economy was propped up primarily by loot from their conquests --- gold from Austria, Czechoslovakia, &c. Once the loot stops coming and the slave imports from eastern Europe start to dry up the Nazi economy is going to fall apart. It may not be a quick death, but if it's not it will be slow and painful.

Last edited:

myr

Banned
Are you being sarcastic? The Germans would not be able to reach Mesopotamia and the Persian Gulf, not unless t
No defeat of Soviets means blank cheque on Middle East and Africa for Nazi they can transport enough troops to conquer those regions. If Soviets are defeated then nothing stops Nazi from diverting to other areas

No defeat of Soviets means blank cheque on Middle East and Africa for Nazi they can transport enough troops to conquer those regions. If Soviets are defeated then nothing stops Nazi from diverting to other areas
Except the war to subdue the partisans, and logistical practicalities. Infinite expansion was not exactly the plan.

This ignores the impact of massive depopulation of Eastern Europe that would have made Mao China look like a child play, and then partial depopulation of Germany via moving colonists to the east. Both demand and supply would have suffered disastrous consequences.

This ignores the impact of massive depopulation of Eastern Europe that would have made Mao China look like a child play, and then partial depopulation of Germany via moving colonists to the east. Both demand and supply would have suffered disastrous consequences.
Generalplan Ost would most likely be altered along the way to accommodate for economic expediencies. It would hardly be the first time the Nazis compromised their principles for the sake of convenience.

Last edited:
Germany turning all of Europe into puppets is questionable. Let alone the Middle East, Central Asia And Africa. I also don’t buy this idea that Germany would collapse economically in an Axis victory scenario. Economic policies can change and OTL Germany lasted 4 years while engaged in the largest war in history.

Last edited:
Threads? This is my first thread that mentions Nazis. This isn't a Wehraboo. I only asked if Nazi Germany could become economically successfull ? That doesn't mean that i endorse their racial policy in any way

“Imperial Germany conquers the world with nukes” is Wehraboo AF.

I disagree. Guerrillas require a support base, that generally being the population. That becomes a problem when vast swathes of land are systematically depopulated in preparation for colonization. Where do the partisans get their food then? How do they stay supplied? Even IOTL obtaining provisions was a serious concern for partisans, and theft was often a necessity to avoid starvation. They'd wither in the long run and occupation will become easier.

“Systematically depopulated”

What a fun euphemism for genocide. People would fight against those efforts literally like their lives were on the line.

Generalplan Ost would most likely be altered along the way to accommodate for economic expediencies. It would hardly be the first time the Nazis compromised their principles for the sake of convenience.

Nazis that alter Generalplan Ost aren’t Nazis.

Status
Not open for further replies.