Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck of the East : A story of World War 2 in Tibet

I have mistakenly believed you were outright denying German plans to wipe out the Jewish people
Apology accepted, but I am curious as to how, considering that both the comment and your reply only talked about the Poles...

Regarding the Dutch, I would say first the Dutch get a Wola style massacre first, then after Goebbels abandon the Geneva convention, large scale deportations and depopulations
Your timeline places the abandoning of the Geneva convention before the Dutch massacre...
(Do you realise how much tropuble would have been saved if you had given closer dates than just the year?)

And, again, it seems like a less than ideal time to begin large scale deportations and depopulation in the Netherlands.

Think you need to read this:

Saviour of France’s art: how the Mona Lisa was spirited away from the Nazis

it mentions that :

On 16 August 1940, Count Franz Wolff-Metternich, who had been appointed by Hitler to oversee France’s art collection, duly arrived. In his diary, Jaujard recalled that Metternich almost seemed relieved to find the Louvre to be empty.

So how can the Germans loot the Louvre if there is nothing loot ore mostly is already in possession of Goering.
On a different account Metternich when he was chosen to oversee France’s art collection, he was relieved to find the Louvre empty because he didn’t want the artwork destroyed. He knew what was going on with the artwork, he just chose not to do anything about it. In 1942, he was recalled from Paris for thwarting Germany’s attempts to loot the art. Metternich was awarded the Légion d'honneur by France in 1952.

The Germans could have stolen a lot more artwork from France, they just chose not to.

The Germans could have stolen a lot more artwork from France, they just chose not to.
Say that to Hermann Göring who collection consisted of approximately 50 percent of works of art confiscated from the enemies of the Reich. if he had sold his collection i think we would see more money going into the Reich then if you sold the Louvre art which was as mentioned here: Evacuation of the Louvre museum art collection during World War II was hauled on trucks (203 vehicles transporting 1862 wooden cases) and sent to Château de Chambord in 1939 .

This is how the Louvre looked like in 1939, do you see any art.

La_Grande_Gallerie_d%C3%A9sert%C3%A9e.jpg

Say that to Hermann Göring who collection consisted of approximately 50 percent of works of art confiscated from the enemies of the Reich. if he had sold his collection i think we would see more money going into the Reich then if you sold the Louvre art which was as mentioned here: Evacuation of the Louvre museum art collection during World War II was hauled on trucks (203 vehicles transporting 1862 wooden cases) and sent to Château de Chambord in 1939 .

This is how the Louvre looked like in 1939, do you see any art.

La_Grande_Gallerie_d%C3%A9sert%C3%A9e.jpg
Metternich did knew what was going on, he just chose not to do anything about it

1945 : The world’s first MBT, the Centurion is ready for action

1945 : Germany finalizes deal licensing the formula for synthetic oil to Japan

1945 : Elektroboot u boats create a new series of problems for the Allies. Activities in the Atlantic effect activities in the Pacific

1945 : Hitler cancels the Ardennes offensive (OTL Battle of the Bulge) after being offered the “small solution” by Walter Model and Rundstedt, a combination of Model’s Herbstnebel and Rundstedt’s Case Martin. Wehrmacht units attack east of Meuse in a two prolonged attack, heading north instead of the originally planned west as envisioned in Wacht am Rhein, destroying Allied units east of meuse. Intense major air battle between jets happen. Centurion and Pershing tanks clash with new E series tanks

1945 : Germany launches Operation Summer awakening in the Eastern front, achieving some success

1945 : The Soviets, losing too many men in the Finnish front, decide to make peace with Finland. 1939 borders restored. Finland declares war on Germany.

1945 : Aung San joins forces with the Allies and switches sides. Burmese civil war, units loyal to Japanese remain to fight. Japanese install Ba Thaung to lead the “legitimate” state of Burma

1945 : Mexico sends Aztec eagles to the Philippines

1945 : Philippine republic Japanese puppet state adopts national anthem to the tune of “Horst Wessel Lied”. Philippines campaign is far more brutal with high local resistance claiming to be the legitimate government of the Philippines. Makapili forms SS style units. Freikorps units terrorize the Filipino population

1945 : Freikorp style units in Indonesia and Malaya are created to terrorize the local population and to symbolize the legitimacy of the puppet states

1945 : Warsaw uprising suppressed, much of the pre war city is destroyed

Last edited:
1945 : The world’s first MBT, the Centurion is ready for action

1945 : Germany finalizes deal licensing the formula for synthetic oil to Japan

1945 : Elektroboot u boats create a new series of problems for the Allies. Activities in the Atlantic effort activities in the Pacific

1945 : Hitler cancels the Ardennes offensive (OTL Battle of the Bulge) after being offered the “small solution” by Walter Model and Rundstedt, a combination of Model’s Herbstnebel and Rundstedt’s Case Martin. Wehrmacht units attack east of Meuse in a two prolonged attack, heading north instead of the originally planned west as envisioned in Wacht am Rhein, destroying Allied units east of meuse. Intense major air battle between jets happen. Centurion and Pershing tanks clash with new E series tanks

1945 : Germany launches Operation Summer awakening in the Eastern front, achieving some success

1945 : The Soviets, losing too many men in the Finnish front, decide to make peace with Finland. 1939 borders restored. Finland declares war on Germany.

