Out of the Deserts, an Empire rise....

Hashasheen

Banned
Part 39.B: America…

After the destruction of many of America’s population centers and bases, change was in the air. The Afrikan Brotherhood and the AASP planned a major exodus to the south, mirroring the exodus of the Jews from Egypt. And who would be this great messiah, leading them to the Promised Land? None other than Martin Luther King Jr. a man of great morals and great organizational skills, as convoys were put together and sent south. The Afrikan Brotherhood raided US army bases to procure additional transports, fuel and weaponry to protect the convoys. While MLK disapproved of these raids, Warmaster Malcolm X was still cautious about going back to the south, where the KKK and similar racist organizations were expanding their numbers among the destroyed lives of whites (there was talk of creating a New Confederacy). The coming exodus was sure to be as bloody as the Jewish one. Several National Guard units in the south were still intact, and their loyalties would be just as dangerous as any other, no matter the cause. On the West Coast, the Church of the Latter Day Saints was experiencing a massive number of new followers, most notable among them being conservative Republican Ronald Reagan, later President of the Republic of Desert, and commander in chief of the Nauvoo Legions.

The Great Exodus took over 3 years to complete, moving every single healthy Afrikan to the south. Males were conscripted into the Afrikan Brotherhood and trained to protect the convoys going south from bandits, white folk and civilians. By the time they reached “New Afrika” in strength, the New Confederacy had already been formed in the Deep South; Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas. Georgia and Carolina were their next focus; all they needed was an excuse. The Great Exodus gave them one.

The War of the Races stretched on for 4 years, with the New Confederacy gaining the upper hand thanks to timely assistance of US naval forces whose servicemen’s families lived in the New Confederacy. However; Hashemite assistance lead to the New Afrikans declaring the independence of their new home; The Union of New Afrika.

As for US naval forces returning from abroad; many immigrated to Panama henceforth declared New America, or to the Republic of Desert, where their lives were just a little easier thanks to the maintained infrastructure there, as well as a remnant of the former United States, having suffered lightly under Soviet attacks. All the new nations still required food supplies from the Hashemite Caliphate, all too willing to full up the agrarian monopoly formerly had by the USA.

Hashasheen

Banned
Part 40.A: The Caliphate rules Supreme….

While it had taken the Caliphate another 20 years in which their Oriental allies bled themselves allies, they had succeeded. Europe in its entirety was now theirs. From Scotland to Russia to Spain to Greece, Europe was theirs. What had failed to be accomplished by the Moors of Spain was now accomplished by the Arabs of Hejaz. People everywhere welcomed order, law and prosperity into their lives. While there were a few holdouts who rejected the Way and the Truth, they were left alone to starve. In less than 20 years, most of Europe had converted to Islam. It had not taken much in fact. Simply pointing out the benefits that citizens of the Caliphate received in comparisons to the “kill or be killed” society most of Europe lived through had helped the majority convert, thinking that if their God refused to answer to them, perhaps this generous Allah would protect them better?

Afghanistan was warring with an India intent on distracting its people from their horrible economic situation. The War would end with the Afghani flag flying over Sri Lanka, Bombay and Hyderabad. Later a marriage between a male heir of the Hashemite family and a female heiress of the Afghani family would result in the Afghani Kingdom rejoining their Arab brothers into the Caliphate.

Africa and North America were two other areas of interest to the Caliphate. While South Africa held much of the former British Empire in its grasp, it suffered from wide-spread black terrorism (many of whom converted to Islam as a means of rebelling against the Christian Afrikaans), a lack of trading partners besides unstable Latino governments suffering from Guevrist guerilla movements, and a hostile military force ready to move at the slightest provocation. With aid pouring to ANC rebels by the tens of thousands of tons, chaos; was as ever the only thing that could accurately describe Africa.

In North America, the rival nations and warlords managed to gain access to former US nuclear weapons, bombing the continent into a larger mess. Never had North America been so devoid of humans since the Ice Age, with a minimum of tens of thousands deaths occurring daily. Written off as too deadly for a minimum gain, the Hashemite Caliphate bore all its economic power into annexing the South African territories. Year by year, province by province, South Africa diminished till all but the original Transvaal state was left. Soon only South America and the Pacific were left….

