PC: Argentina allies with the Warsaw Pact

I just had this thought last night after reading this: http://althistory.wikia.com/wiki/República_Popular_Argentina_(Red_Sun_Setting). However the "POD" of that unfortunately unfinished scenario involves a random attack on Peron that honestly sounds ASB to me so I went with the idea of Peron's plane crashing sometime before it lands in Ezeiza that would somehow lead to a military coup that fails 2016 Turkey style thanks to a large leftist Peronist uprising. And of course the revolution would lead to Argentina turning to the Soviets and their allies to spite its non-communist neighbors (including Chile) and the USA.

Does this sound plausible or am I missing something here?

If Peron died, the military would let Isabel become president for awhile and then overthrow her when her incompetence would be clear--just as in OTL. Any resistance from the militant Peronist left (which didn't even represent the majority of Peronists) would be easily crushed. There is no analogy to Turkey where the military was deeply divided. And the Peronists, even the left-wing ones, were not Communists and would think the idea of joining the Warsaw Pact (which even Cuba didn't) crazy. The Soviets would likewise think sending missiles there insanely risky.

If Peron died, the military would let Isabel become president for awhile and then overthrow her when her incompetence would be clear--just as in OTL. Any resistance from the militant Peronist left (which didn't even represent the majority of Peronists) would be easily crushed. There is no analogy to Turkey where the military was deeply divided. And the Peronists, even the left-wing ones, were not Communists and would think the idea of joining the Warsaw Pact (which even Cuba didn't) crazy. The Soviets would likewise think sending missiles there insanely risky.
I brought up the comparison to 2016's Turkey in that it was the best way to describe how would a military coup fail at the hands of popular protest to my knowledge; and I'm aware that Cuba didn't join the Warsaw Pact either yet was a staunch ally of the USSR until that collapsed IOTL. I'm just exploring how would Argentina ITTL end up going more to the left and aligning more towards the Eastern bloc instead of the other way around IOTL.

I brought up the comparison to 2016's Turkey in that it was the best way to describe how would a military coup fail at the hands of popular protest to my knowledge; and I'm aware that Cuba didn't join the Warsaw Pact either yet was a staunch ally of the USSR until that collapsed IOTL. I'm just exploring how would Argentina ITTL end up going more to the left and aligning more towards the Eastern bloc instead of the other way around IOTL.

It wasn't just popular protest that beat the coup; it was the reluctance of some of the military to move against a legitimate government. Once Isabel had demonstrated her inability to deal with the mounting violence, the Argentine military was solidly determined to get rid of her, and there was no outpouring of popular support for her. This would be true whether Peron died in December 1973 or in 1974.

If Argentina looked like it was drifting far enough left to actually join the WP IMHO the USA would do something to make sure that did not happen.