Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck of the East : A story of World War 2 in Tibet

Where is the the nuke dropped because i doubt Hitler would survive a nuke blast in a bunker like the one at the Reich Chancellery.
The Allies nuked 2 cities, Nuremberg and Berlin.

I think Hitler managed somehow to get a bunker built specifically for being protected from the nukes (maybe the Allies nuked the city's outskirts).

The Allies nuked 2 cities, Nuremberg and Berlin.

I think Hitler managed somehow to get a bunker built specifically for being protected from the nukes (maybe the Allies nuked the city's outskirts).
Well in this TL i would not be surprise if a nuke dropped right on him and he would survive.

August 1945 : The US population is unprepared for a chemical attack and several thousand Americans die. The US quickly manufactures gas masks and anti chemical warfare equipment for civilian use

August 1945 : Heinrich Harrer and Peter Aufschnaiter becomes a salaried official of the Tibetan and Japanese governments, translating foreign news and acting as the Court photographer

August 1945 : Hitler orders V2 rockets to be fired directly at the Buckingham palace and Big Ben. Allied spies are sent to the gas chamber.

August 1945 : Japan begins construction of national redoubt. Japan is shocked upon news of it’s ally Germany nuked and fears for the same to happen to Japan

August 1945 : Harrer and Aufschnaiter celebrate moon festival and have some moon cakes and tea

August 1945 : Operation Montclair : American, Dutch, ANZAC, British, Canadian, Indian, Mexican, and Brazilian troops land in Java. Sukarno, Hatta, Suharto and other Indonesian nationalists join forces with the Allies against the Japanese. Indonesian civil war, Japan installs Dr. Notonindito to lead the Indonesian puppet government as the “legitimate” government. PETA units loyal to Axis fight the Allies under the command of Von Paulus. Indonesian gestapo style units make mass arrests across the Indonesian population. Chinese Indonesians go through a Holocaust style genocide under Japanese and Indonesian collaboration

August 1945 : Soviet marines land in Riga

Last edited:
Hitler orders a V2 rocket to shoot the end off Churchill’s cigar. The V2 rocket had a CEP of 4.5 km.

Edit: read a few more sources. Somewhere between 2-12 km CEP. So half the shots fired would hand in that circle.

Last edited:
August 1945 : Harrer and Aufschnaiter celebrate moon festival and have some moon cakes and tea
And then Harrer and Aufschnaiter studied the blade, were awarded with waifus, and were named honorary Shoguns by the Emperor, who due to being completely indoctrinated as a Nazi, screamed "Heil Hitler!" while he did it.

I hope @Admiral Bloonbeard doesn't take this the wrong way but this whole TL has made me nostalgic for classic AH.com when we would see many TL's like this including ASB one's like one in which the defenders of the Alamo have needle-rifles and things like that.

Simplistic, probably even a little naïve but at least it's earnest and an attempt to create something instead of endlessly critiquing.

Thanks for the TL and I can't wait to see more :)

I hope @Admiral Bloonbeard doesn't take this the wrong way but this whole TL has made me nostalgic for classic AH.com when we would see many TL's like this including ASB one's like one in which the defenders of the Alamo have needle-rifles and things like that.

Simplistic, probably even a little naïve but at least it's earnest and an attempt to create something instead of endlessly critiquing.

I wanted to create an alternate history that is truly alternate while still remaining plausible. I have done my research before I wrote this TL

Yes, It really depends what you are trying to accomplish with the storytelling.
Here is an article I came aross with a Sliding Scale Of Alternate History Plausibility

Yes, It really depends what you are trying to accomplish with the storytelling.
Here is an article I came aross with a Sliding Scale Of Alternate History Plausibility

Think this TL will fall under Type IV/X, a Utterly Implausible AH but not yet a Alien Space Bats and Fantastical AH.

I was thinking Type 2 since it has actual historical backing with sources
Type 3 at best:
These are works where the plausibility of the setting's alt-history is less important than setting up a world that fits the creator's artistic objectives. Research is often minimal to moderate and used simply to give some verisimilitude to the setting.
Butterflies may be utterly ignored, [SNIP] plausibility will take a back seat to Rule of Drama/Cool/Comedy.
Type III Alternate Histories are almost always "steered" ("okay, so I need a Confederate George Patton running a Blitzkrieg through Stalinist China...").

Where is the the nuke dropped because i doubt Hitler would survive a nuke blast in a bunker like the one at the Reich Chancellery.
Why not? There was a survivor of Hiroshima who was in a reinforced concrete building less than 200 meters from ground zero.

August 1945 : New unbroken enigma machines make the Allied situation at sea dire

August 1945 : The RAF gets new Avro Lincolns strategic bombers, intended specifically for use in the Pacific. Based in Okinawa, they unleash destruction on the Japanese home islands along with American B-29s

September 1945 : Japanese 28th army, 33rd army, and 15th army are destroyed at the Battle of the Sittang Bend. Around 14,000 Japanese were lost, with well over half being killed, while British forces suffered only 95 killed and 322 wounded. Japanese breakout attempt failed.

September 1945 : Dresden nuked

September 1945 : Goebbels takes advantage of recent nuking events to propagandize to the Germans the Jews order the destruction of the German race and that they must show the Jewish hordes Germany will stand

September 1945 : Soviets invade Romania. A failed coup by King Micheal against Antonescu results in a three way civil war between monarchists, communists, and fascists loyal to Axis

September 1945 : Antonescu swears loyalty to Axis until the end. Hitler thanks Antonescu for his loyalty

October 1945 : Operation Zipper sees British troops land in Port Dickson. British Pacific Fleet, US 7th fleet, and French Far East fleet provide naval support

Are we to understand that all of the departures from our timeline in this story result from the actions of Harrer and Aufschnaiter?