Hashasheen

Banned
Part 40.B: War of the Toryu….

While Japan’s armies campaigned across the world; into Siberia, Alaska and the Philippines, their greatest foe the Dragon Emperor Zhang Xueliang plotted and planned. The majority of their information on nuclear technology had been gained through the Soviets, and with this fount of information gone, the race to gain a nuclear bomb slowed down to a crawl. The emperor panicked, for while the Japanese intelligence hadn’t picked up on his research facility, it was only a matter of time. Not thinking rationally, he ordered army units to deploy to the Mongolian and Indo-Chinese borders, intent on crippling Japan’s vassals before pushing into Manchuria. The war went well at first (with Red Dragons in Japanese territory revolting and tying up Japanese units; as well as a comprehensive air defense formation on the ground preventing heavy scale bombing) thanks to Japanese arrogance in their belief that inferior race would not be able to pull off a surprise attack. This doctrine of racial superiority would be a hamstring towards the Japanese war aims at times, often giving the Chinese a chance to launch a new offensive or shorten their defensive lines.

The Mongolian Confederate Army (MCA) wasn’t trained to fight against the Chinese hordes on its own, having been trained to serve alongside the numerically and technologically superior Mongolian Garrison Army (MGA). Nevertheless, it put up a mighty struggle, with the Chinese only reaching Ulan Bator in the 4th month of the initial campaign. The Bogd Khan was forced to kneel and swear loyalty to the Dragon Emperor, a significant event and a humiliation to Japan. This was also the last moment of Mongolian sovereignty, as Mongolia was annexed by China once more in its history.

In Indo-China, the Japanese held on easier thanks to a short line of defense, more stumbling blocks for an offensive force, and a still strong guerilla movement called the Vietminh led by a charismatic leader known as Ho Chi Minh. A gentlemen’s agreement between the Vietminh and the garrisoning Japanese Army of Indo China led to a focused front against the Chinese, despite the Vietminh’s negligible role in fighting them head on, and taking much of the credits for combined victories. After the war ended, the Vietminh were able to seize a victory in the local Silver Star elections, with many members of the organization granted Gold Star status for their services.

The Toryu War stretched on from 1957 to 1970, ending with the Third Siege of Chongqing, and the utter occupation of China. Japanese losses had been severe, stretching into the hundreds of thousands, forcing the Oriental nation to incorporate vassal militaries as garrison forces in China proper, hire African and European mercenaries through its Hashemite ally, and levy a general conscription of all males above the age of 16 in the Empire. The Dragon Emperor himself had escaped with a retinue of his guards to Burma, where escaping Chinese soldiers, upper class citizens and scientists migrated to. With a steady flow of Chinese citizens arriving to overwhelm the local population, the Dragon Emperor felt confident enough to re-ignite the war. With his loyal cadre of Imperial Guardsmen taking care of what little dissent there was (with every immigrant there having lost at least one member of their family, a wish for revenge was often expressed.) he created a conscript army out of the natives, and with covert foreign support, invaded what was once southern China.

The Fourth War of Chinese Liberation stretched on from 1974 to 1980, when Japan finally resorted to using nukes on the mainland and washing its hand free of the matter. 12 nukes were to be dropped across the breadth of China in conjunction with numerous firebombing and rockets attacks from Taiwan; the closest staging point for the IJN, the Japanese forces having been pushed off the former nation for good and desperately defending Mongolia and Manchuria; the industrial centers of their empire.

