"Our Struggle": What If Hitler Had Been a Communist?

But would the Reds really do the British working class that dirty? I feel like they'd pick somewhere like East Anglia, it's out of the way and a Tory heartland to boot, shows they're willing to consider their targets carefully.

Also, if the Reds do get the Bomb first, will the Americans be able to steal it as effectively as it was stolen from them? Communism is a better fifth-column recruitment system than... mild non-fascist American conservatism. It just seems like it would be harder for America to really call out to the Red's Theodore Halls and Klaus Fuchses and propel them to do something as risky as crossing the Comintern.
Also, the comintern was historically much better at exploiting social angles in the intelligence department, with the US mostly catching up thanks to technological advantage.

As for the bomb, probably aim at a military/naval base?

But would the Reds really do the British working class that dirty? I feel like they'd pick somewhere like East Anglia, it's out of the way and a Tory heartland to boot, shows they're willing to consider their targets carefully.

Also, if the Reds do get the Bomb first, will the Americans be able to steal it as effectively as it was stolen from them? Communism is a better fifth-column recruitment system than... mild non-fascist American conservatism. It just seems like it would be harder for America to really call out to the Red's Theodore Halls and Klaus Fuchses and propel them to do something as risky as crossing the Comintern.
Yeah, you're right, they'd probably nuke a place that doesn't cause needless deaths.
Though the Americans would probably be quite close to developing nukes themselves. Albeit without the intellectual resources they had in our time, they'd probably get there eventually through domestic research.

Yeah, you're right, they'd probably nuke a place that doesn't cause needless deaths.
Though the Americans would probably be quite close to developing nukes themselves. Albeit without the intellectual resources they had in our time, they'd probably get there eventually through domestic research.
I'm unsure about the idea that Hitler and Stalin care hugely about needless deaths.

I'm unsure about the idea that Hitler and Stalin care hugely about needless deaths.
The Soviets did drop bombs indiscriminately IOTL but they tended to avoid the notion of bombing civilians. They would claim that they were dropping leaflets or food aid but contemporaneously and historiographally the assertion was that moral qualms about civilian casualties kept them from attacking civilian targets.

It’s an interesting issue ITTL, I think there might be some expansion on false consciousness vis-a-vis bombing workers. Especially if an atomic attack happens and can’t be dismissed as a leaflet drop.