1945 : Aung San joins forces with the Allies and switches sides. Burmese civil war, units loyal to Japanese remain to fight. Japanese install Ba Thaung to lead the “legitimate” state of Burma

1945 : Philippine republic Japanese puppet state adopts national anthem to the tune of “Horst Wessel Lied”. Philippines campaign is far more brutal with high local resistance claiming to be the legitimate government of the Philippines. Makapili forms SS style units. Freikorps units terrorize the Filipino population

1945 : Freikorp style units in Indonesia and Malaya are created to terrorize the local population and to symbolize the legitimacy of the puppet states

1945 : Warsaw uprising suppressed, much of the pre war city is destroyed
Okay, first, what happen to Borneo, did the allies just leave ore did the Japanese drive them back into the sea.

Second the Soviets losing to many soldiers against Finland, i do not buy that, they lost millions to Germany and still fought on, they never lost more than 250,000–305,000 dead in OTL against Finland, so losing double against Finland as a example is not going to send the Soviets packing because in the end, they can afford more losses than the Finish.

Okay, first, what happen to Borneo, did the allies just leave ore did the Japanese drive them back into the sea.

Second the Soviets losing to many soldiers against Finland, i do not buy that, they lost millions to Germany and still fought on, they never lost more than 250,000–305,000 dead in OTL against Finland, so losing double against Finland as a example is not going to send the Soviets packing because in the end, they can afford more losses than the Finish.
No, they’re still fighting in Borneo. Mop up missions tend up be met with guerrilla style war OTL. Stalin would realize Germany is a more important target in Finland and Germany is much better prepared in this TL

Stalin would realize Germany is a more important target in Finland and Germany is much better prepared in this TL
So Finland won, Soviet Union lost if they go back to the 1939 borders, i doubt it would happen as i say, Finland by August 1944 OTL had by resisting the latest Soviet offensive exhausted Finnish resources. Despite German support under the Ryti-Ribbentrop Agreement, it was asserted that the country was unable to blunt another major offensive.

But here in this TL in 1945 Finland with the same resources is still holding on for a additional year and then Stalin says, well lets call it even, here is back your 1939 territory we took during the Winter War.

So Finland won, Soviet Union lost if they go back to the 1939 borders, i doubt it would happen as i say, Finland by August 1944 OTL had by resisting the latest Soviet offensive exhausted Finnish resources. Despite German support under the Ryti-Ribbentrop Agreement, it was asserted that the country was unable to blunt another major offensive.

But here in this TL in 1945 Finland with the same resources is still holding on for a additional year and then Stalin says, well lets call it even, here is back your 1939 territory we took during the Winter War.
The Soviets nearly lost a whole army group in 1945 OTL. They were running out of reserves as well

Considering the war by now will be an Allied victory as OTL, that divisions won't prevent Germany's defeat.
Also we must not forget all the now untermenschen that now serve in the German Army and SS from the countries that are going to be wiped out, they most likely will be send to camps as as well, also increasingly weakening the German war in the East.

Also we must not forget all the now untermenschen that now serve in the German Army and SS from the countries that are going to be wiped out, they most likely will be send to camps as as well, also increasingly weakening the German war in the East.
Foreign SS numbered around 500,000. Plus the Germans did see Ukrainians as untnrmenchen and some Ukrainians still joined the SS

1945 : Churchill wins the 1945 election. Churchill promises to preserve the British empire

1945 : Japan resorts to kaiten torpedoes and kamikazi attacks intensifies

1945 : Ohka rocket attacks intensifies. Several Japanese pilots swear allegiance to both the emperor and Adolf Hitler. Chinese, Korean, Filipino, Indonesian, and other Asian volunteers are allowed to fly the rocket

1945 : Harrer meets Korean crown prince Yi Un. Harrer is sent to Korea to train pro Japanese Korean guerrillas. Under the advice of Harrer, the Japanese allow patriotic Korean pro Japanese pan Asian propaganda. Harrer compares the East Asia Co Prosperity similar to the Anschluss. Harrer trains Hitler youth style programs in Japan and Korea. Harrer fuses pan Asian nationalism with Nazi ideology. “Heil Hitler!” as a Korean officer by the name of Park Chung-Hee greets general Harrer