Unfortunately, all did not go as well as planned. It appeared in the irradiate aftermath that several other missile sites had received orders to fire. What was strange was the fact that sabotaged fuel tanks resulted in the missiles detonating at the precise best altitude in the air, directly over Japanese airspace. The resulting damage wiped out most of the Home Islands, with in an ironic twist of fate, the Japanese Imperial Family fleeing to Manchuria. With much of their population and agricultural centers gone, not to mention most of their missile sites, Japan was once more on an equal base with the Chinese, a position not heartily welcomed. Though it took the Chinese two more years of blood, sweat and tears, Manchuria, Mongolia, Indo China and Korea were finally regained, and their Japanese citizens put to the sword. Despite this overwhelming victory, the entire Chinese court was massacred, when a man wearing a porcelain masked man who called himself “Guy Fawkes” detonated a hydrogen bomb in the sewers of Hong Kong, the best city still salvageable in the entirety of East Asia. The greatest centers of cultural, history and arts in East Asia were now destroyed, and thousands of years of accomplishments ended in less than a century.

The Orient descended into anarchy, death and destruction and over it stood the man who had engineered it all. A man whose roots in history were so twisted, so changeable to unknown that the only men to see his true colors did not exist…..

Hashasheen

Banned
Part 41: the Stranger is revealed….

“My brothers!”

The resulting cheer drowns out the mutterings of the courtiers behind me. They are the same as under my father and his father. A bunch of simpering sycophants whose duty to the people is often mismanaged and forgotten in their need to gain a Wasta and their dreams of becoming a part of the hierarchy.

“We are the Caliphate of the Nile, of the Holy Cities, of Europe and Asia. We are the sons and daughters of a legacy accomplished in less than a century. We are the defining nation and the only nation of any importance. Under my father, we welcomed our Berber brethren. Under his father, we recovered the Holiest Cities and laid loose the heresy that was to infect our faith. Under me, Africa and Europe have bowed to the inevitable and accepted the unity of the Umma. Over 3 billion people are Moslems, and the fact that so many are united in a common cause is thanks to you, our workers and faithful who have toiled day and night for the right to see this day. On this day; when 80 years ago, the Caliph Husayn Bin Ali declared war on the Ottoman Empire with the intent of liberating his people. 80 long years have passed, and we are the stronger for it! The Orient has fallen to its own decadent desires, the West to his aggressiveness and paranoia, but lo and behold! We are dominant. We are eternal. Allah Hu Akbar!
“Allah Hu Akbar!”

The tears of joy stream on the faces of many, as for the first time since the Prophet; all of Islam has been united under one nation, one leader and one center of power. We have accomplished what no other has even claimed to do, and for that, I am proud. This day will remain a day burned in the minds of all present and watching. After several speeches by relatives, military commanders and members of parliament, I move indoors with the heat growing somewhat intolerable. Seated in an air-conditioned office I blink, only to see a well dressed man sitting on the couch across me, smoking a hookah.

“Very rude of me, would you like some?” How arrogant.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” The security guards would enter if I raised my voice, and there is hardly a person who could afford a man of this caliber to assassinate me.

“Of course. I was an acquaintance of your grandfather. I don’t imagine he spoke much about me, besides with your father and his brothers.” An acquaintance of my grandfather? What is this cur implying?

“Let me explain. If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t be Caliph right now, and instead would be dead.” He goes on to explain these strange things, how he was the one to give my grandfather the device, how he altered the history of the world, his dealings with Russians, Americans, Japanese and Chinese alike. But it was how he unleashed his own private Armageddon, with no lack of concern over the dead.

“How can you be so uncaring of the dead? Those were families now gone because you decided to flip a switch. You unleashed a war that cost millions of live in the Far East, tricked the USSR and the USA to destroy each other utterly so that we would be able to pick up the pieces. How do you sleep at night?” I need answers!

“Easy, I did it all for the lulz.” What?

“The… lulz?” What is this strange word?

“The lulz, a joke, for a lark, because I felt like it.” What!

“It was hilarious to see happen, plus I got plenty of awesome explosions for my home system to watch later. So listen, I’ve got places to be and places to see. Here’s some places I’d like you take a look at, you know for something to do, and who knows, maybe we’ll meet again?” These locations, this information…. Who is he?

“Who are you!” I must know!

He turns back to me, his face the picture of seriousness before it breaks into a grin.

“Call me Hash, everyone does.”

Fin