1945 : US and Royal navies launches carrier based attacks on the Japanese naval base of Kure. However, the Japanese are prepared and much damage is averted

1945 : German u boats based in Malaya wreak havoc in the Pacific

1945 : First successful nuclear test happens. This nuke is called Trinity

Last edited:

What I still don't understand is how can Harrer pull off what Hitler did for a decade and then some in the span of months, a year at most, on foreign soil. I still do not see what Harrer can offer that the Japanese didn't OTL that could conceivably change the war in the Philippines. At most, I can see more Hiroo Onoda-esque soldiers across the Philippines that would hold out after the war.
1945 : Harrer meets Korean crown prince Yi Un. Harrer is sent to Korea to train pro Japanese Korean guerrillas. Under the advice of Harrer, the Japanese allow patriotic Korean pro Japanese pan Asian propaganda. Harrer compares the East Asia Co Prosperity similar to the Anschluss. Harrer trains Hitler youth style programs in Japan and Korea. Harrer fuses pan Asian nationalism with Nazi ideology. “Heil Hitler!” as a Korean officer by the name of Park Chung-Hee greets general Harrer
Also, I'm not really good with Japanese and Korean politics of the time, but wouldn't it be hard for the Japanese to suddenly start accepting Koreans as equals given the rough history of previous decades?
Also also, slight nitpick, but the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere cannot simply just be compared to the Anschluss. One is an annexation of two culturally similar nations, while another is a group of various, culturally different nations aiming to be independent and self-sufficient under Japanese "guidance".
Also also also, I don't see why they would allow other soldiers of different countries access to relatively high-tech weaponry, though I sort of see the reasoning.

Last edited:
What I still don't understand is how can Harrer pull off what Hitler did for a decade and then some in the span of months, a year at most, on foreign soil. I still do not see what Harrer can offer that the Japanese didn't OTL that could conceivably change the war in the Philippines. At most, I can see more Hiroo Onoda-esque soldiers across the Philippines that would hold out after the war.

Also, I'm not really good with Japanese and Korean politics of the time, but wouldn't it be hard for the Japanese to suddenly start accepting Koreans as equals given the rough history of previous decades?
Also also, slight nitpick, but the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere cannot simply just be compared to the Anschluss. One is an annexation of two culturally similar nations, while another is a group of various, culturally different nations aiming to be independent and self-sufficient under Japanese "guidance".
Also also also, I don't see why they would allow other soldiers of different countries access to relatively high-tech weaponry, though I sort of see the reasoning.
Germany in 1945 OTL was in talks with Japan to license synthetic fuel but the war ended in Europe before a deal could be finalized. Some details regarding tech has recently been revised

1945 : Chinese offensive to drive back the Japanese from Kunming fails

1945 : Australian 9th infantry division capture Brunei

1945 : Henry Orenstein is transferred to work in a factory in Germany for forced labor. He later escapes and joins the Polish Forces in the West

1945 : Konrad Adenauer is killed by the Nazis

1945 : Elektroboots continue to cause supply problems for the Allies. Allies are unable to advance without supplies, especially fuel and French logistics are still being worked up. France industry is being revitalized and France is preparing to supply other Allied forces for expeditionary warfare due to supply problems at sea. Thousands of Frenchmen are drafted every. The war is far from over and Germany is using this time to prepare for Operation Arminius, the final defense of the fatherland. It will be a bloody invasion equivalent to Operation Downfall. Men are being drafted to the Wehrmacht while women and children work tirelessly in German factories

1945 : Berlin is nuked. Adolf Hitler survives the nuclear attack, being in an underground bunker. Hitler swears revenge for the nuke and authorizes chemical and bioweapons on Britain and the USA using Amerikabombers

1945 : Nuremberg is nuked, destroying the industrial heartland of Bavaria

Which places are still under control in Germany which has Amerikabombers that have the range to bomb America? Aircraft carriers in the Atlantic?
Wouldn't the Americans have a defense system for such bombers?

Also, I think it would be helpful to include months in the dates to easily understand the timeline.

Which places are still under control in Germany which has Amerikabombers that have the range to bomb America? Aircraft carriers in the Atlantic?
Wouldn't the Americans have a defense system for such bombers?

Also, I think it would be helpful to include months in the dates to easily understand the timeline.
Bases in Germany

1945 : Berlin is nuked. Adolf Hitler survives the nuclear attack, being in an underground bunker. Hitler swears revenge for the nuke and authorizes chemical and bioweapons on Britain and the USA using Amerikabombers

Where is the the nuke dropped because i doubt Hitler would survive a nuke blast in a bunker like the one at the Reich Chancellery.